excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017

She's had her reputation dragged through the mud countless times, not to mention the whole attempt to attach her to white supremacy. People aggressively demanded she speak out politically. Well y'all got your wish.

Taylor Swift fucking rules.

Watching the who's who of dipshit white supremacists calling her to stick to singing like the children they are is delightful.

sweetie

Alt account
Banned
May 19, 2020
While she definitely got dragged far more than deserved, the overhyping of white people who call out racism is also unnecessary. She stayed silent in 2016, and got dragged for it. We shouldn't bow down because she tweeted this.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
The title seems excessive, but good on her for using her platform and fame to keep pressure on this horrific wannabe tyrant.
While she definitely got dragged far more than deserved, the overhyping of white people who call out racism is also unnecessary. She stayed silent in 2016, and got dragged for it. We shouldn't bow down because she tweeted this.
Exactly.

TitlePending

The Fallen
Dec 26, 2018

No, but the silence must end at some point so better now than never.

Soda

Oct 26, 2017
Dunedin, New Zealand

I think there's a middle ground; we don't have to gravel or applaud, but we can acknowledge the effort. She was absolutely silent when it may have mattered most, but she has clearly shown a willingness to reflect on her previous inaction and make a strong statement. That's going a lot further than most celebrities.

Scuffed

Oct 28, 2017
That's a strong ass tweet! Something that sharp towards Trump is always a good thing.

finalflame

Product Management
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I thought she had already denounced him? The impression I got from somewhat second-hand watching her documentary was that she has always been somewhat vocally against him despite "advice" from her father and management to not speak out. She made an IG post about it, I think, some time ago.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
First Twitter, then Obama, now Taylor Swift... Looks like people are finally waking up in this country, after 4 years. Took long enough

King Kingo

Banned
Dec 3, 2019
I just hope this tweet encourages more younger voters to vote in the upcoming elections. There's no denying her social influence.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah she's gone after him before and was active in 2018.

Haters gonna hate hate hate.

Tremagus

Oct 25, 2017
El Paso
I don't know much at all about her being silent back in 2016 but people grow, things change, and I'm just happy to see her taking the right stance now since she is looked up to by many young white women and especially given her country roots perhaps those in the south as well. So I see this as a positive

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
Look, I'll take any and all people able to influence enough younger people to actually move their ass come November.

DeltaRed

Apr 27, 2018
Good on her.

He's still getting reelected though thanks to that backwards election system.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not in the business of praising white celebs for having a common sense chip in their brain but girl I guess.

OP
OP
excelsiorlef

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
Didn't she do a voter drive in 2018? This isn't new excelsiorlef

Never said it was new but out right calling his shit white supremacy which a lot of celebs don't even do is pretty sweet, and fuck it I genuinely adore her and I'm just enjoying how unshy she's become, and I really do think she experiences a ridiculous amount of sexism and expectations that aren't placed on other celebs, especially male ones. So this shit rules.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I thought we already forgave her when she put in work trying to help with the election in Tennessee.

Deleted member 4461

User Requested Account Deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
On one hand, yay

On the other, Trump has really fucked up so badly that it's politically inconvenient NOT to call him out

C.Mongler

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Washington, DC
Who fucking cares?

She sat on the sidelines for years until it became more-or-less uncontroversial to say shit like this.

Like I'm glad she spoke up, sure, but I'm not going to give her a tiara and scream YAAAS QUEEN for doing the bare minimum when it was convenient for her. And I'm sure as shit not going to issue an apology.

What a tone deaf thread, honestly.

tycoonheart

Oct 25, 2017
I watched her Netflix documentary and there is a behind the scenes video of her finally saying something back in 2018 regarding supporting the Democratic candidates who were running in Tennessee. Even that was such a big deal to her as she, and her entire team, seemed super hesitant to make public statements regarding 'politics'. It shouldn't be such a big deal to say or support the right thing. So she doesn't get a cookie from me for saying this.

OP
OP
excelsiorlef

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
That's awful. What was her response?

She basically ignored it and treated it as the bullshit insinuation it was , which was used against her... because apparently her, and really only her, had some responsibility that wasn't put on basically any other celebs to become this outspoken political person.

But now she's gone and done that too.

Honestly this shit
Pop-Era going overboard on the titles as usual lmao
I don't think I've ever posted in Pop-Era.... I just like fun titles.

Oct 27, 2017
Mr. Trump, don't step on my gown. You need to calm down.

I don't like but I don't hate Taylor. I just think OP is overblowing the importance of her tweet right now. It's not about her.