What character's reveal are you expecting to see at E3?

• Dragon Quest Character

Votes: 140 26.4%
  • Banjo

Votes: 291 54.9%
  • Other Character (Not Banjo or Dragon Quest)

Votes: 99 18.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Weary Bones

Nov 7, 2017
SoCal
I need that chibi Erdrick design. Kid Goku with sword pls

Yeah I like Box-Art Erdrick
s-l300.jpg

But I know it's most likely the Erdrick we're not getting

Tibarn

Oct 31, 2017
Barcelona
Ken is a mix of Super Turbo & SFIV (plus a recolored variant if Ryu's SFV gloves).
I see. Didn't notice all the details on Ryu tbh, it's a character that has barely changed since SF II. Ken on the other hand looks fa better in Smash than in SF V or even SF IV. The Smash artists really know how to feature all the characters using their best look.

Regulus Tera

Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of alts:

Cloud: Cloudy Wolf and Avalanche Cloud
Bayonetta: Bayo 1 and 2
Joker: Phantom Thief and Student outfits

Could Banjo and Kazooie be getting an alternate costume? Maybe their Nuts & Bolts appearance?

Last edited:

TheDinoman

Oct 25, 2017
Could Banjo and Kazooie be getting an alternate costume? Maybe their Nuts & Bolts appearance?

I mean, stuff like Ghostly Adventures Pac-Man and red haired animu Simon aren't available as alts.

If there's gonna be any references to N&B, it will most likely just be a few music track rips and a handful of spirits, and the latter would only be because there's not much in terms of official renders of the Banjo cast from the N64 era to use.

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
I honestly don't mind the Nuts 'n' Bolts look too much. it was quite cute to make him look like a smooth N64 model. The big problem is he has about a million teeth.

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
Oh good, now that Heath has posted his, I can post my one (since I didn't want to take the spotlight), which I only made because I wanted to make the Namco pun:

0rpVk0k.gif

Xwing

This guy are sick of the unshakeable slayer
Nov 11, 2017
If Banjo has a CG trailer, I really hope he gets to meet Diddy Kong again. I feel like "reuniting" would be the perfect theme for his announcement.

Link_enfant

One Winged Slayer
Jan 20, 2018
France
I wonder how many people would glady take Crono over Edrick in the West actually?

Chrono Trigger is huge and loved even outside of Japan, and the fact that it's only one game would probably make the development easier: only alternate colors and no female/other skins to make, and only one music composer (iirc) to deal with regarding music licensing.

Lady Bow

Nov 30, 2017
My dream trailer for Banjo would probably be a renactment of the Smash 64 commercial where instead of Yoshi starting the fight, Banjo comes out of nowhere and clotheslines Mario.

TheDinoman

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder how many people would glady take Crono over Edrick in the West actually?

Chrono Trigger is huge and loved even outside of Japan, and the fact that it's only one game would probably make the development easier: only alternate colors and no female/other skins to make, and only one music composer (iirc) to deal with regarding music licensing.

Personally I'd love to have Crono over Erdrick, but it just ain't gonna happen for obvious reasons.

It's a shame because I feel like a game with a calibeur of CT deserves to be majorly repped in Smash, but it will most likely never happen unless there's significant fan demand for it like with Banjo.

Wil Grieve

Oct 25, 2017

The only problem I have with Crono is his stupid Toriyama face. Otherwise he is vastly preferable, not just because of the issue with DQ's composer being a royal POS.

But Frog would be better.

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields

Would totally take Chrono. Have no vested interest in DQ. I mean I tried the latest one but it wasn't doing anything for me. Tried P5 after Joker, loved it so much I finished it in less than 2 weeks.

Choppasmith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Beaumont, CA

Part of the leak for the DQ character was they have a female alt right?

So the options are Erdrick or Solo/Sofia.

Or IX, but that's not nearly as popular (unless you want to argue sales)
That's the DQ1 hero.

Pretty sure that's III artwork though.
There's no official art of Famicom Female Erdrick.

Just the normal sized remake one.

I discovered the other day there's much more obscure GBC artwork of her where Toriyama tweaked her design a bit.

51Q1WP9GGTL._SX334_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

CIF9SUOUkAAcoL3.jpg

Strikes me as a "There now people will KNOW she's a girl" kind of change. There's a meme/headcanon among Japanese fans that because the NES version of III the hero's mother says at the beginning says, "I've raised you to be a fine young man" regardless of gender choice that female Erdrick identifies as male (like the opposite of Guilty' Gear's Bridget) The remakes correct this in dialog and I guess the design in the GBC meant to correct this further.

Link_enfant

One Winged Slayer
Jan 20, 2018
France
Personally I'd love to have Crono over Erdrick, but it just ain't gonna happen for obvious reasons.

It's a shame because I feel like a game with a calibur of CT deserves to be majorly repped in Smash, but will most likely never happen unless there's significant fan demand for it like with Banjo.
You're right, but I'm wondering how much demand has to do with certain picks. Joker surprised everyone because almost no one expected him, which also means very few people actually asked for him.
Banjo is a very different case obviously, but taking Erdrick rumors aside, has there been that much demand for him as well?
I can't help but think that Crono would have the benefit to have both the surprise and hype effect everywhere, where almost no one will be like "who?" unlike Erdrick imo.

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
What if Banjo is literally just Banjo, not Kazooie? That's because he's actually based off his Diddy Kong Racing incarnation.

Baby Bird

Nov 5, 2017

I personally would like Crono much, much more than Edrick.

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
Chances of a Japanese company putting together a trailer based on an advert that was only broadcast in one country is super unlikely.

Expect something similar to the BK opening with Banjo knocking on the screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.