• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
And Xbox players have been left out once again...

Square be like

FZTITzIXEAEndiL.jpg

tinthoh

Jan 13, 2018
I've never played the original so I'm really looking forward to it, but kinda sad seeing how they "smoothed" the characters. I wish they used the style of Triangle Strategy and Octopath.
FZTILWTXEAMxhGQ

StevePharma

Oct 27, 2017
The Netherlands
Preorder from Squeenix secured, got to have that Steelbook !

Square on point this year with the Steelbooks that are not exclusive to 200 dollar Collector's Editions.

Been so long since I played this that it will feel as new.

Last edited:

Alpheus

Oct 25, 2017
Watching it again, Denam sounds alright, not exactly what I expected but I'm very interested in seeing the VA's performance as Denam's arc is a whole ass thing lol. I await to hear how my hawkman husbando's VA fares but I'm looking forward to it.

Valcrist

Tic-Tac-Toe Champion
Oct 25, 2017
Preorder from Squeenix secured, got to have that Steelbook !

Square on point this year with the Steelbooks that are not exclusive to 200 dollar Collector's Editions.

Been so long since I played this that it will feel als new.
are you sure the steelbook is a real thing, I don't see one anywhere

Pundere

Oct 30, 2017
I've always been interested in this game, but man $50 is a lot to ask for a psp remaster. I'll wait til it hits a more reasonable price.

Gacha Santa Alter

"This guy are sick"
Feb 9, 2019
Gacha Hell
This is my favorite PSP game ever and I'll gladly double dip... if you can turn off that bloody pixel smoothing filter. Why do devs submit their pixel games to such torture is beyond me.

Ombala

Oct 30, 2017
The smoothing just looks awful too me.
The new Octapath cacha looks better even.
Hope it's a filter we can turn of.

lucancel

Oct 30, 2017
Italy
No new plot content. Skipping It as i already played It with PSP.
Hoping for something new from matsuno meanwhile

double_heist

Nov 19, 2019
Getting this for the PS5.

And Xbox players have been left out once again...
Still happy it's real, will probably buy on sale, too many RPG lately, can't keep up.

I mean that shouldn't be surprising. If you're looking for non-FF/DQ/KH SE titles, Xbox is the wrong platform to look at (look at how it went back in the 360 days).

wrowa

Oct 25, 2017
I was fine with the smoothed sprites when I thought this was gonna be a 30€ release, but I frankly expect better from the price tag they're going for.

Pat_DC

Oct 27, 2017
Pretty awesome to see this officially announced but the smoothing is a bit full on, hopefully there is an option to turn that off.
Also $69 ausd is asking a lot.

Will never happen but if they did this for Vagrant Story I'd be there day one with no hesitations, price be damned.

Jubern

Oct 25, 2017
Just watched the trailer, they've recasted the JP voices. I guess it was obvious as I'm not sure Nozomu Sasaki and especially Yumi Toma fit the bill anymore for Denam and Kachua.
I recognize the new voice for Denam but can't quite put a name on it.

TFJ

Aug 9, 2019
I like how in the trailer it's specifically mentioned this is chapter VII of the Ogre Battle Saga. Seems somebody at Square Enix remembers.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
Just saw this pop up on Youtube, and it's just as a feared. Yet another bare minimum port, that is actually pretty pointless for those with access to the PSP version, and an OK PC. How to make old sprites look "good" on modern screens? Smear them!

I've never played the original so I'm really looking forward to it, but kinda sad seeing how they "smoothed" the characters. I wish they used the style of Triangle Strategy and Octopath.

I absolutely hate this filter. But I also don't think Octopath/Triangle sprites look the best either. If you sit far enough away, both look about the same in terms of acceptability to me though. I fully expect FFT to get this same shit treatment too.

Valcrist

Tic-Tac-Toe Champion
Oct 25, 2017
It was in my order too when I got to the checkout - I didn't see it before that - it was a nice surprise!
Ahh.. I guess US doesn't get a steelbook. :(
Just saw this pop up on Youtube, and it's just as a feared. Yet another bare minimum port, that is actually pretty pointless for those with access to the PSP version, and an OK PC. How to make old sprites look "good" on modern screens? Smear them!
I mean VA and redone music isn't exactly bare minimum. This is from a post Dreamboum made:
tofullblownnjjsa.gif

Qasiel

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Didn't get round to playing the original but I've really enjoyed tactics games since picking up FFTA so I'm looking forward to finally getting round to this one.

giapel

Oct 28, 2017
Oh look. If you don't only focus on massive AAAA productions you can release games people want more often. Now apply this to other genres please.

Izanagi89

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017

I absolutely hate this filter. But I also don't think Octopath/Triangle sprites look the best either. If you sit far enough away, both look about the same in terms of acceptability to me though. I fully expect FFT to get this same shit treatment too.

Full voice acting, re-recorded Live OST, rework to game mechanics and UI is not what I would call bare minimum.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
Ahh.. I guess US doesn't get a steelbook. :(

I mean VA and redone music isn't exactly bare minimum. This is from a post Dreamboum made:
tofullblownnjjsa.gif

Like I said, the PSP version and an OK PC...
It looks way better emulated than the above PSP comparison. You can even smear it to hell there too if you really want to as well.

Alpheus

Oct 25, 2017
I like how in the trailer it's specifically mentioned this is chapter VII of the Ogre Battle Saga. Seems somebody at Square Enix remembers.
I also liked the artwork shown during that moment is very reminiscent of the Knight of Lodis lore mural artwork. Glad they kept that style (though im not sure if if originated in Knight of Lodis, but was glad to see its vibes get re-used in some XIV scenes and now this trailer).

edit: Vyce's VA being Bartz's VA is hilariously awesome given Vyce's personality LOL

W.S.

Honest Work
Oct 28, 2017
Getting this for the PS5.

I mean that shouldn't be surprising. If you're looking for non-FF/DQ/KH SE titles, Xbox is the wrong platform to look at (look at how it went back in the 360 days).

Xbox got the Chrono Cross remaster and will be getting Diofield & Star Ocean which were non FF/DQ/KH titles. It's SE doing the random dartboard thing Atlus has been doing but with Xbox.

Viken

Teyvat Traveler
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Not sure if I should buy all these square releases, I'll end up just shut in playing them.