What are you most excited about potentially seeing in the coming weeks?

• The Sequel to the Breath of the Wild

Votes: 468 36.0%
  • 3D Donkey Kong

Votes: 121 9.3%
  • Metroid 5

Votes: 176 13.5%
  • Pikmin 4

Votes: 31 2.4%
  • Fire Emblem

Votes: 43 3.3%
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 3

Votes: 119 9.2%
  • Switch Pro Hardware

Votes: 342 26.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

carlosfilho

Feb 3, 2021
Twilight Princess also took forever to come out and got some trailers and screenshots at GDC and multiple E3s until it came out. I think all this time between a new Zelda announcement and the next trailer is unprecedented. It's time for a new trailer, at least.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
I'm gonna take a stab and say Mario Golf Super Rush will most likely get a 5 to 7 min feature segment during the direct. We haven't seen much since it's debut trailer and from subsequent twitter posts from Nintendo.
Did you miss the overview trailer shadowdropped a few weeks ago?

It'll be just like the previous June Mario releases on the Switch, Mario Tennis Aces and Super Mario Maker 2; a few seconds of gameplay in a sizzle reel during the Direct, then some gameplay on Treehouse Live.

brykuhn91

Oct 27, 2017
This is by far the longest a Zelda has gone between trailers/gameplay. We are at two years since it was shown.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Twilight Princess also took forever to come out and got some trailers and screenshots at GDC and multiple E3s until it came out. I think all this time between a new Zelda announcement and the next trailer is unprecedented. It's time for a new trailer, at least.

BotW worked because of the mystery and sense of discovery and exploration in not just the world but the mechanics too. We have arguably seen more of BotW2 as of 2019 then we saw of BotW before E3 2016, since we actually got a fairly lengthy story trailer.

I honestly don't expect much more of the game to be shown before release. We'll get some gameplay at E3 and a bit more context around the story, then maybe one final trailer in September shortly before launch.

NabiscoFelt

One Winged Slayer
Aug 15, 2019
I'm gonna take a stab and say Mario Golf Super Rush will most likely get a 5 to 7 min feature segment during the direct. We haven't seen much since it's debut trailer and from subsequent twitter posts from Nintendo.
It's already gotten an overview trailer that covered what would've been in a dedicated Direct segment. And games that come out soon (as in within a month) never get a big segment of a Direct.

Golf will get a headlines section at the absolute most

ekurisona

Jan 10, 2018
I am 100% sure BotW2 is 2021
wanna bet?

2021 i ask for permaban
2022 you ask for permaban

E2_Z9ZzXEAUnqtM

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I mean lots of people didn't expect Nintendo to show off Zelda at E3 2019 because Nintendo hid it really well.

Nintendo are pretty much the hardest to figure out when it comes to game announcements. Correct me if I'm wrong, but did anyone leak Astral Chain being a new IP from Nintendo. So I'm not sure if anyone has that kind of knowledge other than maybe Zell.

It's why personally I have faith in Nintendo's E3 especially with them announcing a 3-hour treehouse event. Sure it's easier to drop your expectations or even be pessimistic, but I rather believe lol.
Someone told us a new IP was coming from Platinum Games. A person on this website.

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
In the midst of all this time, I've finally sat down and played through Metroid Samus Returns! That was pretty good.

Bring on the Metroid announcements next week!

LuckyNumber69

Apr 30, 2021
Wasn't Mario Maker 2 in a sizzle reel at the 2019 E3 Direct? It'll probably be the same for Mario Golf, they aren't spending 5 precious minutes on an already revealed MG of all things, lol.

Wander_

Banned
Feb 26, 2018
I maintain that nobody knows anything about BotW2. Nintendo has the Zelda team locked up tight. I can't remember the last time there was an accurate leak about a Zelda game from the main EPD 3 team.

The best way to figure out what's happening with BotW 2 is to look at their current schedule and marketing strategy for the first game.
BoTW had what, two teasers, 3 big trailers, two chunky gameplay demos and an entire e3 treehouse blowout before it was released. The sequel not being at E3 with at least a trailer is kind of ludicrous unless its another two years out lol people need to get a grip

you both right, but back at the time nintendo had literally just that game for the entire 2016/17 fiscal year plus some 3ds games. and, well, paper mario color splash.

this year they can fill the direct with stuff like metroid, bayonetta3, splatoon3, pokemon, shin megami tensei, donkey kong, kirby, that rumored fire emblem remake and a new xenoblade. I think there are already too much cards on the table.

they can just do a zelda direct later.

alm0st^_^

Banned
Jan 25, 2020
You're prob right but thats such a waste for a game thats so close. But Ninty will wanna show it off

carlosfilho

Feb 3, 2021
BotW worked because of the mystery and sense of discovery and exploration in not just the world but the mechanics too. We have arguably seen more of BotW2 as of 2019 then we saw of BotW before E3 2016, since we actually got a fairly lengthy story trailer.

I honestly don't expect much more of the game to be shown before release. We'll get some gameplay at E3 and a bit more context around the story, then maybe one final trailer in September shortly before launch.

E3 will probably mark the beginning of BOTW2's marketing cycle, with a new trailer, name reveal and a release window such as "Holiday 2021" or "Spring 2022". So i think one more trailer some months from now would be enough, yeah, this time with an exact release date.

Oscarzx n

May 24, 2018
Santiago, Chile
While they might change that this year, I don't think Nintendo has wasted too much time for no reason in any of their E3's after 2015, Smash on 2018 aside, although that still was info for their biggest game of the year, it's just it was way too much info

Status
Not open for further replies.