What are you most excited about potentially seeing in the coming weeks?

• The Sequel to the Breath of the Wild

Votes: 468 36.0%
  • 3D Donkey Kong

Votes: 121 9.3%
  • Metroid 5

Votes: 176 13.5%
  • Pikmin 4

Votes: 31 2.4%
  • Fire Emblem

Votes: 43 3.3%
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 3

Votes: 119 9.2%
  • Switch Pro Hardware

Votes: 342 26.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

BY2K

Membero Americo
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Québec, Canada
I wonder if Geoff Keighley lost his pull with NoA/Nintendo after Reggie retired.

"The Gaming Industry comes together."

Yeah, except for one of its biggest players.

He did get the Sephiroth trailer for Smash for The Game Awards and Nintendo is on the board of the ESA, so it makes sense that they would support E3 first, so maybe it's just a coincidence, but I wonder...

Magic-Man

Feb 5, 2019
Epic Universe
I wonder if Geoff Keighley lost his pull with NoA/Nintendo after Reggie retired.

He did get the Sephiroth trailer for Smash for The Game Awards and Nintendo is on the board of the ESA, so it makes sense that they would support E3 first, so maybe it's just a coincidence, but I wonder...

Summer Games Fest also really isn't mainstream yet like E3 and The Game Awards are, so that's gotta factor in.

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017

I'm still a bit confused by it because last year, outside his opening ceremony, he just quote tweeted all the announcements companies made on their own and added his hashtag to it

Brofield

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think any of the Nintendo-published Cing games have been rereleased since they went bankrupt so it's a bit difficult to tell what happened to the rights. Looking at older material it seems that they shared a copyright with Nintendo on the first two games (Hotel Dusk and Another Code/Trace Memory) but not for the second two.

Hotel Dusk

Another Code

The Japanese website and the cover for Another Code R on the other hand say "© 2009 Nintendo Developed by CING"

Same for the Japanese website and cover for The Last Window.

It's likely that Nintendo can freely decide what to do with the properties and the existing games but might not want to given their propensity to not touch certain franchises without their original developers. Probably not the answer you wanted but I think this is the best we can do with the information we have.

Thanks for the insight. It is a shame, but at least it's reasonable expectation on what to expect (given the previous write up on how Noise is essentially defunct and a less than negative chance of Custom Robo making a return 🙃).

Also a lot more informative than the time I tried emailing Nintendo for this info out of genuine curiosity and got this snappy remark from someone in Customer Support who must have thought I was a no-name developer using the wrong channels just to be told off for wanting to use a Nintendo IP

MisterSpo

One Winged Slayer
Feb 12, 2019
Up to HR 50. Not sure if I'll get round to the next quest today, but Monster Hunter Rise, at 118 hours, is now in 3rd spot on my most played Switch games. Overtook Xenoblade DE and Animal Crossing just now, which both must be around 115 hours.

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
We're approaching E3 so there's more and more fake leaks and none of them are even remotely interesting. Really disappointing.

Edengamer25

Aug 29, 2020
Never watched E3 live or was interested in it until 2020, its probably going to be a great experience next week!! And then after i will feel a bit empty lol

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
Up to HR 50. Not sure if I'll get round to the next quest today, but Monster Hunter Rise, at 118 hours, is now in 3rd spot on my most played Switch games. Overtook Xenoblade DE and Animal Crossing just now, which both must be around 115 hours.

I'm up to HR92 and I have 60 hours. You must have played a whole bunch before the HR was unlocked. Both Monster Hunter and Bravely Default II have made it to my top 6 and 7 most played games respectively. The only ones ahead are Xenoblade 2, Breath of the Wild, Fire Emblem Three Houses, Xenoblade 1, and Smash Bros Ultimate.

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
Pokemon-Trading-Card-Game1.jpg

200.gif

I would love to see a Pokemon TCG game on the Switch in the same vein as the TCG game on the GBC. I absolutely loved that game. Venturing around in a world and battling other players and winning/acquiring new cards to build new decks....it was so much fun. Plus the music was amazing.

At the very least, I think the Pokemon TCG Digital version needs a complete reset. There is no iPhone/Android version, despite many other TCGs, including Hearthstone, having them. No competitive ladders/rankings or seasons. Social features pale in comparison to other digital TCGs. Rebuilding the Online TCG with slicker animations, better social features, ladders/ranked play, and releasing for the iPhone/Android would breathe so much new life into it.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
It's really crazy how well theyve protected smash from leaking. All of FP1 did except Byleth and Joker, and now none of FP2 has.

Got a feeling one of the last two is Dante or at least a capcom character

Mr.Fletcher

Nov 18, 2017
UK
Nearly there guys. 2020 was barren in terms of news, with no big info drops from Nintendo and no E3.

We finally got a Direct earlier this year, but I think most people would say it was solid, not spectacular. But It feels like we're due a good showing.

Hoping for a more calm week on here. lol

Christo750

May 10, 2018
It's really crazy how well theyve protected smash from leaking. All of FP1 did except Byleth and Joker, and now none of FP2 has.

Smash is the most fun to look forward to now because of how in the dark we are. It really could be anything at this point.

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
To be fair, these are usually random 4chan posts that nobody pays attention to until after the fact.

