• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scarf

Oct 27, 2017
The Dolphin core is such a mess. It just randomly decides not to work. I have the correct driver, I load the core, choose Metroid Prime and nothing happens. F-Zero GX loads just fine. Metroid Prime worked yesterday so who the fuck knows what's wrong now. I also love it how you can't check the core settings without loading a game so how do I change the settings if the game doesn't load? Also, the rumble doesn't work on Dolphin.

EDIT: Whelp, now Metroid Prime loads, lol. I don't know why, though!

Turnbl

Oct 27, 2017
I assume to update to latest cores requires an app uninstall then reinstall?

Does anyone know the button combination to bring up RA menu in game?

Nov 2, 2019
Finally got this up and running. Played some Punch Out on NES and Gran Turismo 2 on PS1 and both ran flawlessly on my Series S. The S is a crazy impressive little box and it's shameful that I can get A PS1 title working perfectly and smoothly and Sony can't get my PS1 classic purchases on my PS3 to work on the PS5. Going to try ripping my Sega CD Lunar games tomorrow and see if I can get them running. Hell, even the screenshot function works. Loving my S!

Fredrik

Oct 27, 2017
Hell, even the screenshot function works. Loving my S!
And video capture too! That was a woah moment for sure =)

I wish MS could realize how awesome this thing is and put it up on the store again. It's not like it's opening the console for piracy of regular retail releases so I don't see what harm it does. They could really become the good guys if they treat this right.

ekim

Oct 26, 2017
I tried accessing RA through the link from the last page but it says "A problem occurred" - am I too late already? :(

Barneystuta

Nov 4, 2017
Forgive my ignorance here, I requested white listing and have discord but never realy used it.

How do I access the Discord server? Feel free to PM if we don't want the details public.

jobrro

The Fallen
Nov 19, 2017
Forgive my ignorance here, I requested white listing and have discord but never realy used it.

How do I access the Discord server? Feel free to PM if we don't want the details public.
I am not using Discord (I have used it in the past but not this channel or whatever they are called) but I still got whitelisted. As long as you put correct details you should be ok.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
You can use online updater

And the hotkey is disabled by default. You can enable it in settings input

Excuse me if its way too obvious and i'm just being a dumdum but how do you use online updater to update cores on xbox? i can't see it, just some homebrew software in there

KOfLegend

Jun 17, 2019
Can someone please test DQVIII on the PS2 core to see how well it runs? If it runs relatively well, I'm making the jump!

Starlatine

Oct 28, 2017
im testing it one my One X before my series X arrives and runs amazing so far. I have cover/box art enabled and full suite of Mega Drive games running flawlessly

it's amazing

How did you get cover art to show up? I turned it on under the online updater and changed the setting on appearances and still nothing. Can't create playlists either for what is worth, the scan just doesnt work i guess

Betamaxbandit

Jan 30, 2018
How did you get cover art to show up? I turned it on under the online updater and changed the setting on appearances and still nothing. Can't create playlists either for what is worth, the scan just doesnt work i guess

I used the manual scan option. Set system name to mega drive (or whatever you are scanning) set scan inside archives and then it worked for me.

nillapuddin

Oct 25, 2017
Is anyone able to get Dreamcast to go to higher resolutions? I was able to get it at 2x (960? Iirc) but anything higher than that causes weird stretching.

I was able to get snes and ps1 going pretty high without issues

Oct 25, 2017
im testing it one my One X before my series X arrives and runs amazing so far. I have cover/box art enabled and full suite of Mega Drive games running flawlessly

it's amazing

ugggggggggh fiiiiiiine

I've submitted a request to be whitelisted for the retail version. I guess that would be better than the dev kit one as i'll hopefully be able to stream and recore clips on the retail app which i assume isn't possible on the dev kit method

ekim

Oct 26, 2017
Ok I got whitelisted. When following the link in Edge on the console I can see the store page but I can't download. It says "Not available"

edit: got it - needed to reboot the Xbox.

