SledGod

Oct 27, 2017
We have one of these can opener bridges in Atlanta on a much less busy road, but it happens to be down the street from a Ryder location. There was pretty much always sheets of metal along the sides of the road there.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
I love the skims, those got to hurt more than just full wrecks

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
So many with the rental trucks, too. Clearly they never look at the specs of the vehicle they're driving to know how frikkin' tall it is.

ivantod

Oct 27, 2017
I've been watching these videos for a few years, but one thing I genuinely don't get. Why do so many people run the red light at this intersection? So many people (even cars too, not just trucks) behave here like the red light is only a suggestion, but not actually mandatory. What gives?

krae_man

Master of Balan Wonderworld
Oct 25, 2017
I've been watching these videos for a few years, but one thing I genuinely don't get. Why do so many people run the red light at this intersection? So many people (even cars too, not just trucks) behave here like the red light is only a suggestion, but not actually mandatory. What gives?

My best guess is, it's because of the abruptness of the switch like when an emergency vehicle changes them. They aren't expecting it and the "fuck it gun it" decision takes a couple more seconds to happen.

How long it was green before the sensor was tripped would be interesting data.

Last edited:

grand

Oct 25, 2017
When the sensors detect a truck that's too tall coming, it immediately turns the light to red and turns on the "overhead must turn" light.

goodsines

Oct 28, 2017
Colorado
I remember seeing this thread when it was created and now I actually live right down the road from this magnificent bridge. It's weird walking by it, can't unsee this thread in my head now when I do, lol.

I_love_potatoes

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jul 6, 2020
Genuine qustion, but is there really no other portion of the track that they can build under or just create a new path for trucks? Lol

Vitet

Oct 31, 2017
Valencia, Spain
Just build two Stargates on both sides of the underpass and connect the two to each other. Seems like the simplest solution, honestly.
They will be too near to work. They should kust put a cable connected to the power wires and a flux condenser and send the vehicles to a time when the bridge wasn't yet constructed.

Just put the same setup on the past to send them back to the other side. Oh and a mandatory 88mph sign. They can keep the red light, everyone just ignores it either way.

Order of Out

Jan 31, 2022
Marlins phase shifting device could work too.

Or just some speed arrows and a jump pad.
iu

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
The person who runs that camera must be constantly getting calls and emails from insurance agents XD

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
Best thread on era. But part of me is missing the maximum destruction the bridge used to cause :'c