Do You Plan of Getting Dark Souls on Switch?

• Yup! I’m still getting it! Bed Souls!

• I’m going to wait for a sale now....

• I was interested, but I have too many other games to play on Switch

• I already played it on PS4, XBO, or PC. I’m not getting it.

• I’m not interested in Dark Souls

Results are only viewable after voting.

Buzzth

Jan 15, 2018
Japan
I really wonder what kind of development trouble caused such a significant delay to the version that was announced first, but yes I do plan to pick it up. I played Dark Souls through the bad PC port so I didn't get a chance to truly enjoy it. I feel this is my chance to get in and play it on the go.

Gobias-Ind

Nov 22, 2017
Was going to be my first Souls game before the delay, but now there's a decent amount of stuff coming this summer that I want to sink my teeth into (Tennis, Octopath, Wolfenstein just off the top of my head) so I don't think I can justify throwing $60 on such an old game. This is prime "pick it up when you're bored on a weekend and it's on sale on the eShop" material.

Gonzalez

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's Dark Souls with a lower frame rate, and worse controls. Having it handheld is neat, but ultimately pointless with joy-con controls. You can play it docked with the pro controller, but again it's 30fps. You might as well play it on PS4, or Xbox with 60fps, and with two of the best controls for consoles.

Zoid

Oct 27, 2017
I got my fill with the PC version. If they ever port DS3, I'll be there day 1.

PetrCobra

Oct 27, 2017
I want this too...Since it's delayed, may as well give increased incentive for people to purchase it.
You mean flat out announcing that the game will now release as a bundle with the sequels on Switch? Yeah, don't think that's possible, but if they did it, I'd probably just buy it day one no matter what :-). Still seems to me that it makes no sense from the business perspective, other than maybe earning major goodwill among Switch fans if they have big plans with the console for some reason.

Hydes

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
You mean flat out announcing that the game will now release as a bundle with the sequels on Switch? Yeah, don't think that's possible, but if they did it, I'd probably just buy it day one no matter what :-). Still seems to me that it makes no sense from the business perspective, other than maybe earning major goodwill among Switch fans if they have big plans with the console for some reason.
I mean they said they had DSIII running on the devkit.

mindsale

Oct 29, 2017
Just replayed it on PS4 and I really think it's the weakest of DeDa1-3BB. Not buying it again.

Okii

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No if I was gonna get it I would just buy the upgraded PC version for $20 but mostly because I don't feel like play Dark Souls again, I still haven't even started DS3 yet.

Davoid

Jun 15, 2018
I've bought this game like, 5 times.... what's 1 more. : / I was waiting on the switch version, ended up getting remastered on PC anyhow. Finished it a few times, but Dark Souls was my dream game when the switch was revealed.

Kirbivore

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Was going to be my first Souls game before the delay, but now there's a decent amount of stuff coming this summer that I want to sink my teeth into (Tennis, Octopath, Wolfenstein just off the top of my head) so I don't think I can justify throwing $60 on such an old game. This is prime "pick it up when you're bored on a weekend and it's on sale on the eShop" material.

It was 40.

Anyway it depends on if its released before the end of of august. If it fails to meet that then no.

Vinnk

Oct 26, 2017
Japan
Had it preordered but the delay killed my hype. And now I have too many other things to play. Might get still get it, but it went from a must buy to a maybe.

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Had it preordered but the delay killed my hype. And now I have too many other things to play. Might get still get it, but it went from a must buy to a maybe.

This. Considering getting rid of my pre-order.
I'll still get the Solaire amiibo though.

Meatfist

Oct 25, 2017
nah. I probably would have if it wasn't delayed, but I've already played the shit out of the PS4 version (in glorious 4K/60)

That Solaire amiibo will be MINE, though

SiG

Oct 25, 2017
I have it already preordered from Best Buy, and considering what they did to their Gamers Club program, I'm not confident at all at cancelling my proorder. Plus I want to take Dark Souls anywhere I go, so I'm still waiting for the release date.

Calamari41

Oct 25, 2017
I would have bought it day one if it hadn't been delayed, but now there will be too many other actually new games to play, so I'll be waiting for a random sale to pick it up.

TheBuschMan94

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Of course with dark souls 1 being the pinnacle of soulsborne games, and my 2nd fav game all time. Its a no brainer.

ngower

Nov 20, 2017
Not sure.

By the time it comes out I may have moved on to other things. It fit very nicely into a gap where nothing I was Interested in was out but with the indefinite delay I'll likely just wait for it to drop to $20 or so.

giallo

Oct 27, 2017
Seoul
I was going to get it on release day, but it was delayed, so I ended up with the PS4 version instead. I've gotta be honest, after this playthrough, I'm going to be pretty tired of ol' DS1. If I do end up getting it on the Switch, it'll be because of a deep, deep sale. That, and going back to 30fps is going to be rough.