Scarf

Oct 27, 2017
Is anyone able to get Dreamcast to go to higher resolutions? I was able to get it at 2x (960? Iirc) but anything higher than that causes weird stretching.

I was able to get snes and ps1 going pretty high without issues

Yeah, I've been playing Skies of Arcadia at higher resolution (4x I think) and it works great. I chose the VGA output if that makes any difference.

ekim

Oct 26, 2017
Ok - got it installed.
I have put a Rom on a USB drive and loaded the Mednafen (Beetle Saturn) core but it won't see the ROM on USB Drive. (It's a bin file)

edit: and how do I get the fancy menu?

BlueMagic

Jan 10, 2018
Does it take a good while to load GC games for everyone else? Guessing my drive is just too slow but I wonder if there's any other trick to it. Using the front USB

Starlatine

Oct 28, 2017
Does it take a good while to load GC games for everyone else? Guessing my drive is just too slow but I wonder if there's any other trick to it. Using the front USB

its better to copy large files to the console instead of running them from the usb
actually its better to copy the small ones too but i dont mind the small "loading"

ekim

Oct 26, 2017
Ok - found the ROM through a manual scan. Now when I start it, it either says "loading failed" or Retroarch crashes. :-/

Betamaxbandit

Jan 30, 2018
Ok - got it installed.
I have put a Rom on a USB drive and loaded the Mednafen (Beetle Saturn) core but it won't see the ROM on USB Drive. (It's a bin file)

edit: and how do I get the fancy menu?

you need to run the online updater...content update(?) I think it's called. It will download and you can change interface

ekim

Oct 26, 2017
Finally got everything running. Last question: how do I quit out of a game? :D

Fredrik

Oct 27, 2017
You can't run any game that is bigger than 2Gb from the USB, those has to be in the internal memory.
Weird limit. And this is on both retail and dev mode versions?
I kinda liked to play from USB and know that internal storage would be fine, an ultra fit USB stick on the back of the console is a slick solution imo.

Winnie

Mar 12, 2020
Weird limit. And this is on both retail and dev mode versions?
I kinda liked to play from USB and know that internal storage would be fine, an ultra fit USB stick on the back of the console is a slick solution imo.

I have only tried in retail mode, but i guess that dev mode is the same.

ekim

Oct 26, 2017
Did you get your Beetle working? I've been struggling with Saturn, presumably i need to sort BIOS out myself?

Yes. I put it on to a stick and set the system directory to the folder on the stick...

----

Were Genesis games always struggling with frame rates? And Saturn as well. Sega Rally and VF2 run like as. In my memory they ran at 60 fps. lol

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Yes. I put it on to a stick and set the system directory to the folder on the stick...

----

Were Genesis games always struggling with frame rates? And Saturn as well. Sega Rally and VF2 run like as. In my memory they ran at 60 fps. lol

Sega Rally didn't run at 60fps on Saturn. 30fps.

Virtua Fighter 2 should be 60fps though?

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Hm... maybe I need to reconfigure something? Output is set to 60FPS and driver to D3d12

Tbh, I might just suggest the native Xbox BC version of Virtua Fighter 2 rather than spending time messing with emulator settings. Save your Retroarch time for the Saturn classics that didn't get ports!

Komarkaze

Oct 27, 2017
I got whitelisted the other day and began playing around. I am not very good with using RetroArch yet, but I figured out how to get the open source stuff downloaded and working like Rick Dangerous.

What's the best way of transferring my files over to the Xbox? Using a usb thumb drive or the My Files Explorer app?

Fredrik

Oct 27, 2017
I got whitelisted the other day and began playing around. I am not very good with using RetroArch yet, but I figured out how to get the open source stuff downloaded and working like Rick Dangerous.

What's the best way of transferring my files over to the Xbox? Using a usb thumb drive or the My Files Explorer app?
Amiga Rick Dangerous?? If so, how did you get it working? I'd love to have Amiga emulation in the living room, I played around with uae on Raspberry pi many years ago but it never ran good enough.
Joystick controls on the gamepad is bad though (stick up=jump :p) but I guess you can remap for each game.

Status
Not open for further replies.