• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which event do you think we would see 6th character reveal at?

• General Direct (in Feb)

Votes: 93 25.8%
  • General Direct (in March)

Votes: 45 12.5%
  • E3

Votes: 173 47.9%
  • Random Smash Presentation before E3

Votes: 50 13.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
For those asking again about what Zippo said...
Actually, disregard that one. I think the character could be relevant with or without Nintendo.

That's all i can say y'all. Sorry!
Will once again reiterate what I heard:

The character is related to Nintendo, but not directly them, hence the words "kinda sorta".
It's a weird situation, apparently.
The search function on era is good, use it :p

edit: less than a day to know if that was bs or not anyway, even if he also said "could be not this character actually" like some other leakers do.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
But that´s another IP. We´re talking about Isaac from Golden Sun.

Damn you, Camelot. Stop doing Mario sport games and give us GS 4!!
Oh I know, just that Odeko brought him up and that reminded me of the strangest last hurrah DLC character for that game.

I think Golden Sun Isaac is unfortunately done for, he got the consolation AT back with extra psyenergy and a mii costume, which wont fill the void I'm sure but hey it's actually more than my main Nintendo want so small victories.

We deserved more Golden sun remixes

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
There's no point hoping for Isaac/Waluigi/etc as long as they are assist trophies tbh.
Next game speculation is open for them though!

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
I thought Zippo was talking about Travis until he said "it's a weird situation." There's absolutely zero ambiguity regarding Travis' parenthood. I really can't think of anyone who fits all of Zippo's clues besides maybe Geno, but Zippo's been so vague and borderline contradictory that I don't see the point in slaving over his words when we're only a day away from the reveal. It could be anyone.

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
I thought Zippo was talking about Travis until he said "it's a weird situation." There's absolutely zero ambiguity regarding Travis' parenthood. I really can't think of anyone who fits all of Zippo's clues besides maybe Geno, but Zippo's been so vague and borderline contradictory that I don't see the point in slaving over his words when we're only a day away from the reveal. It could be anyone.
Yeah like how Dante started out development as the protagonist for a Gamecube exclusive but ended up on the PS2. It's a weird situation

Kcannon

Oct 30, 2017

The biggest wrench in the whole thing is that the character supposedly can be relevant without Nintendo, which seems impossible for Geno since he's a Mario character.

NabiscoFelt

One Winged Slayer
Aug 15, 2019

Geno honestly makes a fair amount of sense.

Not a general audience character, fits Zippo's hints, and would have been really appropriate for a final character. I honestly wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if FP5 was him

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
Since I wasn't around to thrown my hat into the weird situation speculation, I'm now rummaging through the scraps to see what's left.
Did anyone mention ZAEL? you remember ZAEL right? the answer is "no" because even if you played the last story you don't remember that blandy mcblandston

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
The biggest wrench in the whole thing is that the character supposedly can be relevant without Nintendo, which seems impossible for Geno since he's a Mario character.
Yeah, the hints are so confusing as to feel meaningless. I appreciate Zippo telling us what he allegedly heard, but I somehow feel like I know less now than I did before he said anything.

Lord Vatek

Avenger
Jan 18, 2018
The Zippo thing feels like a huge game of telephone and the message has been so corrupted by this point the it's virtually worthless without any other extra details.

I don't mean to doubt Zippo or their source but the number of people who know who it actually is probably isn't that high to begin with.

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
Zippo is new to the insider stuff. So I don't see why so many are so invested in his info, he hasn't had a Direct to show what he knows/capable of. And his statements for Smash are too vague that it can be anyone, like you said.

Think people need to have some fun and be open minded lol.

Metto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I'm at least going to take the clues meaning a character with a strong Nintendo association.

Whether that means they're a third party with a rich Nintendo history or a Nintendo character itself is where I'd expect it to be

Big One

Oct 25, 2017
What if it was a Raving Rabbid that has costumes from Mario and Rabbids? That would also fit the "kinda-sorta" thing.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Well since Zippo got backed by Sabi I'm really not feeling confident about Zippo's stuff anymore. Like come on it's so obvious Sabi is full of shit but apparently he said he approached Zippo to see where their info is at.

Derachi

Oct 27, 2017
hey

do you all ever think maybe we're putting way too much thought into all of this?

do you ever think maybe... we're a little...nuts?

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Well since Zippo got backed by Sabi I'm really not feeling confident about Zippo's stuff anymore. Like come on it's so obvious Sabi is full of shit but apparently he said he approached Zippo to see where their info is at.
Zippo said his sources have nothing to do with Sabi and that they're only "acquainted" in the sense that they'd talked once, so trying to tie him to Sabi as a means to discredit the info feels like a case of confirmation bias on your part.

Deleted member 62099

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 12, 2019
Zippo said his sources have nothing to do with Sabi and that they're only "acquainted" in the sense that they'd talked once, so trying to tie him to Sabi as a means to discredit the info feels like a case of confirmation bias on your part.
Yup. Zippo can't control what Sabi says. But for me Zippo did the ultimate backtrack by saying the hints might refer to a future character.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Status
Not open for further replies.