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Never played the game before so for $40 it's a hell yes, as long as the port isn't garbage.

Could play on PS4 but the novelty of Switch is too strong.

DPT120

Oct 27, 2017
Yep, I'll be buying it. It's my first time playing DS and playing on the game on the Switch sounds pretty appealing. I would play it on PS4 but I currently have way too many games on my list to play.

Oscarzx n

May 24, 2018
Santiago, Chile
There are too many games coing out now on the Switch that I want to try more than Dark Souls, Crash, Wolfenstein, YS, SNK Heroines or Wasteland 2. Definitely later, but not now.

BraXzy

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
I'm pretty torn because I never played it when it released, I've since completed DS3 and BB. So I kinda want to go back to the game, and what better way than on my Switch which I tend to play on my lunch break at work. So it'd be a nice meaty game to last me awhile. But then... I already own it on PC sitting there... hmm.

Mido

Oct 27, 2017
I've never been into the series, so no. Demon's Souls looked like the best one to me.

DarkPrince

Dec 2, 2017
Yup, I've played it enough times and across multiple platforms to happily wait for the Switch release to drop, no rush for me.

texhnolyze

Shinra Employee
Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
I already played the original on PC. I planned to get the remaster but I changed my mind in the last seconds.

I don't use my Switch as a portable system so there's zero reason for me to get the Switch version.

fourfourfun

Oct 27, 2017
England
Eventually. I always planned on eventually anyway. I've completed Dark Souls once and I'd like to play some other titles first. I still have a bit of fatigue from grinding moonlight forest areas!

massoluk

Oct 25, 2017
Thailand
I have it already for PC and Bloodbourne on PS4 and I just couldn't get into them there. So I'm not getting it....So a bit of 4 and a bit of 5 there

OP
OP
Lozjam

Lozjam

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
With the recent news, of there being no news, I have found my interest waning even more, so I don't think I will even bother with a sale: So, I would be interested if people changed their vote due to this inane lack of information. Namco and From Software really messed this one up. The fact that we only have, like, 1 and a half months of summer left, and still have no information is absolutely ridiculous. I am not supporting this incompetence of communication, management, and support. I will maybe, get it used, if I get it at all.

Deleted member 19702

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
How's Bamco/From are handling this is very shady and makes an already questionable delay sounds even more dubious. It's like they're intentionally trying to sabotage the Switch according to their actions and radio silence. It's a shame, really.

Kubricks

Oct 31, 2017
I went from "DAY ONEEEE" to wait and see.
I do very much want it on Switch so I can play it on the go but if Nintendo fails to give me a reason for the delay, I may just skip the game.

Vinnk

Oct 26, 2017
Japan
The lack of communication killed it for me. I keep forgetting about this game all-together. I can't anticipate something with a nebulous release date. And now there are so many other games competing for my money and attention.

Went from "Put it in my veins! Day One!" to "Will pick up from the bargain bins when it bombs". And I bet I'm not the only one.

Oct 25, 2017
People in another thread are asking, "Iconoclasts or Salt and Sanctuary?" and consistently getting the answer that they'll like S&S if they liked Dark Souls, and here I am wondering: Salt and Sanctuary or Dark Souls? If they're reportedly so alike, should I even bother waiting for the latter when S&S is right there and I have a better head for 2D anyway?

Shauni

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
People in another thread are asking, "Iconoclasts or Salt and Sanctuary?" and consistently getting the answer that they'll like S&S if they liked Dark Souls, and here I am wondering: Salt and Sanctuary or Dark Souls? If they're reportedly so alike, should I even bother waiting for the latter when S&S is right there and I have a better head for 2D anyway?

Isn't S&S like a $10 indie game? You might as well just get it lol.

BLLYjoe25

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Never was buying it for Switch. Already played it on PC. The thought of playing Dark Souls with the joy cons at 30fps is enough to give me nightmares. These games desperately need 60fps. Imo they shouldn't even bother if the system can't do 60fps.

UCBooties

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Pennsylvania, USA
Neeeeeeeehhhhhhhh... Maybe? There's a lot of stuff coming out in the next couple of months and at this point I'm more likely to grab the PS4 rerelease just to have the whole series on one system.

energon

Oct 25, 2017
I've got a preorder on the Switch version, but the delay has made my initial interest in it decrease heavily. Gonna move that preorder money to either The World Ends With You or Taiko no Tatsujin instead, as I'd rather buy those instead of Dark Souls.

Deleted member 42221

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 16, 2018
Hollow Knight gave me the Switch difficult combat exploration lore-heavy port I wanted several months ago. Dark Souls had a shot, and then they missed it.