• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Are you a believer for us getting a General Direct in January 2020?

• Yes

Votes: 258 85.7%
  • No

Votes: 43 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
I'll take my boring illfitting to Smash fantasy character thank you very much.
6a3f23eca81d2989-dark-souls-knight-tumblr.gif
Is this sword in the game ? If so what is it ? When I play a knight I always play with the default sword (the large sword)

Village

Oct 25, 2017
Kazuya turned into Devil and:

- Heihachi beat the shit out of him and threw him into a volcano.

- threw his dad into a bunch of robots and then ran away, presumably crying and shitting his pants.
Then he threw his dad into a volcano. Along with that, actually no he beats his dad up and then leaves him into robots like "Welp fuck him "

Also on a serious note I don't like joking about this sort of stuff. while it is an action video game, Heihachi is literally an abuser. To characterize kazuya someone who was abused as some sort of whimp, seems kind of shitty. This is coming someone who was abused. Heihachi and kazuya are cool and let it be

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
My problem with Heihachi is that all his hammy personality can't save him from the fact that he fights like a generic martial arts guy.

You're not wrong - without context put him next to Ryu and they're both just the dude-in-a-gi types. I think Sakurai could have fun implementing Tekken mechanics in Smash, but they're both just punchy-kicky guys at the end of the day.

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
I genuinely feel like this is partly the reason the series just decided to go all in on character models over actual character

Are there any modern character reveal trailers out there less exciting than the return of a DoA dude? AHHH SHIT, BAYMAN/BRAD/JANN/ZACK/ETC IS BACK BAYBAY! said no one ever.
There are guys in Dead or Alive games!?

CyberWolfBia

Apr 5, 2019
Brazil
Jill died in the terrible Galeem acident, but Heihachi is still coming, I'm sure (if not him, then Agumon).

I'll only lose hope for the old Mishima douchebag if his Mii Costume returns by any chance.. and that can't happen if he's the first Bamco choice anyway :p

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
I kinda hope we get a Darkhorse reveal like The Heavy from TF2 with the annoucement of the Orange Box for Switch as well as other Valve annoucments

Regulus Tera

Oct 25, 2017

It's weird to me how Sony is still touting Bayonetta 1 as a major release yet 2 and 3 are Nintendo exclusive and will be til the end of time.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
Great Scythe is the DS1 weapon of choice by the way, I'll just have to make do by using death's scythe item as chosen undead in smash

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
I genuinely feel like this is partly the reason the series just decided to go all in on character models over actual character

Are there any modern character reveal trailers out there less exciting than the return of a DoA dude? AHHH SHIT, BAYMAN/BRAD/JANN/ZACK/ETC IS BACK BAYBAY! said no one ever.
Or you know, different tastes?

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
Or you know, different tastes?
I'll admit having enjoyed plain, dry white bread on occasion

I mean, I played through the DoA Dimensions story mode and was moderately entertained by the ninjas vs tech corp saga

(hey if you enjoy a number of DoA characters, more power to you, I don't think it's much of a take though to consider that team ninja just kinda throws half the dudes on the backburner even with actual story modes in play)

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I'll admit having enjoyed plain, dry white bread on occasion

I mean, I played through the DoA Dimensions story mode and was moderately entertained by the ninjas vs tech corp saga

(hey if you enjoy a number of DoA characters, more power to you, I don't think it's much of a take though to consider that team ninja just kinda throws half the dudes on the backburner even with actual story modes in play)

Team Ninja throws almost all the dudes on the backburner. Hayabusa is an exception, and he's not exclusively a DOA character.

Regulus Tera

Oct 25, 2017
I just found Tweek's old ramblings about how he dislikes Smash Ultimate and I'm now glad he's been downloaded by Leo so thoroughly he will never win against him.

Lord Vatek

Avenger
Jan 18, 2018
Heihachi is boring in moveset, Jin and Kazuya are boring in personality.

This is why we need Alisa Bosconovich.
Alisa_Bosconovitch_%28T7%29.png

Strat

"This guy are sick"
Apr 8, 2018
I just found Tweek's old ramblings about how he dislikes Smash Ultimate and I'm now glad he's been downloaded by Leo so thoroughly he will never win against him.
What a fall he's taken from being the dude winning with characters like Wario and upending the early meta.

Speaking of, remember when Ultimate was first getting shown at E3 and all the takes were "slightly faster Smash 4" and "there are no combos"? That shit is pretty funny in hindsight.

Status
Not open for further replies.