• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Who is the most manly man in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate?

• Snake

Votes: 176 20.4%
  • Simon Belmont

Votes: 176 20.4%
  • Captain Falcon

Votes: 328 38.0%
  • Ryu

Votes: 69 8.0%
  • Ike

Votes: 114 13.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You made it sound like somehow the complaining about K. Rool and Isabelle were equivalent on Era when that obviously isn't the case.

I think they're equivalent in the sense that it's literally just impotent nerd rage before someone gives up and moves on with their day, yeah.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
I've been expecting 7-9 newcomers since E3, so that old Vergeben post doesn't really surprise me. People have been underestimating Sakurai since the "I hope you weren't expecting too many new fighter" line; I remember speculation about there only being 5 newcomers total from a few users on here, which is so funny in retrospect considering we're already there with plenty reveals left.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So roughly 3-4 more newcomers remaining (depending on if he was including Isabelle in that number or not). Seems reasonable.

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Some people just expect the best for some reason, even after Sakurai and insiders like Imran told them not to.

I mean, it's not like people are expecting 50 more characters or something.
So many posts in the past few months have opened with "given the low amount of newcomers", with many people thinking we wouldn't even get any additional characters beyond what we've seen at E3.

And since then we've had an additional 3 unique newcomers and 3 Echoes. That's already the amount of characters a lot of people considered to be crazy, cause after all, Sakurai said not to expect too many newcomers. But there's still clearly at least one more batch of newcomers going to be revealed prior to Smash's launch, and that's not accounting for additional possible reveals for other Directs, for instance at a Pokemon Direct.
Sakurai never said "hey guys we'll only X newcomers, k cya", he never quantified what "too many newcomers" is.

I honestly don't think that the expectation of 3 or so more unique characters beyond what we've gotten so far is being absolutely insane.

ThisIsMyDogKyle

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
What if his 6 characters were not 6 characters but rather 6 more reveals. That could explain why he thought we would get 6 characters.

So
Simon/Richter
K Rool
Isabelle
Elma (Maybe with KOS-MOS as a double trailer)
Gen 7 Pokemon/Incineroar
Dragon Quest

That could fit with Imran's possible tease for Bandai Namco, and Verg thinking we would get 6 characters
This makes a lot of sense, although it doesn't explain how he's so certain about both Ken's inclusion as an echo and, even weirder, the fact that Minecraft will be represented in some form but he has no idea whether it'll be as a stage, assist trophy, or character.

Linkhero1

Oct 25, 2017
Bay Area
A comment he made on Reddit after E3 that implied we would get 6 more character reveals. Keep in mind this was after Inkling and Ridley were revealed so Simon, K Rool, and maybe Isabelle were a part of this.

https://www.eventhubs.com/imagegallery/2018/jun/16/more-characters-super-smash-bros-ultimate/1/
If this did not include Simon, that's K. Rool and Isabelle, which leaves 4 more newcomers.

Newcomers
Incineroar
SE Rep
Bandai Namco Rep
???

Echoes
Ken
Shadow
Dixie
???

That would put us at a total of 9 newcomers and 8 echoes.

Metto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
This makes a lot of sense, although it doesn't explain how he's so certain about both Ken's inclusion as an echo and, even weirder, the fact that Minecraft will be represented in some form but he has no idea whether it'll be as a stage, assist trophy, or character.
My guess is that he got the Ken info relatively recently and Ken probably wouldn't get anything more than a standard Echo reveal anyway. Minecraft is the big question mark. Best we can assume is he somehow knows the full list of companies involved with this and it includes Mojang

FrostyLemon

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I think we are going to get 70 fighters with a few more echoes. It'll probably be Incineroar and a Dragon Quest character. Ken and Shadow are probably locks for echoes. Big Boss makes a lot of sense to me, but probably wont make it in.

DLC will take it up to 75.

Banjo Kazooie will be easier as DLC as Microsoft can take a direct cut of that income.
Doom Slayer, Dante, Sora and Rabbid Peach.

Alexhex

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
At any rate, I'm always okay with dreaming big. Getting 1 or 2 less characters than I'm expecting isn't going to crush me, the game will be out soon enough after we know full roster anyway and we can be stoked for release. Excited speculation is what the hype cycle is sort of about so I don't really understand resigning yourself early.

