Applebite

Oct 27, 2017
I think it comes down to the fact that the game looks good, but it does not seem to look as good as the reveal trailer. Definitely takes some air out of the newness of it all.

Onyxxx

Jun 21, 2022
maxresdefault.jpg

Nina_Williams_%28T7%29.png
2545288-539847.jpg
latest

Tekken-8-nina.jpg
FoOWrEeaAAAjuOa.jpg:large
FoOXWN5aAAE2xZ3
FoOWs4yagAAWQkq

Jun 25, 2022
SC6 actually sold well for the franchise standards. Also it was in no way as divise as SFV, heck it was probably less divise than the last 2 instalments in the series. The lack of rollback and covid killed the momentum of season 2.
I only played until season 1 so I'm not sure what changes they made but I remember stuff like reversal edge was pretty damn divisive. And they nerfed the movement too IIRC.

Rogote

Oct 25, 2017
That's the worst thing that can happen to a series lol. SFV was very divisive and although it didn't kill the series it definitely turned off some fans off the series. Whereas SC6 just killed the series.
I like interesting sequels no matter the consequences to the series itself. I can be worried for the franchise but also like bold deviations. It doesn't always pay out either for me nor the franchise but I like the energy.

GTOAkira

Sep 1, 2018
I will say that I def love her new haircut.
Honestly I dont even mind the design. Its not an issue like it is for paul or king.
My only issue is her rage arts. There's like no impact at all in them. This seems to be a consistent problem for the whole cast so far.

Bigg

Oct 25, 2017
Kinda feel like people who say this looks exactly like T7 visually haven't played T7 in a while. The lighting in this one looks way better to me.

KharijTheDog

Sep 23, 2022
Is Nina the only character reveal for now?

The short hair suits her well, though I think her Blood Vengeance suit is peak though. Gonna have to wait for several months to see my main Alisa I suppose

Onyxxx

Jun 21, 2022
Do you guys think that the camera will be so active in the actual game, or do we see dramatic trailer magic happening?

Chumunga64

Jun 22, 2018
imagine signing up for the king of the iron fist tournament to test your mettle against fighters from all over the world and then getting shot up by your opponent

Firefly

Jul 10, 2018
Something about the lighting or PBR materials, the characters don't look good in action. Guess the initial reveal was too good to be true. Still looks like a decent leap over T7 though I guess?

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
This is quite far cry graphically from the inital showing, holy shit. As for Nina, I kinda miss long hair but it's okay. They literally cannot make worse design than Paul, so it's all upwards.

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know why I have 0 excitement for this game, something feels very off about it and I have no way to put it in words. I've adored the series ever since playing 1 in the arcades, so it's a very weird feeling.

Mamoniadas

Oct 25, 2017
With all the other things going around her costume and look (which is really fine btw.) is the least, and I mean least of the issues.

T7 was the last worthwhile fighter I've played seriously ranked but I'm not sure if SF 6 and T8 are what I'm looking in a fighter especially for full price + potential season pass purchases.

I'm extremely sceptical to say the least if I'm ready to invest my time and money to get good at it especially when online has become my only option.
SF 6 was just alright (can't even say if I enjoy it more than V right now) and I don't perticilarly like the new design and direction of T8.
It's nothing like when T7 was announced and T7FR was shown, I knew I was gonna preorder it and have a fantastic fighter.
been feeling indifferent about the next gen of fighters gameplay as well. im thinking about picking up kofxv

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
Definitely getting some RE vibes from her design here, but I like it. Certainly better than the wedding dress default from 7.

imagine signing up for the king of the iron fist tournament to test your mettle against fighters from all over the world and then getting shot up by your opponent

I mean you're fighting literal demons, vampires, and all sorts of other supernatural freaks, so some normal-ass guns are kind of tame in comparison.

Also given the state of Tekken's world right now, nobody sane is signing up for the KOIF tournament anyway lmao

Wild Card

Oct 26, 2017
I see that the supers are still as lackluster as they were in 7, I'd given the benefit of the doubt as they were new to Tekken in 7, but now with a sequel I don't know what to think. Everything else is just not really exciting me tbh, I'll jump on the bandwagon and say that Nina's design is kinda whatever, like she's just cool lady, not much to read into.

Feb 15, 2019
Link to japanese language trailer?

Characters are voiced in their native language for all versions of the game. So Nina has the same voice in the Japanese version. Unless you were asking because the Japanese trailer potentially had extra content or something, but the "language" part in your question made me assume it's not that.

Rolento

Oct 25, 2017
What I'm going to guess is that all characters now have a "weapon" of some sort since Jack and Law seem to have one as well.

Also, wasn't expecting a Death by Degrees reference in this game.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Eh, don't really like the outfit or the hair. It does make her look more like wannabe Ada Wong or something that Anna would go with instead, yeah.
Maybe Mary Elizabeth McGlynn?
Either her or Laura Post, who sounds similar.
I only played until season 1 so I'm not sure what changes they made but I remember stuff like reversal edge was pretty damn divisive. And they nerfed the movement too IIRC.
Meter management got plenty of complaints from a vocal minority, with Reversal Edge being more universally reviled. I heard no complaints or details regarding movement nerfs for anything other than T7. And only SCV nearly killed the franchise, SCVI fixed everything that game broke (though it also required a soft reboot establishing a completely new continuity toward that end) and exceeded commercial expectations even with remaining in Tekken's shadow.

Either way, SCVI is regarded highly among people who actually play Soul Calibur, and was never comparable to SFV's reception at any point.

Last edited: