• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Do you own any of those games? If yes, will you miss it??

• Yes, and I will miss Joe's Dinner or one of the other games.

Votes: 82 7.8%
  • Yes, and I won't miss Joe's Dinner, or one of the other games.

Votes: 75 7.2%
  • No, I don't own Joe's Dinner or any of the other games

Votes: 889 85.0%

• Total voters

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
So, today Sony finally give a detailed blog post talking about backwards compatibility and revealed a tiny list of 10 games that won't work on the PS5.
But do own any of them? If yes, say which and if you will miss it.
And if not, here I will post the description, store page and metacritic of those games, why not? Maybe you will want to buy and play before getting your PS5!

And don't ask me why I'm doing this

1- Joe's Dinner, Unscored with 3 scores(20, 20 and 15)
joes-diner-listingthumb-01-ps4-us-17Jan2017

Somewhere along the venerable Route 7, in the middle of nowhere, you will find Joe's Diner. As an employee working the graveyard shift for the next month, your primary task is to keep the tables clean – no tough challenge at all.

Unfortunately there's a rub to it. The old Diner was built on the site of a former Indian cemetery. Amongst the buried, two rival chieftains are laid to rest while alive each could not stand the other.

One chieftain endeavors only to rest in peace. The other, a prankster both in life and the afterlife, is prone to ruffle the feathers of his fellow chief.
$20-https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP2715-CUSA03807_00-JOESDINERPS4US00?smcid=

2- DWVR, PSVR Game, Unscored and without any scores.
DWVR_Oculus_Square.png

Feel like an action hero while switching seamlessly between an arsenal of guns, swords and spells as you blast your way through murderous hordes.

DWVR is a high speed shooter that uses motion controls to put you in the shoes of an action hero. Your VR controller becomes an extension of your arm as you take aim with your gun or cast spells.
$14.99-https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP3089-CUSA09805_00-000000000000DWVR

3- Afro Samurai 2 Revenge of Kuma Volume One, 21 MC with 15 scores
2882756-afrosamurai2.jpg

Embark on a journey of redemption, driven by bitter-sweet revenge! The action packed saga of Afro Samurai continues but this time follows the path of Kuma, one of Afro's closest childhood friends. After witnessing the slaughter of all those he loved and facing near death himself, Kuma has risen from the ashes as a cybernetically enhanced killing machine, with one goal in mind, bloody revenge.
*Deleted from PS Store*

4- TT Isle of Man Ride on the Edge 2, 74 MC with 17 scores
capsule_616x353.jpg

Without a shadow of a doubt it is one of the most dangerous motorbike races in the world. In TT Isle of Man – Ride On the Edge 2, you prove your worth in different championships before setting out to conquer the Snaefell Mountain Course, a 60 km-long track with both winding and straight sections that will push your riding skills to the limit. TT 2 features 17 additional tracks, 18 different motorbikes including classic models, and the official riders. And now it's more realistic than ever, thanks to entirely revamped physics and faithfully reproduced rider movements. Fine-tune your motorbike, upgrade its performance and monitor its data in real time so you can stay competitive. TT2 also offers a brand-new open world, a biker's paradise where you can test your bike settings and gain the experience you'll need to win the TT Isle of Man title!
Now on sale for $26.99, common retail price is $59.99-https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP4008-CUSA17031_00-TT2SIEA000000000

5- Just Deal With It!, 46 MC with 4 scores
just-deal-with-it-boxart-01-ps4-us-13nov2018

Just Deal With It! on PS4™ with PlayLink™ delivers a whole new twist on five classic card games. Play Poker, Blackjack, Crazy Eights, Rummy and Hearts locally or on-line. Team up with friends and family, launch attacks, sabotage the competition, and go all in for the win, in this joyous card game party!
$19.99-https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP4616-CUSA13977_00-SPGJDWI461810001

6- Shadow Complex Remastered, 74 MC with 14 scores
shadow%20complex_01.jpg

ChAIR's fresh twist on classic side-scrolling design with modern gameplay is amplified in Shadow Complex Remastered, featuring all content from the award-winning original game, updated with graphical enhancements, new dynamic melee take-downs, and additional Master Challenges and Trophies to support its PlayStation®4 debut.
$14.99-https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP1477-CUSA04265_00-0000000000004849

