• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What are you most excited about potentially seeing in the coming weeks?

• The Sequel to the Breath of the Wild

Votes: 468 36.0%
  • 3D Donkey Kong

Votes: 121 9.3%
  • Metroid 5

Votes: 176 13.5%
  • Pikmin 4

Votes: 31 2.4%
  • Fire Emblem

Votes: 43 3.3%
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 3

Votes: 119 9.2%
  • Switch Pro Hardware

Votes: 342 26.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

BozPaggs

One Winged Slayer
Jan 11, 2019
London, United Kingdom
BozPaggs So I just looked myself and saw it was the original OT13, which makes sense.

I also saw that there was a member here who made a bunch of OTs and now never seems to post here, despite still being active on the site. Does anyone have any idea what happened? (You can find who I'm talking about by looking at the past OTs on the first post of this thread - I don't want to tag them in case it's a sensitive issue.)
I recall there being some resistance to them taking it upon themselves to run the thread multiple times in a row without really asking, but I don't think there were any hard feelings. If you're talking about who I think you are, they were in the last thread.

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
BotW was so good because we knew barely anything about the game before launch. That let everyone discover the world and adventure on their own.

We already know much more about BotW2 based on the fact that it's a sequel to the first game, and thus we know to expect a big open world, physics and chemistry engine, emergent gameplay and the like. Those are things we only first learned about in BotW at E3 2016, 9 months before it launched.

They can totally do a 3 month marketing cycle for this.
Not only can they, but I agree that they should. It'll have a huge impact and, as you said, the game will be better for it.

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
I also saw that there was a member here who made a bunch of OTs and now never seems to post here, despite still being active on the site. Does anyone have any idea what happened? (You can find who I'm talking about by looking at the past OTs on the first post of this thread - I don't want to tag them in case it's a sensitive issue.)
Hero of Legend is still around. He's just more news oriented than shitpost/community oriented; he's the OP of a lot of news threads

I fought him about the OP thing but I don't think he hates the thread any more than the average person lol

Last edited:

hologram

Jun 30, 2020
OT13 was 8
13-2 was 12

I imagine some threads probably started faster but lost steam, kinda miffed I just realised I hold a record days before it's broken ha
Tbh I don't think this thread will beat that record. I think this will last 10-14 days maybe.
Also, I am mid-key depressed right now because of quarantine. It's not high-key yet, but man is it coming. I'm only halfway through and really hope something exciting happens just to spice things up.

EDIT: I'm fine btw (mostly) and what Nintendo does will have no significant impact on me so please don't think I'm that pathetic of a situation right now lol. It'd just be fun to have something new to talk about!
If you are vaccinated, and you are sure what you have is a cold, I don't don't you really need to quarantine. Sure, you can't work, but go for a walk! See some friends! Let me gently suggest you don't let gaming be your sole answer to depression. I hope you feel better soon, friend.

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
I feel like it's not great form to dunk on the guy in the same thread where he, mere pages ago, addressed criticisms of SGF in an earnest and heartfelt manner.
lmao can't believe I missed this

I'm low key a fan

Several others have mentioned it but I went back and couldn't find it.
www.resetera.com

Super Nintendo General Discussion | OT Twent-E3 | The Friends We Made Along the Way (Trans Rights Will Always be Human Rights | Free Palestine) OT

The reality is that Xbox its own event and places like E3 and SGF are co-streaming it as partners (as are IGN, Twitch and others) -- we're not "claiming" it or "taking credit for it," we are directing people to it. Think of how multiple TV networks cover the State of the Union. Ultimately all...

www.resetera.com

Super Nintendo General Discussion | OT Twent-E3 | The Friends We Made Along the Way (Trans Rights Will Always be Human Rights | Free Palestine) OT

Last year was the middle of the pandemic -- it was messy for everyone, including game developers. We didn't create the event under perfect conditions, but it was important to build something new. We are very happy with the plan is for 2021 and how it's growing/building. Nintendo is always invited!

hologram

Jun 30, 2020
I feel like it's not great form to dunk on the guy in the same thread where he, mere pages ago, addressed criticisms of SGF in an earnest and heartfelt manner.
Agreed. I tried to find the words for this earlier but gave up; thank you for putting this so eloquently.

Hero of Legend is still around. He's just more news oriented than shitpost/community oriented; he's the OP of a lot of news threads

I fought him about the OP thing but I don't think he hates the thread anymore than the average person lol
Appreciate the explanation! I mean I don't think most of us actually hate this thread but I get what you mean lol

BozPaggs

One Winged Slayer
Jan 11, 2019
London, United Kingdom

I fought him about the OP thing but I don't think he hates the thread anymore than the average person lol
We must have the most reluctant OPs on the site ha

Tbh I don't think this thread will beat that record. I think this will last 10-14 days maybe.
As long as Tuesday is our lucky day it'll last, especially if the e3 date is revealed too, some of the discussion would move to that thread. If it's Thursday the thread will be madness incarnate next week (more so than usual).

hologram

Jun 30, 2020
As long as Tuesday is our lucky day it'll last, especially if the e3 date is revealed too, some of the discussion would move to that thread. If it's Thursday the thread will be madness incarnate next week (more so than usual).
I think for us to outspeed OT13 a few things need to happen: 1) we need insiders on Monday night / Tuesday morning to strongly hint that TODAY IS THE DAY; 2) it needs to turn out not to be the day; 3) the day comes a day or two later, before the hype/anger fully dies down but after enough of a lull for the announcement to dramatically increase traffic again.

