• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Who is the most manly man in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate?

• Snake

Votes: 176 20.4%
  • Simon Belmont

Votes: 176 20.4%
  • Captain Falcon

Votes: 328 38.0%
  • Ryu

Votes: 69 8.0%
  • Ike

Votes: 114 13.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Strat

Apr 8, 2018
okay, okay! I'm going now.

PSST CHIBI ROBO ISNT GOING TO BE IN SMASH BROS!

NaLX3v2.gif
You're not wrong and I have nothing to say to combat your stance. :'(

woopWOOP

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Incineroar breaking chairs over peoples' heads as smash attack would instantly sell me on the character

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
You guys are little too sure on a character with no evidence of being in the game, Sakurai has other choices besides incineroar

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
All I know about #FE is that a bunch of people got mad that the main characters weren't underaged and didn't pose in bikinis anymore, to the point where Censored Gaming made the single cringiest video known to man about it.

And that the combat is apparently really good.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
All I know about #FE is that a bunch of people got mad that the main characters weren't underaged and didn't pose in bikinis anymore, to the point where Censored Gaming made the single cringiest video known to man about it.

TMS is legit an excellent RPG. The game doesn't take itself too seriously, the localization is top notch, the FE and SMT fanservice that is in the game is well-placed and inspired, the combat system is a joy, and overall it's a fun time and I will die on the hill proclaiming it as one of the best games people missed out on because it's on the Wii U (even though it also made great use of the GamePad).

Censored Gaming is a fucking trash YouTube channel and the whining over the localization changes made are, well...those people make Barry look good.

chrisPjelly

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
That wasn't a Spirits teaser, it's part of the K. Rool trailer. It was DK watching TV, and was just meant to show that he was one of the few major characters still without his villain in the game.
Maybe I'm assuming too much, but I don't think it's coincidence that immediately followed the blurred menus. We'll see soon I guess

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

It also had some killer J-Pop tunes.

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
for anyone curious
Alolan Exeggutor
Toon Link
Toon Link Mmeory
140 (Music)
Summit
Bowser (intended for today)
143 (intended for friday)
Pikmin Main Theme
Ryu

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
Today's Fighter
#60: Ryu
Ryu is a special character—you can use directional command inputs to trigger his special moves. Executing moves like his Hadoken and Shoryuken using the command inputs from the original game will raise their power. You can even use a Shakunetsu Hadoken by inputting ←↙↓↘→ then tapping the attack button while facing right!

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't take Ryu as today's fighter as a hint for anything. The Smash contents are unlikely to have changed and I highly doubt they planned to post Ryu a whole week later as some sort of deliberate tie-in to that.

Zubz

Oct 25, 2017
no
I had a dream Flygon, my favorite Pokémon, joined the roster. I was rather unimpressed

I'm still holding out for Flygon as a Charizard Echo. Flygon deserves justice after being cheated out of a Mega Evolution.

Primarena is the worst starter evo ever together with ugly pig and ugly witch

This is an objectively awful take. What, do you hate Venusaur, Feraligatr, Sceptile, & Empoleon, too? Besides, I thought we all agreed Torterra was the worst starter?

TriggerShy

Mar 26, 2018
Hey, I just thought of something, if Ryu never turns his back on his opponent in a one on one battle, does that mean Robin's Nosferatu and Shulk's Back Slash can never be their most effective against him?

Deleted member 18807

Don't mean to get all fact-checked here, but I do have some points against Bandanna Waddle Dee, in particular about Kirby representation in general and it's relationship with Sakurai's career. Here's some points for why I think he is unlikely to be a new fighter:

1) His current iteration as a Kirby fourth friend does not match Sakurai's design. Unlike Kirby himself, Metaknight and obviously Dedede, Bandanna Waddle Dee appeared as an enemy in earlier (read: Super Star and GBA) games and his more recent depiction as an ally that was created much after Sakurai quit HAL Labs. People tend to consider Sakurai overzealous over his own OCs specially after Dark Pit got in (which further suggests he may opt for Viridi instead of Medusa as a Palutena Echo), but somehow they forget this entirely when talking about Kirby?

2) Speaking of Sakurai, if he ever holds a grudge after leaving HAL, which I believe he does considering Kirby is still his most popular creation, then he's very likely to ignore everything past Kirby Air Ride, which wouldn't be surprising if we consider pretty much every Kirby stage, fighter and Assist Trophy hails from pre-Crystal Shards era. Not even poor Adeleine was given at least a regular trophy treatment, much less an AT spot. Besides that, stuff like post-KAR music is predictable to exist, and Kirby's and Dedede's new Final Smashes obviously feels needless and just kinda of an advertisement compared to their actual moveset and stage origins.

3) Before the N64, Kirby had several other sidekicks alongside Dedede and Metaknight to serve as actual secondary characters that doesn't feel as "Blue Toad" as Bandanna Waddle Dee does both in our current perspective as well as possibly Sakurai's. Gooey, for instance, is a candidate as he matches the general era Sakurai tends to draw inspiration from, even though Dream Land 2/3 material seems absent from Smash aswell (which further suggests the kind of grudge he holds with how Nintendo handled Kirby sequels).

4) Besides Gooey and actual Player-2 secondary protagonists, there's plenty of known enemies that are much more prominent to Kirby lore as Helpers than Bandanna Dee, including the already-AT Knuckle Joe, but also characters like Blade Knight (as a possible Meta Knight echo), Sir Kibble and Gim. I'm not saying these are more popular than Bandanna Dee, but they match better the (very restrict) source material Sakurai seems to tend to draw inspiration from when adding Kirby content in Smash. If you also consider popular mini-bosses, Bonkers (as a possible Dedede echo), Chef Kawasaki, Paint Roller, Bugzzy and Dyna Blade all seem very doable as heavyweights. Speaking of bosses, I also believe that Lololo and Lalala shpuld get some sort of reference somehow, maybe not necessarily as playable fighters but at least in AT form.

Status
Not open for further replies.