7- Robinson: The Journey, PSVR game, 64 MC with 46 scores
robinson-4.jpg

When the Esmeralda crashes on Tyson III, a boy named Robin is left stranded. He must rely on his wits – and HIGS, an AI companion from the ship – to survive. As he searches for the lost crew and comes face-to-face with dinosaurs, Robin discovers that Tyson III is not the paradise once promised…
$29.99-https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP4291-CUSA05850_00-ROBINSONJOURNEY1

8- Hitman Go: Definitive Edition, 77 MC with 26 Scores
Hitman_Go_capa.jpg

Hitman GO is a simple to play, but difficult to master turn-based strategy game set in a stunning interpretation of the Hitman universe. You will strategically navigate fixed spaces on a grid to avoid enemies and take out your target or infiltrate well-guarded locations. This award-winning, beautifully rendered diorama-style turn-based strategy game focuses on forward thinking to progress through challenging levels and stylish freeze frame environments, to challenge even the most accomplished Hitman fan.
$7.99- https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0082-CUSA04126_00-HITMANGOPS4SQENM?smcid=
9- Shadwen, 51 MC with 24 Scores
Shadwen_artwork.png

Shadwen is a stealth-action game where the only rule is to remain unseen. Stay hidden - or the ruthless guards will kill you on sight!

Shadwen, an assassin on a quest to kill the king, has a chance encounter with an orphaned girl, Lily. She follows Shadwen on her dangerous journey, but when the guards get too close, Shadwen must take action right in front of Lily's eyes.
$16.99- https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP4029-CUSA04571_00-SHADWENSCEA00000?smcid=psblog:fr:bigfortnitediscountsamongnewdealsgoingliveonplaystationstoretoday::Shadwen

10- We Sing, Unscored with 2 Scores(80 and 80)

We Sing brings the award winning party experience, direct to the comfort of your living room. Sing together or sing-off against up to 10 friends at the same time, or go solo to top the online leaderboards and become the star you were born to be!
Use your smartphone to play with the FREE We Sing Mic® App or connect a compatible USB microphone for the authentic studio experience.
$29.99- https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP4389-CUSA05896_00-WESINGPS4US00001

Bashteee

Oct 27, 2017
I have Hitman Go, great game but after I finished it 0 reason to go back to. So... no. I will not miss it.

blanton

alt account
Banned
Jul 28, 2020
I actually did buy Shadow Complex back in the spring. It's probably the best game on the list.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
No, I don't own any of them. The majority I'd never even heard of before.

Thiago

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I have Hitman Go and Shadow Complex, on the iPhone and Xbox 360 respectively 🤣. So I won't miss those.

Deleted member 25870

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I posted in the other thread, but Shadow Complex. It was my first Limited Run Games disc. A fine metroidvania and I would miss it.

sbenji

Jul 25, 2019
I own the psvr abomination game — played once and was so sad. Honestly psvr was a massive waste of money.

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017
It's hilarious to imagine Sony booting up and testing every single atrocious PS4 game just to see if it works on PS5.

Hitman Go is a cool game so it's a little disappointing it doesn't work but it plays best on mobile devices anyway so not a huge loss.

ChanceOwen

Oct 25, 2017
I'm waiting for my PS5 to hook up my PSVR with my pro and no longer worry about hdr pass through and play Robinson with a little more power. It was a bit rough on my base PS4. Unsure why it wouldn't work on PS5 though.

Kitano

Mar 28, 2019
What is exactly preventing those games to work? I thought it would be better marketing to just get them to work and say all PS4 games are compatible with PS5

purseowner

From the mirror universe
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I'm not convinced some of these don't run fine on PS5 and Sony haven't just decided to blacklist them because they've retroactively decided they're too shit for their platform.

Shark

Oct 28, 2017
Raleigh, NC
I have the Hitman Go platinum. It's a really good game. The port on Vita was perfect. It's a shame we won't get another in that style.

I owned Shadow Complex on 360 and liked it. I'd be scared to go back to it, feels like it was probably very much a product of its time. There was something about that 'Arcade' era of titles that was interesting.

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017
I own Hitman GO and Shadwen

HItman GO is cool, but I never finished. It became too samey and boring with time

Shadwen I got a review code for it, didnt really like it and it was a little broken at launch, not sure if its still the case

so, not really, no

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Robinson is the weird one to me since that was one of those early flagship "if you get PSVR you should play this" games, but other than that I think Hitman Go and Shadow Complex are the only ones people really care about, and one of those is a mobile game and the other is like 10 years old and available on a lot of devices. I don't think a lot of people will miss any of these.