Hopefully we won't get any major "mainstream" Nintendo leaks prior to their Direct.
This time we got practicalbush on reddit who already leaked a ton of Nintendo related stuff (including the last Direct). So expect it for the E3 Direct too.

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017

Well Steve and min min were known before hand. In fact Steve was leaked an hour or so-before the reveal. And min-min was teased by many a while before the reveal.

Sephiroth was completely locked
As would've Terry if Nintendo didn't do an oppise lol.

Joker, Byleth and Sephiroth are probably the only ones where nothing was known much about them.

Truno

Unshakable Resolve
Jan 16, 2020

Even the redditor who leaked almost the entirety of the previous direct had no idea who the character was. They should standardize whatever that team is doing to protect their info lol

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
Well Steve and min min were known before hand. In fact Steve was leaked an hour or so-before the reveal. And min-min was teased by many a while before the reveal.

Sephiroth was completely locked
As would've Terry if Nintendo didn't do an oppise lol.

Joker, Byleth and Sephiroth are probably the only ones where nothing was known much about them.
Pyra/Mythra too. Honestly I don't remember min min being widely known. Remember, it was confirmed to be an arms character before her reveal officially. I don't remember it being a surefire sign it was her.

LuckyNumber69

Apr 30, 2021
Zhuge always tweets "subtle hints" an hour before all conferences
Huh, really? Maybe I'm misremembering, but I didn't think Zhuge did that kind of thing right before Directs...

Nevertheless, I feel like Zhuge leaks aren't exactly (Z) huge in terms of gaining widespread exposure and knowledge among fans. So long as any potential leaks of his get properly marked as spoilers, I don't think it'll be a big deal to avoid.
This time we got practicalbush on reddit who already leaked a ton of Nintendo related stuff (including the last Direct). So expect it for the E3 Direct too.
Remind me: who is this? What all have they leaked? Sorry, I don't remember lol

MisterSpo

One Winged Slayer
Feb 12, 2019
We already know Microsoft will leak their own announcements by prematurely updating websites a few hours beforehand and PracticalBrush will leak Nintendo a few hours beforehand.

If you want to avoid leaks, ignore Microsoft's website and PracticalBrush.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
We already know Microsoft will leak their own announcements by prematurely updating websites a few hours beforehand and PracticalBrush will leak Nintendo a few hours beforehand.

If you want to avoid leaks, ignore Microsoft's website and PracticalBrush.
Basically. I'll be avoiding the Internet the day before.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I think the Ninjas are already on Brush's case. Their last MonHun direct leak was done in a roundabout way via a pastebin, and a bunch of their posts have been deleted over Reddit copyright notices. If they end up leaking the E3 Direct they'll probably have to find some backwards way to do it.

Spheromancer

Sep 24, 2020
Does anyone even read the leaks that come out right before the Direct stars? Seems so pointless and a good way to ruin a fun time

Catalyst

Oct 6, 2020
This is partially why I don't really want Strikers to return. I really like Tennis Aces but aside from Origami King and Luigi's Mansion all the Mario spinoffs have a very uniform flavour. This would most likely happen to Mario Strikers 3 as well.

Luigi's Mansion would really be the best analog since it was made by the same studio. Next Level did have to change the artstyle to make it more cartoony than the GC original. But as we all know Luigi's Mansion 2&3 still look fantastic and different enough from the platformers. I think they could do the same thing with Strikers if they had the chance.

Mario Tennis and Golf always looked like generic Mario, that didn't really change.

LuckyNumber69

Apr 30, 2021
Almost the entire last Direct, the content of the last Pokémon Direct and several times Monster Hunter Rise related content.
I see... he's got quite the track record then, yeah?

I suppose all we can do is hope and pray the Direct doesn't get the hell leaked out of it (or vice versa for those who want leaks lol) whether it be by Mr. Brush or anyone else. If it does? Then I guess we all need to be extra careful, we're probably gonna need to use the spoiler tags a lot more often in that case!

BozPaggs

One Winged Slayer
Jan 11, 2019
London, United Kingdom
He's mostly doing that again this year. The guy drives me crazy.
Might sound a little self serving, but I think you (among others) are too hard on him. Sure he's a bit over keen and that can be grating (especially if you're a jaded bitter ars*hole like me), but the dude just loves games and wants to spread that joy. Some of y'all treat him like some nefarious character, it's really not that deep. I know it's easy to meme on the guy, essentially my whole identity here other than Metroid, but I'm not mean spirited about it.

Starphanluke

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 15, 2017
Might sound a little self serving, but I think you (among others) are too hard on him. Sure he's a bit over keen and that can be grating (especially if you're a jaded bitter ars*hole like me), but the dude just loves games and wants to spread that joy. Some of y'all treat him like some nefarious character, it's really not that deep. I know it's easy to meme on the guy, essentially my whole identity here other than Metroid, but I'm not mean spirited about it.

I get what your saying, and I definitely used to agree with you. But in the last couple of years, it has seemed to me that everything he does isn't just out of a love of games, but is a self-serving series of claims to try and boost his own clout in the industry.

I don't hate him or anything. He mostly just annoys me. Not worth much more than an eye roll, imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.