Do You Plan of Getting Dark Souls on Switch?

• Yup! I’m still getting it! Bed Souls!

• I’m going to wait for a sale now....

• I was interested, but I have too many other games to play on Switch

• I already played it on PS4, XBO, or PC. I’m not getting it.

• I’m not interested in Dark Souls

Results are only viewable after voting.

Deleted member 12833

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nah, was going to get both PS4 and Switch versions but think I'll just stick to the PS4 version. Fantastic game but the replay value for me is on the online which hasn't aged well

Deleted member 9197

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
You know, I was so pumped for DS on the Switch, and I want to support both the developer and the platform, but they delay may have killed it for me. I went ahead and picked it up on PS4 because I wanted to play it during my summer break, but depending on how things shake out with the Switch release, who knows... I don't know that the urge to replay again will be there when the Switch version makes it out, but I may pick it up anyway just to have around.

Mistouze

Oct 26, 2017
If the port is decent I'll get it. Did jump on the DS remastered train yet (currently playing DS3 for the first time), I'm fine with the wait.

OP
OP
Lozjam

Lozjam

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
There was a time where Dark Souls Switch was my most anticipated game. Playing one of my favourite games of all time on a handheld? Heck yeah. The delay has unfortunately killed a lot of my buzz to the point where I didn't even notice other versions launch. I'll of course get it but I'm not as excited as I was last month.
It's a shame too, as it was a super exiting announcement, making Switch owners feel like third parties have changed, and are putting games on the platform, no fuss at all. Then it turned out, they did the same thing a lot of other third parties too. I think I would rather give my money to developers with timely and exclusive games, like Square and Sebastian.

Kyzon Xin

Oct 25, 2017
Nope. At this point I'll be playing something else when it comes out. The time where I would have played is past.

Oct 30, 2017
no. iv never played dark souls before and i dont ever plan to. iv seen a few gameplay vids, and i just dont get the appeal

I'm in the same boat. The game seems to get such massive praise from hardcore gamers simply because of the difficulty and the frustration. From all gameplay videos I've seen, it's always struck me as a frustrating, awkward, depressing, ugly game. I've never been tempted to play it, and that won't change with a switch remaster. I know that many people love games where they need to die a million times and memorize enemy patterns perfectly in order to progress, it that's never appealed to me, and it looks like the only appeal of this game. Every other aspect looks horrendously outdated.

dreamfall

Oct 25, 2017
Oh absolutely. I think these top tier ports from incredible games are things that I've dreamed of in a portable fashion. Skyrim, L.A. Noire, DOOM, and now Dark Souls. I played all these games over and over, it'll be a ton of fun to have it on the go! Here's hoping performance is absolutely solid.

Majora's Mask

Oct 26, 2017
Yes. I was already sure I was going to get it on Switch before the delay, and even after seeing the PS4/XBO versions I am not impressed with the work done to the textures and overall graphics of the game. Portable souls is where is at.

Starphanluke

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 15, 2017
I don't own a PS4 or XBO so that's a yes from me. Excited to finally try out the series.

Actually, speaking of which, do we have a new date for it yet?

Deleted member 9197

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Any specific reason why the game has been delayed? I mean, the Switch shouldn't have any issues running a game from the Sixth Console Generation?

I've heard a lot of people speculate that it's due to online issues, but who knows... I can never get a good grasp of what it takes to get certain games running on certain consoles (why, for instance, NES games have lag issues on 2018 ports--lookin' at you, Mega Man), but I'm definitely disappointed and baffled.

Tebunker

Oct 25, 2017
Any specific reason why the game has been delayed? I mean, the Switch shouldn't have any issues running a game from the Sixth Console Generation?
No specifics were given but if you read a lot of stories from indies and other devs who submit for certification with Nintendo there have been times when Nintendo catches things the dev didn't.

Or take in to account the timing of the announcement, it was right about the time an order for Manufacture of carts would have gone in. Something could have popped up then that pushes back production.

I mean the game had just been shown at a conference andnwas playing fine. I am still willing to bet on either QC lot fail of the carts, which can just ruin a launch because they don't push back all the orders, they usually halt your order and try to slot you in later. Eventhough a cert fail could be possible.

Plenty of other games work fine online the Switch. So I wouldn't out too much stock on that being the issue. I do kind wish they'd have told us.

Top%Rattata

Nov 27, 2017
Chalk me up for "maybe".
I haven't gotten in to any of the Souls games before, and was thinking of jumping in with the Switch version. But there are also a lot of games coming out now, and with only a limited amount of time to game, it'll probably depend on *when* it comes out.
As others have said, May was such a good window for it to come out as it was in an otherwise dry spot. Now it's delayed I may not get it immediately, though I can see myself picking it up eventually.

Deleted member 1635

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Absolutely. The whole reason I wanted it was to have Dark Souls on the go. The Switch version will still be the only one two offer that.

CarthOhNoes

Someone is plagiarizing this post
Oct 25, 2017
Possibly. If Pixelpar's tweets are to be believed it could be scheduled for August and I think I'd rather spend my August money on Monster Hunter Generations.

