BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
So, do we believe that Vought has perfected their formula such that they actually do know how each person will turn out? Like, I want to suspect Mr. Edgar has superpowers because why else would you be so calm in front of someone like Homelander? Also, why wouldn't you want the powers of a God? Or are people like him so delusional that they think their wealth will protect them from everything?

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
So, do we believe that Vought has perfected their formula such that they actually do know how each person will turn out? Like, I want to suspect Mr. Edgar has superpowers because why else would you be so calm in front of someone like Homelander? Also, why wouldn't you want the powers of a God? Or are people like him so delusional that they think their wealth will protect them from everything?
One of the biggest things of the Boys, both comic and series, is that normal people regularly are in charge of the supes cause at the end of the day the supes are all just people and have been raised to listen. They also all want money and be part of the circus.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
One of the biggest things of the Boys, both comic and series, is that normal people regularly are in charge of the supes cause at the end of the day the supes are all just people and have been raised to listen. They also all want money and be part of the circus.

Which in the shown is apparent through e.g. Homelander being extremely concerned about how people perceive him and his ratings within age demos. Power over people is, if even, secondary to that. He gets power trip from fucking with lives on Seven.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
He's calm because he knows Homelander needs Vought, he needs the company to get him the love he needs and money doesn't hurt

Homelander end of the day just wants to be a celebrity he's not interested in being a Tyrant

Wracu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Captain America equivalent. If I remember he's a bit of a moron.

Every super in the city mics is a bit of a moron. At least if they're over the age of 18.

Given that Edgar in the show is very similar to Stilwell from the comics... I don't think he's delusional at all (at least about what would happening Homelander really did try to kill him). But who knows what the show will actually do, it's quite different in many respects.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
I think Edgar just knows Homelander needs Vought and basically reminded him first episode this season that Homelander needs vought then Vought needs Homelander (since they can just replace him)

Also played by Giancarlo Esposito so he's playing a cold motherfucker lol

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I actually think maybe Black Noir is Edgar's insurance policy. Dude has proven himself to be pretty much unkillable and his loyalty to Edgar is unquestionable. Given the camera in his suit and the comms, it's quite possible Black Noir hasn't done anything in these two seasons so far without Edgar telling him to. If that's the case then maybe Black Noir also exists to protect him from the Seven.

Would be better than what the comics did with him, anyway.

Oct 2, 2018
[QUOTE="caliph95, post: 46022480, member: 282"

Also played by Giancarlo Esposito so he's playing a cold motherfucker lol
[/QUOTE]

He's hardly in the show though. 5 episodes in and he has had wayyy less screen time than Elizabeth shue in season 1. Hardly any interaction with the 7 either

Deleted member 52442

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
7r4kq4qgmkl51.jpg

oh my god

i'm a moron

He is clone of Homelander in comics, but no one in Seven (not even Homelander) knows this until towards end

holy FUCK

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Man, they've done an amazing job at making me hate the fuck outta Stormfront. Butcher and gang need to fuck her up.

Vector

Feb 28, 2018
It's a little ironic how Amazon is bankrolling this show when they're just as much of a corporate monster as Vought lol

Oct 27, 2017
That was a...uh...hell of a sex scene there to close out the episode.
Like Homelander, I don't think The Deep ever takes his costume off, does he? I mean outside of showing his schlong to Starlight.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
Like Homelander, I don't think The Deep ever takes his costume off, does he? I mean outside of showing his schlong to Starlight.

Deep is / was extremely ashamed of his gills so he always kept his top part on to hide them.

With Homelander I guess his suit is to make him seem a lot more bigger and muscular than he really is. He is super strong, but just not beefcake I imagine.

Lmo2017

Oct 25, 2017
To the east of Parts Unknown...

In retrospect, there were like 3 sex scenes in this episode or am I combining 4 and 5 since I binged them? It was a love/hate fest.

Also my head canon is that all the supes wear the super hero equivalent of tear off track pants.

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The show is kind of becoming a bummer to me the more I think about it. Like, they're trying to make us feel sympathetic to some supers like A-Train and Queen Maeve but they're actually horrible people who have done and let very horrible things happen. It also doesn't seem to be focusing much on slapping back against supers either. It seems they're pivoting towards a more meta-commentary super hero dramedy show now.

Arkestry

Oct 26, 2017
London
Deep is / was extremely ashamed of his gills so he always kept his top part on to hide them.

With Homelander I guess his suit is to make him seem a lot more bigger and muscular than he really is. He is super strong, but just not beefcake I imagine.
Oh man I always thought his suit looked like a really bad muscle suit sometimes, the shading on it is really off. I'd fucking love it if he was actually some super skinny dweeb under there.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
I think Homelander suit is just because Anthony Starr didn't have enough time to train so they just gave him a muscle suit

AniHawk

No Fear, Only Math
Oct 25, 2017
Homelander: girls get it on
Ashley: girls get it done

lmao, this show is classic.

the tone of the woke brand they're going for is perfect. in particular, 'girls get the job done' is just the right amount of the veneer of having better representation for women mixed with sexism by referring to them as 'girls.' this also extends to the poorly-written queen maeve meta-story for her life, and the somehow more poorly written story in that shitty movie.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
Oh man I always thought his suit looked like a really bad muscle suit sometimes, the shading on it is really off. I'd fucking love it if he was actually some super skinny dweeb under there.

Starr's physique
c2f705c1cc29f894af64a81fa1e46789.png

He is fit, but not even close to beefcake to Homelander costume makes him to be. I doubt they would have that outfit just to have him seem bigger just to be bigger, but what we know about Homelander as person I bet that suit is for his vanity. He has super strength and he wants beef to go with it.

I think Homelander suit is just because Anthony Starr didn't have enough time to train so they just gave him a muscle suit

Starr would need to workout for pretty good amount of time to become that beefy as Homelander outfit makes him to be.

AniHawk

No Fear, Only Math
Oct 25, 2017
Starr's physique
c2f705c1cc29f894af64a81fa1e46789.png

He is fit, but not even close to beefcake to Homelander costume makes him to be. I doubt they would have that outfit just to have him seem bigger just to be bigger, but what we know about Homelander as person I bet that suit is for his vanity. He has super strength and he wants beef to go with it.

this is why i'm a 1 and not a 0 on the kinsey scale.

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Realistically, what would a being as strong as Homelander even have to do to stimulate his muscles enough to cause growth? Like, when the same question comes up for Superman, you can say the sun gives him his physique, too. But Homelander isn't a solar battery like Superman.

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
Last edited:

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
I really do love a super hero landing lol, think I watched Homelander landing a few times during the rally/protest. What a great scene, we've seen Homelander lose a few times so far this season and this was another. I legit thought he killed all those people but there would have been no way to redeem him in the people's eyes.

Kind of knew Homie and Stormfront were gonna bang, she kept saying she's there for him for anything. Dude is a kid in Superman's body and o guess he didn't see it.

Really enjoying the season so far, sucks it's weekly but can deal with it. Does anyone have any good companion podcasts? Type on The Boys and I kinda get nothing.

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Only way I can see Stormfront being taken out now is if Starlight absorbs her power and strikes back at her. One of her abilities is absorbing electricity after all.

Vector

Feb 28, 2018
Only way I can see Stormfront being taken out now is if Starlight absorbs her power and strikes back at her. One of her abilities is absorbing electricity after all.
Yeah, if you think about it Starlight should be the foil to Stormfront ability wise. Can't see anyone other than Kimiko delivering the finishing blow though.