That being said, if the reveals so far haven't been for you I can empathize with a bit of pessimism. I got my belmonts in all their kinky glory so it's been easy for me to be positive. I just want everyone to be happy and I hope there's room for that left haha

Kirbivore

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
If this did not include Simon, that's K. Rool and Isabelle, which leaves 4 more newcomers.

Newcomers
Incineroar
SE Rep
Bandai Namco Rep
???

Echoes
Ken
Shadow
Dixie
???

That would put us at a total of 9 newcomers and 8 echoes.

The wording is telling me otherwise. He didnt know aby of the outside of simon tells me he is one of those 6

Tathanen

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
What the fuck are you even talking about anymore?

The whole conceit of what you've been spewing is that people who don't want Isabelle are inherently wrong to feel that way. That's fucking stupid. Who fucking cares if they go on a message board to complain about it?

And then you fucking knife your own argument in the back by being a smug fanboy about how stupid Shadow is, and how people who want him are wrong.

Yikes dude, now who's being miserable to talk to?

Read my posts, the only thing I've ever referred to is complaining. "Who is complaining, why are they complaining." Your only retort is "why do people have to be excited?" It's a complete non-sequitur. I did not say you had to be excited, keep your shit together.

And I said people who think Shadow "belongs" are wrong, not that it's wrong to "want him." I was pretty clear about that, Shadow is a Sega character, Isabelle is a hugely popular Nintendo one, which one "belongs" is pretty black and white.

At the risk of condescending again, please actually read what I'm saying.

SieteBlanco

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Why are people still thinking Dixie will be an Echo? I'd say that Sakurai would rather leave her out than making her an Echo.

Metto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I'd look forward to some kind of Pokémon direct tbh
What would there be a Pokemon Direct for? I don't think they'll reveal Gen 8 now for the sake of Let's Go and Let's Go doesn't have anything that needs a Direct for. We already have a good idea what to expect and they can just put out trailers whenever they want.

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
What would there be a Pokemon Direct for? I don't think they'll reveal Gen 8 now for the sake of Let's Go and Let's Go doesn't have anything that needs a Direct for. We already have a good idea what to expect and they can just put out trailers whenever they want.
Let's Go's New Pokemon. A new spinoff. Addition updates for Pokken.

Pokémon directs are usually pretty short

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Dixie as an echo at this stage makes no sense when we just saw a semi-clone character like Isabelle get announced.

Metto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
For Dixie I'm expecting them to do another Echo Fighter segment with Ken and Shadow and then to cap off they'll show off Dixie as a semi clone fighter. Isabelle only got the push she did because she's Isabelle.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Is Dixie Kong the biggest non-Pokémon Nintendo character not officially in the roster?

Coricus

Oct 25, 2017
OK, I don't know what kind of downspiral you all have gotten yourselves into, but I'd like to please, please remind you all of the Smash 4 Gematsu leak for a second.

He had a lot of accurate information. However, it was also incomplete. People got venomous in insisting it WAS complete, that it was the be all end all of the roster. It was not.

I'd like to make a plea to everyone here to please hold your horses in assuming that the number of characters a leaker knows about is the cap on the number of characters in the game. It just results in the Smash fandom acting like a bunch of toxic maniacs and the last time it happened it wasn't even correct. So please settle down.

Kirbivore

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Heres this pokemon in a non pokemon game thst you cant get in our upcoming game! YEEEEAH

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
I don't know why I find Dante such an odd choice.

Because he's CRAZY

UDUNQjK.jpg

Kirbivore

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
OK, I don't know what kind of downspiral you all have gotten yourselves into, but I'd like to please, please remind you all of the Smash 4 Gematsu leak for a second.

He had a lot of accurate information. However, it was also incomplete. People got venomous in insisting it WAS complete, that it was the be all end all of the roster. It was not.

I'd like to make a plea to everyone here to please hold your horses in assuming that the number of characters a leaker knows about is the cap on the number of characters in the game. It just results in the Smash fandom acting like a bunch of toxic maniacs and the last time it happened it wasn't even correct. So please settle down.

Im not sure if this is sound advice when Sakurai told us to Kirb our enthusiasm

Alexhex

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Thing is, if we get two more smash directs, one is going to go into the spirits business, among other things for sure. What sort of material do we have for a second smash focused direct outside of that?

Status
Not open for further replies.