• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Do you own any of those games? If yes, will you miss it??

• Yes, and I will miss Joe's Dinner or one of the other games.

Votes: 82 7.8%
  • Yes, and I won't miss Joe's Dinner, or one of the other games.

Votes: 75 7.2%
  • No, I don't own Joe's Dinner or any of the other games

Votes: 889 85.0%

• Total voters

Rats

Oct 25, 2017
I've only heard of two of those games, and I don't think I even knew they were available on PS4 (Hitman and Shadow Complex).

Dalto11

Oct 27, 2017
I have Robinson: The Journey. It's an okay PSVR title, nothing that I feel like is worth writing home about personally. Decent story but interactions feel limited and result in a rigid feeling game. It was pretty blurry even on PS4 pro. Not at all sad about it not making it over. But I will also be keeping my PlayStation 4s.

The Hiveking

Oct 27, 2017
A moment of silence for our comrades left behind.
2f0.gif

Ashdroid

Oct 27, 2017
Shadwen has been sitting on my PSN wishlist for years. Sounded kinda interesting, but I never got around to trying it.

G-X

Oct 28, 2017
Really the odd ones here are

Shadow Complex Remastered - Epic has the resources and the relationship with Sony to make this happen, no apparent licensing issues, and any technical issues should be able to resolve with existing UE documentation or building new that will be needed for other devs who are using UE on PS4 >PS5

Robinson The Journey - Crytek likely just doesn't see it worth their effort, and let's face it the company hasn't had a great last 7 or so years, including the critical and commercial reception to this game. Up until earlier this year the game never really went on sale from its original $59.99 price and I finally grabbed it once it dropped to 30 and while it definitely has some issues with being on rails and bad fps, it is still one of the biggest "spectacle" experiences i have had in VR from the short time I spent with it. Was hoping a Boost mode would help with the fps but I think there is little chance Crytek bothers with making this compatible.

Then maybe DWVR because it was a fairly popular PSVR game but the devs are working on making it compatible per another poster.

...other than that the list can burn, it sucks for people who like Hitman Go but with the studio's split from Enix it's not surprising at all.

WhiteNovember

Aug 15, 2018
I own Hitman go (finished it already) and always wanted to try out Robinson. May buy and play it before the PS5 releases.

modsbox

Oct 28, 2017
Has anyone said anything about whether or not this is situation that isn't fixable by the developers if they'd like to? Seems like for Robinson or Shadow Complex it would make sense for the devs to spend a bit of time making it work and distribute an update to solve it.

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
I don't think it's all technical. Others brought up licensing in the BC thread and I bet that's a lot of it.

I asked in there but didn't get a response, does IO just straight up own all the rights to Hitman in gaming now?
Hitman is still owned by Square Enix but they've licensed it to IO and seemingly given them free reign with it.

The only incompatible game I own is Hitman Go and while it's a good game, I was done with it the minute I got the plat. I'm pretty happy with that list TBH. Assuming there isn't a huge list of games with major compatibility problems, I think I might end up selling off my Pro.

Fukuzatsu

Oct 25, 2017
So it sounded like Sony was saying any companion app features in PS4 games won't carry over to PS5. What about Hidden Agenda? It's not on this list, but IIRC requires the use of PlayLink for basic controls (essentially making your mobile phone a controller).

Rirse

Jun 29, 2019
Really the odd ones here are

Shadow Complex Remastered - Epic has the resources and the relationship with Sony to make this happen, no apparent licensing issues, and any technical issues should be able to resolve with existing UE documentation or building new that will be needed for other devs who are using UE on PS4 >PS5

Robinson The Journey - Crytek likely just doesn't see it worth their effort, and let's face it the company hasn't had a great last 7 or so years, including the critical and commercial reception to this game. Up until earlier this year the game never really went on sale from its original $59.99 price and I finally grabbed it once it dropped to 30 and while it definitely has some issues with being on rails and bad fps, it is still one of the biggest "spectacle" experiences i have had in VR from the short time I spent with it. Was hoping a Boost mode would help with the fps but I think there is little chance Crytek bothers with making this compatible.

Then maybe DWVR because it was a fairly popular PSVR game but the devs are working on making it compatible per another poster.

...other than that the list can burn, it sucks for people who like Hitman Go but with the studio's split from Enix it's not surprising at all.