Akoig

Sep 4, 2020
Even if BOTW2 doesn't launch for September along the Pro, I still can see it being the Holiday game

Akoig

Sep 4, 2020
Also, I am mid-key depressed right now because of quarantine. It's not high-key yet, but man is it coming. I'm only halfway through and really hope something exciting happens just to spice things up.

EDIT: I'm fine btw (mostly) and what Nintendo does will have no significant impact on me so please don't think I'm that pathetic of a situation right now lol. It'd just be fun to have something new to talk about!
I am so sorry you are feeling this way, I hope you feel better soon. I completely understand what you mean, not that they have to do something or I'll feel worse but rather if something exciting happens it would be a good serotonin boost!

BozPaggs

One Winged Slayer
Jan 11, 2019
London, United Kingdom
I think for us to outspeed OT13 a few things need to happen: 1) we need insiders on Monday night / Tuesday morning to strongly hint that TODAY IS THE DAY; 2) it needs to turn out not to be the day; 3) the day comes a day or two later, before the hype/anger fully dies down but after enough of a lull for the announcement to dramatically increase traffic again.
It'll be close for sure, there will definitely be at least a 100 pages between Monday and Tuesday. Weirdly invested in this race now haha

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
ah, I see that you are a scholar of the thread as well

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The games that will probably show up at Treehouse. Someone could help me make a more comprehensive list. I know Lelouch is pretty good with this stuff.

BotW 2
No More Heroes 3
NEO: TWEWY
Metroid V
DK game
Pokémon Legends
Pokémon BD/SP
Monster Hunter Stories 2
SSHD
Mario Golf Super Rush
Some indie games

Goldenh

Feb 9, 2020
Depending on how they reveal the Switch pro, they could show images of Breath of the wild 2 in the console reveal.

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
Maybe it's because I've been around for less long than you and Raccoon , but I don't see any reason for shame. If anything, I feel like this thread's most cliquey phase is behind it, and that was easily our greatest flaw.
yeah at some point the thread went from a bro dude basement to like a weird shitpost town square and I can't pinpoint that transition lol

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
you know my actual dream announcement would be FFXIV on Switch Pro lol. I would grind shit out way more if it was portable. Though i guess the worry is that it would turn off and lose internet connection thus disconnecting from the server but the idea is neat

BozPaggs

One Winged Slayer
Jan 11, 2019
London, United Kingdom
Maybe it's because I've been around for less long than you and Raccoon , but I don't see any reason for shame. If anything, I feel like this thread's most cliquey phase is behind it, and that was easily our greatest flaw.
Oh no shame at all... morbid pride certainly

yeah at some point the thread went from a bro dude basement to like a weird shitpost town square and I can't pinpoint that transition lol
A lot of bans over a lot of time

I love how all it took was the prospect of a meaningless record for you to completely flip.
Meaningless to you :''''(

StraySheep

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
Oct 26, 2017
you know my actual dream announcement would be FFXIV on Switch Pro lol. I would grind shit out way more if it was portable. Though i guess the worry is that it would turn off and lose internet connection thus disconnecting from the server but the idea is neat

Wow you're right. That would be killer.

TheSentry42

Nov 2, 2017
there's no way a switch pro launches without a marquee title
What was the New 3DS's marquee launch titles?

Two rough downgrade ports? Xenoblade Chronicles and Hyrule Warriors?

I don't think the Pro will have a special marquee title but it might have a game that comes out around the same time which looks a little better on it but still runs fine on the OG Switch and Lite.

SammyJ9

Dec 22, 2019
I know everyone is in hype mode, but I'm playing SMT3 and it is good! It's definitely a bit dated compared to SMT4, although not too bad. And Matador is indeed a bastard until you prep specifically for him (and then is remarkably easy).

Oct 26, 2017
I'm still here! Just been busy with my high-quality videos, and honestly I've just felt like staying out of the back and forth discussions. Mostly to keep hype to a low until E3 truly begins. :P

SammyJ9

Dec 22, 2019
They can't stop the sh*tposts, Mal
They can never stop the sh*tposts
Related: I was recently reminded of the Firefly gag reel which contains IMO one of the funniest bloopers I've ever seen: when the crew is all gathered around a casket and there's a super serious speech playing, and the camera slowly circles to show everyone's faces, and Nathan Fillion constantly runs around in circles so he keeps popping up in the shot over and over again, all while keeping a dead-serious expression and the rest of the cast slowly dies laughing. It's so good.

ARobotCalledV

Aug 22, 2020
What was the New 3DS's marquee launch titles?

Two rough downgrade ports? Xenoblade Chronicles and Hyrule Warriors?

I don't think the Pro will have a special marquee title but it might have a game that comes out around the same time which looks a little better on it but still runs fine on the OG Switch and Lite.

Monster Hunter 4G was a big one in Japan

Status
Not open for further replies.