Deleted member 8166

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
yes, I find the new fires in the other remasters strange and the way metal textures look in the new lightning (if this has been changed for the other consoles with an update, sorry!)
so this will be my dark souls remastered experience.

Jan 10, 2018
Tokyo
Nope. This ship has sailed and I'll be busy playing other games by that time. The original release window was perfect with just DK:TF to compete with my time.

Kwigo

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Dunno if I want to try Soulsborne for the 3rd time just to drop it again after an hour because my time is way too precious for this.

Rmagnus

Oct 28, 2017
Most likely, i skipped the original tho I really doubt I will like it as much as bloodborne.. that game has really skewered expectations.

Lampa

Feb 13, 2018
Any news on the release date?

A few local stores have it listed for August. Specifically 17th or 31st but I can't find any credible information about this.

xeroborn55

Oct 27, 2017
I'm in the same boat. The game seems to get such massive praise from hardcore gamers simply because of the difficulty and the frustration. From all gameplay videos I've seen, it's always struck me as a frustrating, awkward, depressing, ugly game. I've never been tempted to play it, and that won't change with a switch remaster. I know that many people love games where they need to die a million times and memorize enemy patterns perfectly in order to progress, it that's never appealed to me, and it looks like the only appeal of this game. Every other aspect looks horrendously outdated.
I'm almost done with the remaster on PS4, my first time through the game. It is sometimes frustrating, awkward, depressing and ugly. Much more often it is rewarding, beautiful, and the combat/exploration is extremely deep and satisfying. Some of the game's areas are better than others but it remains nothing less than a masterpiece. My biggest complaint would be just how obtuse it is. The game just does not bother to explain itself. Which makes it interesting as you unravel the puzzle, but can be offputting from time to time.

For example, my character is partially a pyromancer. One time i returned to my home base and talked to the pyro trainer there. He asked me a question and I quickly answered, not knowing that this answer would lead to the trainer becoming hostile and leaving the home base. There are other ways to train, but this was still unfortunate.

Deleted member 19024

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nope...also was going to get Switch and PS4, but after being knee-deep into it on PS4 and realizing I'd never want to play thru the early stuff again, I can't imagine I'd buy it on Switch. We'll see what happens when it comes out. Souls games are always tough on my patience while playing them and then once I'm done, I tend to look back on them with rose colored glasses.

SothisKrieg

Oct 25, 2017
If overall performances are good then yes. I've enjoyed Bloodborne but never played a dark souls game.

I tend to play mostly handheld lately so i think it makes sense. ( And the game is 30 euros or something i see).

Luchashaq

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
No, I hav less than zero interest in paying full price for a port of a game I played ages ago. I'd consider it for like 5-10$ tops.

AlsoZ

Oct 29, 2017
Look, it's like this.
I'm not someone who generally sticks around for difficult, frustrating games. I've dropped plenty of them even though I paid for them. I generally hover around easy and normal difficulty for most games because I don't like pointless struggle for the sake of pointless struggle.

But somehow, I've finished every Souls game (and Bloodborne) except Demon's Souls. Because they just kept pulling me back in. It's hard to put into words what makes it different, but you should give the series a chance.

norealmx

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle, WA
Reading through that thread about crappy boss fights, I may skip this after all.
I had the suspicious these games were artificially, "edgy" hard and that thread confirmed that.

What-ok

Dec 13, 2017
PDX OR
Getting the switch version for portability. Currently playing it on PS4 and loving it even though the community seems to be falling off already. Haven't been able to summon anyone once I got halfway into NG+

Aesnath

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah...I may hold off. But it is more due to hollow knight coming out last week and my gaming time being eaten up by it than anything else. Sure, if it had come out a bit earlier, that wouldn't have been a problem, but whatever.

oreomunsta

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
But somehow, I've finished every Souls game (and Bloodborne) except Demon's Souls. Because they just kept pulling me back in. It's hard to put into words what makes it different, but you should give the series a chance.

I think the best way to describe it is that Souls games are like excellent puzzle games, at their core. Just like an excellent puzzle, you can tackle these things all you want and experience severe frustration when one's attempts aren't working, but it's not until you start to understand the language of the puzzle that you can really progress.

In Souls, when you hit that point of understanding for the first time, of how to read the enemies and react accordingly, it's a sublime sensation, just like solving a great puzzle :)

Ouroboros

Oct 27, 2017
United States
Waiting for a sale. I just picked up Hollow Knight and I still have to clean up FE Warriors. Then Smash and Kingdom Hearts will take up my life in winter.

HyGogg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Had it launched in late May like it was slated to, it would have been 100%. Now it really depends on how bored/caught up I am.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not so sure. Although the delay hadn't had much impact on my uncertainty. It's just not as much of a 'remaster' as I'd have liked. There are plenty of other QoL improvements, or rough areas that needed attention. I've already played the original so much, and this really isn't all too different, so idk. Probably get it later if I see it on sale.

LightEntite

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
no

there's no reason for me to even consider it anymore

it's going to be better on literally every other platform, and Dark Souls isn't the kind of game I care to play "on the go" anyway