Which character is most likely to appear in the next game?

• Snake

Votes: 173 16.9%
  • SSJ Snake

Votes: 30 2.9%
  • SSGSS Snake

Votes: 91 8.9%
  • Ultra Instinct Snake

Votes: 365 35.6%
  • Goku

Votes: 367 35.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Voltt

Oct 25, 2017
Sakurai didn't just say that manga characters wouldn't get in. He said manga characters obviously wouldn't get in. That's a massive difference from him just not figuring out how he could get a character to work.

Pandy

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
Apologies if this has already been posited in the thread, but since half this page is about cartoon characters...
I'd bet for sure that Platinum/Clover/Kamiya will get another rep. In descending order of likelyhood:

Wonder Red
Amaterasu
Viewtiful Joe

Raiden?
Dante?

Jack from MadWorld!!!!
Drew from Scalebound????
I couldn't bring myself to suggest Sam from Vanquish. Can't see it happening as much as I'd be up for it.

Thoughts?

Azure J

Oct 25, 2017
Inklings
Champions
Captain Toad
Spring Man
Dixie Kong
K. Rool
Ridley
Rex & Pyra
Zeraora
Hades
Takamaru
Chorus Kids
Bomberman
Crash Bandicoot
Banjo & Kazooie
Simon Belmont
Jill Valentine
Solaire

Note: The Champions are a four-man team fighter from BotW: Revali, with the Great Eagle Bow; Mipha, with the Lightscale Trident; Daruk, with the Boulder Breaker; and Urbosa, with the Scimitar of the Seven.

God, this post reminds me of how much I'd really appreciate seeing all the BOTW Champions in a playable form in anything. Those designs are far too ace to just be supporting characters and Zelda as a series has needed newcomers forever. Surprise me Sakurai!

Cybersai

Banned
Jan 8, 2018
Inklings
Champions
Captain Toad
Spring Man
Dixie Kong
K. Rool
Ridley
Rex & Pyra
Zeraora
Hades
Takamaru
Chorus Kids
Bomberman
Crash Bandicoot
Banjo & Kazooie
Simon Belmont
Jill Valentine
Solaire

Note: The Champions are a four-man team fighter from BotW: Revali, with the Great Eagle Bow; Mipha, with the Lightscale Trident; Daruk, with the Boulder Breaker; and Urbosa, with the Scimitar of the Seven.

I don't think Hades has any chance, Kid Icarus is probably done with newcomers. The franchise also isnt' getting a sequel.

Zeraora isn't happening either for similar reasons.

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Spongebob and Optimus Prime crossed over in Splatoon so they have better chances than Goku. *tilts glasses*

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
This has to have been linked by now, but y'all be like

I'm fishin' for a fight, brother

Zippo

Banned
Dec 8, 2017
1520918053516.png

That dude is so fired.

TheDinoman

Oct 25, 2017
mfw optimus prime and megatron were featured in a smash esque fighting game alongside solid snake and bomberman

DreamMix_TV_World_Fighters_Coverart.png

Too bad it's not a very good game.

IntelliHeath

Oct 25, 2017
He also said after brawl he could add little mac but doesnt want to.

I had to post it again since it was in old page so I guess it got overlooked. I would like to see source on that matters because I only remember Sakurai spoke comments against certain characters like Villager and Pac MAN. But I don't even remember anything about Little Mac so can you help me out on that. I'm curious about that.

I was so happy for you when you got your No. 1 requested character :-D

Thanks! I think you got your too right? Hopefully we would get more good characters out of Smash Switch! :D

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
I had to post it again since it was in old page so I guess it got overlooked. I would like to see source on that matters because I only remember Sakurai spoke comments against certain characters like Villager and Pac MAN. But I don't even remember anything about Little Mac so can you help me out on that. I'm curious about that.

Thanks! I think you got your too right? Hopefully we would get more good characters out of Smash Switch! :D
Maybe it wasn't little mac, but traditional fighting game characters in general. He broke that rule with ryu.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Hmmm if we're doing our #1 requested characters, I need to put down in writing that mine is DQ Slime. "Slime oozes onto the battlefield!"

#SlimeForSmash

Make it happen guys.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Out of curiosity, does anyone know if Japanese fans generally regard Goku as a meme suggestion too?

This is kinda why I wish we got the published Ballot results, wonder if Nintendo will ever actually release those things (though I'm still suspicious they fudged the numbers with Bayonetta).

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
My dream character is Banjo-Kazooie but I'm not putting much faith in it.

Nintendo-wise it's Toad, and I think it might actually happen this time!

Blitzwolf215

Oct 26, 2017
For off the wall random character, my pick is Electroplankton.
3b23cc274cf46d0996cb1cdf02e42c5f.jpg

And not just one, have Nanocarp as the base and surround them with some of the other electroplankton.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
What kind of main boss are we expecting for the classic mode this time? Master Core was a bit weird, but seems hard to top.

I'm thinking after you beat Master Hand and Crazy Hand the gloves come off and it's actually Sakurai's hands that are bloody and mangled from being overworked. Then after that he gets bionic hands.

I've been discovering how good the Dragon Quest games are on Android lately. I'm all in on wanting to see that series in Smash.

It's one of my favorite series, so good. It's crazy that there hasn't been a Smash rep from there, it's older and more popular than FF in Japan. Plus has a longer history with Nintendo.

Status
Not open for further replies.