Think Epic just doesn't care about anything that is not Fortnite these days. Ignoring the recent Apple stuff, they lost all interest in updating any of the Infinity Blade games so they all stopped working over time. Shame since it was one of their last good games they did. At least the 360 version will be playable on the Series X.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
So it sounded like Sony was saying any companion app features in PS4 games won't carry over to PS5. What about Hidden Agenda? It's not on this list, but IIRC requires the use of PlayLink for basic controls (essentially making your mobile phone a controller).
if those work in the same way to JackBox, it might be able to run independently from the app with a phone browser instead

either that or playlink games are just donezo

Captain of Outer Space

Come Sale Away With Me
Oct 28, 2017
Hitman is still owned by Square Enix but they've licensed it to IO and seemingly given them free reign with it.

The only incompatible game I own is Hitman Go and while it's a good game, I was done with it the minute I got the plat. I'm pretty happy with that list TBH. Assuming there isn't a huge list of games with major compatibility problems, I think I might end up selling off my Pro.
Pretty sure it's the reverse. IO went independent and got the Hitman and Freedom Fighters IPs to go with them, but Hitman Go remains a Square Enix-published game that they put on sale with their other stuff.

www.usgamer.net

IO Interactive Becomes Independent Studio, Retains Rights to Hitman

The former Square Enix dev studio is going it alone and taking Hitman with it.

Vervain

Oct 27, 2017
The only one of them I own is Afro Samurai 2 and I'm fine with it never seeing the light of day again.

When I reviewed at release I called it the worst game I'd ever played and I stick by that claim. It was bloody TERRIBLE.

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
Pretty sure it's the reverse. IO went independent and got the Hitman and Freedom Fighters IPs to go with them, but Hitman Go remains a Square Enix-published game that they put on sale with their other stuff.

www.usgamer.net

IO Interactive Becomes Independent Studio, Retains Rights to Hitman

The former Square Enix dev studio is going it alone and taking Hitman with it.
Nope. It's a common misconception but it's wrong. We've already gone through this a few times in other threads.

itsaziz

Nov 8, 2017
Only played two games on the list, Hitman Go and Shadow Complex...I platinum'd Go and I played a bit of Shadow Complex. I'm gonna try and complete Shadow Complex before I get a PS5 but I won't go back to Hitman Go. Never heard of the other games.

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
The only true loss in that list is Hitman Go, but you're better off playing it on your phone anyways.

BlackLagoon

Oct 25, 2017
Shadwen is decent. It's like classic Asassin's Creed meets Superhot. You have to help young girl through a bunch of levels either by distracting the enemies or murdering them. You have to ghost the levels - it's game over if a guard gets alerted, but can rewind time at any point. A reasonably unique experience, if repetitive in the long run.

KraytarJ

Nov 14, 2017
I own a lot of games and I've never even considered buying any of these. So I'm pretty stoked none of my stuff will be left behind.

Lion

Banned
Jul 7, 2020
I have a feeling we own the Robinson gene to play on ve, but have never got round to playing it.

Chamon

Feb 26, 2019
I have Hitman Go and Robinson. I can play Hitman on the Vita, and I don't plan on replaying Robinson again, although I think is a really cool game and also good for showing VR to others.

Deleted member 46804

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 17, 2018
I'm just so curious at the technical reason as to why these games can't run on the PS5. I mean it can't be a shit codebase, since by omission presumably Life of Black Tiger works on PS5. You're telling me THIS works on PS5, but those other games don't?

It would have nothing to do with a "shit codebase." It is either the code is doing something the PS5 can't emulate or it is a licensing problem.

Rikimaru

Nov 2, 2017
Why just these 10? Like, what's the technical limitation here?
No one knows, could be some shit on the source code that just breaks the game when running on the PS5.
Or maybe it is God.
Race conditions mostly.
Buggy games like this:

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
I'm just so curious at the technical reason as to why these games can't run on the PS5. I mean it can't be a shit codebase, since by omission presumably Life of Black Tiger works on PS5. You're telling me THIS works on PS5, but those other games don't?

I'd rather play that Tiger game ANY day of the week over Joes Diner. I mean, look how shit and unfun this game actually is

apparently the game has "innovative gameplay" and "fantastic sound effects" if you read the Amazon page description šŸ˜‚