• A New Aegis Among Us

Votes: 18 12.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Horohorohoro

Jan 28, 2019
I think I'm gonna play Pikmin 1 for the first time starting tomorrow and finish it before Tuesday night because Jerma's streaming it then so I wanna have already beaten it so I don't get "spoiled" or whatever. I've beaten 4 games already this year which is a lot more than I usually play. I think I'm actually in a gaming mood for once.

Melpomene

One Winged Slayer
Jun 9, 2019
All I feel when I think about Wonderworld's execution is... pity.

So it must be excellent!

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Balan Wonderworld depresses me because it feels like it's so close to being my jam.

Those are the worst kind of games, the ones that make it to the final stretch of the continental race only in the final battle the villain cut his legs off to send your own debilitating attack back at you, getting you disqualified as the comic relief guy comes in first place.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Wonderwall is that good, huh?
Oh, so it's really good? Haven't downloaded it yet.
Oh yeah, it's, uh, great. It runs on my Nintendo Switch system, so i've gotta give it props for that. The graphics also load eventually (even if there's plenty of pop-in) so again, I commend the team for their efforts.

The costumes are cute from a design standpoint I guess? Really running out of complements here... oh, I mean, there's so much to celebrate I don't even know where to start!

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I did one cool thing with the sheep suit on the stairs in stage 6-1 and found a QTE. That's my only compliment.

mopinks

Oct 27, 2017
I watched the Balan Wonderworld reveal and thought "oh this looks cute" and then saw the gameplay and thought "oh this is going to be a miserable experience"

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
I wasn't following the game much until the demo released, so I had no idea they decided to map everything to one button (or, more accurately, every button does the same thing).

Why. I know the actual reason why, they want it to be simple like Sonic, which also only required a single button, but they don't do it well.

Deleted member 69942

User requested account closure
Banned
May 22, 2020
So if the Monster Hunter would join Smash. Would you like it to use several weapons or focus on a few? Or do you prefer for example the Palico to join?

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have no idea how the art team drew Balan and didn't instantly decide that he was going to be the main character instead of those Burger King Kids Club rejects.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Seriously, though, is Balan Wonderworld like funny bad or is it just unfortunate?

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
I suppose the most fortunate thing about Balan Wonderworld is that they released a demo rather than try to hide how bad the game is.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
I guess I should still play the demo so that I can be part of the cool kids' club. But my Vita also is finished charging, so...

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
Balan Wonderworld makes you feel like Ballin
Damn straight
znvQ5HQ.jpg

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
The most fortunate about Balan is that it at least wasn't a kickstarter project fans gave money to.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Seriously look how fucking rad that guy looks.

It's like he stepped out of an alternate universe where the Sega Saturn never died.

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
hmm... I just noticed Sakurai's Brawl pic from last night wasn't on Omega Pokemon Stadium 2

The original Petey fight was using Kirby and on a slightly altered Pokemon Stadium 2

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
my favorite part of Balan is the Fox ability that randomly turns you into a box with no control by the player and you just keep sliding forward from where you were facing, almost certainly causing you to die

A+ game design

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
my favorite part of Balan is the Fox ability that randomly turns you into a box with no control by the player and you just keep sliding forward from where you were facing, almost certainly causing you to die

A+ game design
I was trying to figure out the purpose of that costume.

Is there a purpose?

mopinks

Oct 27, 2017
I don't like final smashes that reference past Smash games, but I do like Petey, so I'm torn

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
I hate that I have to say this, but I feel that you have to hear it and we've been putting it off too long.

Petey Piranha is inferior to every Petey Piranha clone as a rule. Dino Piranha and Peewee Piranha are just outright better.

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
Is having Petey's cage be decorated with Nipper and Piranha Plant sprites and then a random creepy human face in the middle like the most Brawl-esque aesthetic thing possible?
Petey_easter_egg.png

Dec 30, 2020
So I'm thinking we're going to get one more Nintendo character, then two more third party.

Right now my brain's desperately insisting that it's Rhythm Heaven, and then the last two spots are a toss-up between Reimu, Doomguy, Gordon Freeman, and Spyro.

Apopheniac

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I played the first level of the Balan Wonderworld demo and I don't know what's supposed to be wrong with it. Seems the like the same slop 3D platformer fans love

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Strange thing is Petey was going to be a WiiU boss at some point and looks like he was gonna behave closer to how he was in Sunshine

(https://tcrf.net/Super_Smash_Bros._for_Wii_U/Unused_Animations)

then he returns acting like his Brawl self despite presumably having some sort of reference lying around for how he would've behaved in WiiU

Wonder if this implies we almost got another Sunshine-based stage, considering the other bosses in Smash 4 (besides the Master Hand-types) were tied to stages. Bianco Hills wouldn't be a bad pull.

Then again he was probably pulled very early on, maybe back when they were testing Brawl concepts out on new hardware.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
I played the first level of the Balan Wonderworld demo and I don't know what's supposed to be wrong with it. Seems the like the same slop 3D platformer fans love
I could write an essay about every little thing wrong about Balan based on the demo, but it doesn't deserve anyone giving it that much attention.

Methinks you just don't like 3D platformers very much, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.