tapedeck

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah I think there's just too much going on with these characters default outfits…which is kinda just par for the course in Tekken now. Thankfully her classic outfits will no doubt be in, overall I think the visuals are really nice, but certainly nothing mind blowing.

The new gameplay features showcase I think you can really see the jump from Tekken 7..despite how fucking dumb Paul looks.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FoOWs4yagAAWQkq

I dunno... Looks like three different outfits mashed together (and not even necessarily her past three outfits)

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
Wow... the gun emphasis is incredibly stupid. I dig the design, but everything else is not looking so hot. I'm not so sure about how this Tekken game is coming together...

Scrappy-Fan92

Jan 14, 2021
A lot of people haven't played Tekken 7 in a hot minute it seems.

Game looks way better.
Seriously. Can't wait for the Mortal Kombat 12 comments: "This looks no better than Injustice 2 during pre-release."

I generally like Nina's new design. It's at least more interesting than the catsuit she had in Blood Vengeance or the last game's story mode. It feels like her purple costumes, the dress she wore in Tekken 2's console intro, and the aforementioned catsuit got tossed into a blender, leading to this. I wonder when we'll get the full-body render.

Oct 27, 2017
I am glad they are making what actually feels like a sequel. As opposed to something like Tekken 7, which is just Tekken 6.5 in terms of the gameplay changes (and even visuals). People (including me) complained heavily when Tekken 7 was revealed and everyone was wearing the same default costume they've worn since Tekken 5. It is nice that they are re-designing all the characters and have a ton of new animations. The gameplay looks more fast paced and aggressive, which I love. Tekken 7 was boring to me. Tekken 8 looks so FRESH! Definitely a Day 1 buy for me.

bdbdbd

Oct 27, 2017
Normally I'd just handwave stuff like this, but that outfit is just so oddly, incongruously put together. I feel like someone in the engineering group really wanted to flaunt their clothing physics, so we got super long tassels of all things on an evening dress. Then someone on the team realized how sexist it was to have put her in a dress two sizes too small for her frame, so they decided to give her the leather jacket to give her some modesty, but didn't really think about how she was going to put that on over her wrist guards/bracers. Finally, sunglasses at night because, reasons.

Yappa

Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg/Germany
Characters are voiced in their native language for all versions of the game. So Nina has the same voice in the Japanese version. Unless you were asking because the Japanese trailer potentially had extra content or something, but the "language" part in your question made me assume it's not that.
Oh, I see. Is that the default option that can be changed or is it not possible to switch the voices for all of them to english or japanese?

LD50

Banned
May 11, 2022
That thumbnail made her look way too young. I enjoy the maturity her gameplay model evokes.

Oct 27, 2017
I don't mind it just hard to feel excited about it.

Yoshi's design will make or break it for me. I have no expectations as long as he isn't a hentai joke for Leo again. I prefer a bit of humanity to come across in the design too. T3's alien-esque armor looked like armor. T7's, while tolerable, irks me for being so form fitting it comes across as being an actual alien which would be a poor reading of the character.

Edit: the gameplay I'm actually mildly excited for. Again, hoping the story has a way to squeeze in everyone otherwise why bother? Who the hell invited the scrubs if they have nothing to do with the story, writers?

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, I see. Is that the default option that can be changed or is it not possible to switch the voices for all of them to english or japanese?
It's a thing that modern Tekken does in having everyone speak a specific language across all versions, not restricted to only English or Japanese either. No voice settings.

Feb 15, 2019

None of the voices can be changed, they all speak the language of the country they come from whether that is Polish, English, Japanese, Italian, Portuguese, Arabic, French, German, whatever else you can think of. It's one of the things I've always loved the most about the franchise.

BloodHound

Oct 27, 2017
Drive, Heat, Roman Cancel.

Can't wait to see what aggressive ass mechanic MK12 brings to the table.

dmr87

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
Prefer longer hair but Nina is Nina. I'm sure there will be other skins and outfits so it's fine either way.

Excited for the game, shame it's going to be a while.

rntongo

Banned
Jan 6, 2020
Tekken 8 looks okay. Going to play the hell out of it though. Otherwise am I the only one that finds Nina's outfit good?

ThatMeanScene

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL

Callibretto

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
My thoughts on this is that Tekken 8's character models have the fidelity people are used to seeing in modern games so they think Tekken 7 looked like that even though Tekken 7 looked worse (and some models in T7 look *way* better than others). At the end of the day Tekken 8's character models do not really impress some folks.
I think its more that Tekken 8 ingame looks not that different from Tekken 7 cg/promo shot, also even though Tekken 7 ingame model is not as good as their cg model, most of the time when playing fighting game, the camera is zoomed out pretty far so you don't really see the detail anyway.

Yappa

Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg/Germany
It's a thing that modern Tekken does in having everyone speak a specific language across all versions, not restricted to only English or Japanese either. No voice settings.

None of the voices can be changed, they all speak the language of the country they come from whether that is Polish, English, Japanese, Italian, Portuguese, Arabic, French, German, whatever else you can think of. It's one of the things I've always loved the most about the franchise.
Yeah, got it. Must have confused it with SF where you can choose between english and japanese (no native language though) on a per-character basis.

crimsonECHIDNA

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Gatorland
Man it feels with weapons getting incorporated into Tekken that really is the final nail for Soul Calibur. lol

I mean, it already was before when the man responsible for pushing 6 no longer with Bandai Namco, but still.

empurror

Feb 9, 2022
gah damn she looks awesome. love that she has guns now. i'm gonna throw her into the rotation fersher

Jun 25, 2022
It is not new. You got characters using swords and chainsaws so it is not out of the ordinary for Tekken.
Previously they were limited to item moves and guest characters like Negan and Noctis but I guess it's part of Tekken now. Alisa was the exception.

Leroy has one move which uses his cane. Ironically it used to be extremely plus on block on release and was eventually nerfed along with Leroy over the course of 4-5 patches.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
It's interesting to note the reception on the youtube video is absolutely glowing but here there doesn't seem to be a lot of positivity. It's not just here though, Reddit comments are saying mostly the same things as ERA: "Everything is too shiny" or "Tekken needs a reset". It's just interesting to see the difference in opinion across different gaming communities.

I wonder how a developer takes in feedback? Like, who do they prioritize? Series vets? Newcomers? Youtubers, tweeters, redditors? Like, who do they listen to?

Sep 20, 2022
Previously they were limited to item moves and guest characters like Negan and Noctis but I guess it's part of Tekken now. Alisa was the exception.

Leroy has one move which uses his cane. Ironically it used to be extremely plus on block on release and was eventually nerfed along with Leroy over the course of 4-5 patches.

Yoshimitsu? Kunimitsu? Raven? Alisa?

Mopr3me

Banned
Jan 10, 2022
The more I see of Tekken 8 the less I'm liking it and also the more it grows apart from the initial trailer. This is so all over the place. The visuals are also unappealing to me for some reason.