Status
Not open for further replies.

Cybersai

Banned
Jan 8, 2018
Since resetera requires a paid legit e-mail to register, leakers are probably legit here, right? this isn't gamefaqs or 4chan

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
So how on earth did it take until Smash Ultimate to get Lower Norfair/Magmoor into Smash?

It's basically the de-facto lava song for Metroid, and there's an entire lava level...

I think it's the only Samus Returns song in Ultimate, as well?
It's listed as #23 in the direct, and we can see there are 25 Metroid songs. Since they're in chronological order and Samus Returns is the last game in the series, that means it has 2 more at #24 and #25.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Since resetera requires a paid legit e-mail to register, leakers are probably legit here, right? this isn't gamefaqs or 4chan
We've had plenty of people pretend to be insiders. Were you not on Gaf with people like 10K or that one guy in the Wii U speculation topic?

That guy from the Wii U Speculation topic in 2012 I could not stand.

NeonStars

Feb 23, 2018
Let's not forget Nintendo took out Diddy Kong from Mario Kart 8. Nobody is bringing that up. Even in the Deluxe version they didn't bring him back. I thought "ok maybe they're making a new Diddy Kong Racing", but there's no rumor in sight for that.

Anyways, I'll leave the whole Nintendo has some bias against their western developed characters alone.
I mean, Mario Kart 8 had a shitty roster period.

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
barley just PM'd me to tell me they love my posts and I should be the first to know Haruka Amami is indeed coming to Smash.

And with that news, I consider them 100% credible.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
So how on earth did it take until Smash Ultimate to get Lower Norfair/Magmoor into Smash?

It's basically the de-facto lava song for Metroid, and there's an entire lava level...

I think it's the only Samus Returns song in Ultimate, as well?
Someone counted up all of the songs from certain series in Brawl/4 and compared the numbers to the ones we saw in Ultimate. There are (at least) two more Metroid songs, likely from Samus Returns (as they didn't show the songs below the one Samus Returns song we saw in the Direct).

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
I mean, I'd much more easily believe someone saying, "Hey, there's a Wave Race AT in Smash" over Rando Von Leakhausen saying that Geno is playable.

PK Gaming

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Smash Ultimate is awful

It gets you hyped up, and you feel like life's worth living

Then the high dies and you come crashing down and you wonder when the next hit will come

Smash Ultimate is truly awful

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
Oh neat. Hopefully one of those is not just another version of Ridley's theme lol
Yeah, even though SR has some great versions of Ridley's theme we already have enough.

I'm hoping for Diggernaut's Theme and Chozo Laboratories.

These are my favorite tracks from it and I also think they're likely because they were used in the trailers and marketing for the game.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
What's even more paranoid now is the kongversation podcast (a podcast all about donkey long) has a guy claiming the ballot was a sham and bayonetta was always going to be included, but k. Rool's popularity forced them to acknowledge it with Mii costumes.

Smashboards was eating that right up.
Yeah, that doesn't surprise me at all, given the earlier rumors trying to say the same thing. This feels like it's just piggybacking off of that.

Crayolan

Oct 25, 2017
Wave Race AT is the something I didn't know I wanted but that would be great. Even if that turns out to be false that's a lot more interesting and unique than 99% of leaks, so I appreciate the cool idea.

TheDinoman

Oct 25, 2017
What's even more paranoid now is the kongversation podcast (a podcast all about donkey long) has a guy claiming the ballot was a sham and bayonetta was always going to be included, but k. Rool's popularity forced them to acknowledge it with Mii costumes.

Smashboards was eating that right up.

To be fair, DK Vine is really a general Rare fansite that covers other games by the company, particurly the ones that have some sort of connection to DK like Banjo and Conker. DK isn't the only thing they talk about on their Podcast.

1000% H

Oct 25, 2017
There's also Nintendo, I'm sure they can veto a character decision by Sakurai. I don't think Sakurai could include whoever he wants. He still has bosses to answer to.
Nintendo needs to understand that if Banjo and Kazooie were put in Smash, the internet as a whole would literally break for at least 10 minutes.

Grapezard

Nov 16, 2017
Do we agree that Metroid now has an acceptable amount of representation in Smash? Never thought I'd see the day.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Smash Ultimate is awful

It gets you hyped up, and you feel like life's worth living

Then the high dies and you come crashing down and you wonder when the next hit will come

Smash Ultimate is truly awful

I've always felt that the natural comparison for the Smash 4 experience is to a case of diarrhea.

First off, you learn that it's coming. Just out of nowhere, and then you suddenly know. And very soon you can't take it. You know it'll come out, but you need it to happen now.

Then it comes out. And it's great. You're overjoyed. It just keeps you locked to your seat with its seemingly endless stream of content. You're in disbelief that there could be so much.

But it peters out. And you're somehow unsatisfied. There was plenty there, but you still feel like you're not really done. You stick with it for a while, but you just get that feeling that there really should have been more.

Hopefully Ultimate ends up feeling more like a truly complete package than that.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
No. Geno's never been part of any of the major leakers. In fact all news has been quiet on him.

No credible leaker has said anything about Geno. So far the only "leaked" characters are a new Pokemon, Isabelle and Skull Kid.

Woah for real. That's crazy we have no leaks saying Geno is coming. I guess we're going off of Sakuria's love for Geno, voting and Mii costume in Smash 4.

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
What are the best reaction videos? Rogersbase felt a bit phony. The EZA one was nice. The Nintendo World Store one is a bit chaotic. Any others?

I watched about 10 that day (yea not very productive) and the EZA one was the best by far imo.
they appreciated the details much more than everyone else who mostly yelled.

barley

Banned
Aug 16, 2018
Just saying...seems like a lot of effort to add that new water effect to Squirtle's run animation and not reuse it, no?

Status
Not open for further replies.