CHC

Oct 27, 2017
Isle of Man II is actually a pretty good motorcycle sim, I have it on PC. Great sense of speed, fun game overall. No great loss to not have, but if you're into that kind of game it's enjoyable.

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
I own none of them, and even if I did I wouldn't care. If only 10 games don't work I am probably okay with that even if I own all 10 of them out of the thousands that do.

OP
OP
Uzupedro

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
Oct 24, 2019
Only one that's a shame is Shadow Complex, that's a fantastic metroidvania and one of those OG mainstream indies from the XBLA Summer of Arcade days.

Don't care about the rest though

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I have Shadow Complex on 360, but never bought the remaster though

coolasj19

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, Texas
Shadow Complex is real talk a disappointment for me cause I've been snaking through it for the last month but I'll just finish it before November and remember it fondly. It's also in PS Now so it's not too dire.

lupinko

Oct 26, 2017
I own Hitman Go and SCR. Hitman Go is just a one time play unless I replay it and forget everything. If I want to play SCR again, I can just play it on PS4.

lupinko

Oct 26, 2017
I don't think it's all technical. Others brought up licensing in the BC thread and I bet that's a lot of it.

I asked in there but didn't get a response, does IO just straight up own all the rights to Hitman in gaming now?

What licensing for Shadow Complex? And you have delisted games like all those licensed Activision Transformers games that still work on ps5.

MadMike

Oct 27, 2017
I have Hitman Go, but I don't really have any interest in replaying it. I could just play it on my phone if that ever changes.

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
Curious about what specific reason makes these games unplayable. Surprised there are both PSVR and Flat PS4 list as well.

NightShift

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Shadow Complex is the only one where it's a shame it's not BC but I played it for a hour and got bored so it's not a big loss to me.

Hitman Go is great but it's a phone game. I can't imagine playing something like it on a console and I constantly see it for free on Google Play and the Apple Store. It'll stick around.

I don't think anybody's mourning Afro Samurai 2 and I've never heard of the rest. So overall, I'm very happy with PS5 BC. I unfortunately think P.T. will be added to the list once we get our hands on it though. As well as a few other things so niche that only weirdos will test.

Shark

Oct 28, 2017
Raleigh, NC
What licensing for Shadow Complex? And you have delisted games like all those licensed Activision Transformers games that still work on ps5.
I'm completely speculating and even admitted I don't even know what IO's Hitman ownership is or if it's even plausible for that to be the cause when it comes to Go.

I do think licensing or some other rights issue makes more sense than these specific games being so technically broken that Sony would know and say they'd forever be unable to move to the newer hardware.

Jayde Six

Feb 2, 2019
I own Hitman Go but never made any real progress in it. Own it on android too so not to upset. Though it's weird that such a simple game is incompatible.

IOTS

Dec 13, 2019
I'm not convinced some of these don't run fine on PS5 and Sony haven't just decided to blacklist them because they've retroactively decided they're too shit for their platform.
I low-key expected life of black tiger to make the list just cause of the infamy.
No disrespect to the creator intended.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm just so curious at the technical reason as to why these games can't run on the PS5. I mean it can't be a shit codebase, since by omission presumably Life of Black Tiger works on PS5. You're telling me THIS works on PS5, but those other games don't?

IOTS

Dec 13, 2019
there's no way to download it, unless it's already downloaded on your PS4. So there's no way to get it on a PS5.
I think you wrong on that. If I understood right you can use an external HDD with games and saves that will work on PS5 without reformatting it.
You can also transfer games and saves per lan or wifi.

SnakeXs

Oct 28, 2017
Put me on the boat with others who just wanna know why. Any reason is viable, I just want a reason.

LifeLine

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
And you can even download it from PSN if you have a license, even after it was delisted.

Im pretty sure you can't.

I think you wrong on that. If I understood right you can use an external HDD with games and saves that will work on PS5 without reformatting it.
You can also transfer games and saves per lan or wifi.

Yes but with no ways of getting a physical or digital copy, and the only way to get it is needing a PS4 preloaded with it and then doing a HDD transfer makes it pretty obvious it was never tested and wouldn't show up on this list if it didn't work, not to mention it's not even a game, but a demo.

Couleurs

Oct 25, 2017
Denver, CO
there's no way to download it, unless it's already downloaded on your PS4. So there's no way to get it on a PS5.

I haven't paid total attention to new console features, but can you not just unplug an external SSD/HDD and plug it into the PS5 to play PS4 games? Or is that an Xbox only thing?

Edit - never mind I misread -somehow missed you saying "unless it's already downloaded"