Oct 25, 2017
I'm absolutely pre-ordering this for my Switch OLED. Been praying and hoping for a few weeks now that this would be on the Switch and not just a PlayStation exclusive! Hopefully the same carries over to the yet-to-be-announced Final Fantasy Tactics Remaster too.

Also, S-E would be crazy not to release the new live orchestra soundtrack for this, right?

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
a443fdfa-741a-49c1-aeb7-5a1f3675989e_text.gif

Day one

MarcelloF

"This guy are sick"
Dec 9, 2020
50€, really? 😬 Sorry, with it coming days after Ragnarok, this may have to wait.

duckroll

Oct 25, 2017
Singapore
It's $50 on eShop. A little too much for a remaster, isn't it?
It's not really a "remaster" so to speak. The stuff under the hood is completely redone - class progression works differently, entire game is rebalanced from scratch, AI routines are redesigned. Visually it looks close to the PSP version but in HD. UI is completely redone.

kenta

Oct 25, 2017
How can SE simultaneously be leaning so hard into crisp sprites with HD-2D releases and pixel remasters… while also turning out smudgy filtery looking stuff like this? Do we know if that can at least be turned off?

Gala

Oct 25, 2017
That price point and the ugly ass filter they put over the graphics are a huge turn off for me. Wait for sale.

Alpheus

Oct 25, 2017
New music sounds good. One of the characters speaking sounds WAY younger than I thought he would. So the voices will take some getting used to. Hope they nail Lanselot

NioA

Dec 16, 2019
50€ is a bit too much, I was expecting something in the range of 20-30€ like the SaGa remasters or something. Too bad, it will have to wait

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
I last played it on PSP so probably a decade ago. I can't remember a thing about it but I think that's partly down to me playing through that, FFT and Jeanne D'arc back-to-back :D
lol I did the same thing, I was on a binge of tactics game that started with FFT. I ended up getting my fill for a time after running into Disgaea

Mikch85

May 12, 2018
Is it FIGS localized? That's very important for this game (otherwise you really need to be 100% english/japanese fluent.)
Anyway, this is a day one buy for me.

Gure

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Finally, official confirmation. This will probably be the one and only game that I'll buy in 2022. I almost don't remember the original version. It was so long, ago. This will be a treat for me.

Last edited:

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Tbh though, I thought they were going to make a bigger deal of this or announce something else alongside it to explain why they sat on it so long.

Jubern

Oct 25, 2017
Switch version, yay!

This year is turnout out to be the one I've played the Switch the most between Pokémon Arceus, Live A Live, currently Xenoblade 3 and this in November.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Hell yeah, have pretty high hopes for this. Now I just gotta decide if I want to play it on PC or on the Switch...

Toño

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Spain
Finally, official confirmation. This will probably be the one and only game that I'll buy on 2022. I almost don't remember the original version. It was so long, ago. This will be a treat for me.
Seems so, the spanish website also mentions the first time localization to spanish (at least, castilian spanish)
- Escenas con voces en inglés y japonés, así como una banda sonora orquestada y grabada en directo para la ocasión, que junto a la traducción por primera vez al castellano permiten meterse más de lleno en un drama al que dan forma multitud de personajes con ideales bien diferenciados entre sí.

xyla

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Uff 50 Euro is quite a bit for a Remaster of a PSP remaster of a PS1 game.

Will there be a physical edition? Then I might buy on Switch at some point - digital only probably Steam at some point.