What are you most excited about potentially seeing in the coming weeks?

• The Sequel to the Breath of the Wild

Votes: 468 36.0%
  • 3D Donkey Kong

Votes: 121 9.3%
  • Metroid 5

Votes: 176 13.5%
  • Pikmin 4

Votes: 31 2.4%
  • Fire Emblem

Votes: 43 3.3%
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 3

Votes: 119 9.2%
  • Switch Pro Hardware

Votes: 342 26.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cubs017

Mar 16, 2020
Pro Exclusives are still going to be rare. Companies will want to market their games to 100 million people, not 10-20 million.

Suswave

Aug 11, 2020
Alright, here's a question to help pass the time: which is one third party IP that you strongly associate with Nintendo and wish they would acquire?

For me it would be Mega Man. Can you imagine a Mega Man platformer (2D or 3D, but mainly 3D) developed from the ground up by Nintendo EPD?

c30nie72dz311.jpg
I don't wish for acquisitions, especially not by Nintendo. That shit's alllll haunted.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Those are actual new systems though. The Pro is only an upgrade. I dunno, I just don't see it. And why port RDR2 instead of GTAV? Storage is a problem for both so that's not the reason.

Consider this:
It's an upgrade for first party games and indies
It's a new console for big publishers with AAA games.

We know that there are games that's exclusive to Pro, and that's because they can't run on base Switch. We don't know what they are, could be RDR2, or Assassin's Creed Valhalla. Or Jedi Fallen Order. What we know is whatever it is gonna be big in size regardless. PS4 AAA games all are huge. And we know that some number of them are coming to Pro.

coolcam52

Jan 14, 2019
I'm surprised by how little some of you guys need for a 9 or 10/10 direct at the moment. For me a direct's quality varies a lot based on what's already been announced elsewhere. Right now there are 0 new games for the second half of the year, and we're coming off of the weakest year I can remember for Nintendo. If they come out with just Metroid and BotW2 gameplay, maybe that would've satisfied me in E3 2019 but not right now.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Pro Exclusives are still going to be rare. Companies will want to market their games to 100 million people, not 10-20 million.

With what?

Third parties are moving on to PS5 generation, they will ignore 100 million people regardless of Switch Pro. A painful example here: Tales of Arise.

Suswave

Aug 11, 2020
Haha yeah, I think someone found my old avi a while back. Maybe a Metroid related Geoff for the occasion.
whatever avatar you end up with (and I'm more than happy to be involved), I feel like there should be a touch of ascension going on. you've weathered the storm, and now the Geofftroid rises to heights unforeseen!

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
I'm surprised by how little some of you guys need for a 9 or 10/10 direct at the moment. For me a direct's quality varies a lot based on what's already been announced elsewhere. Right now there are 0 new games for the second half of the year, and we're coming off of the weakest year I can remember for Nintendo. If they come out with just Metroid and BotW2 gameplay, maybe that would've satisfied me in E3 2019 but not right now.
There's way too many games to play and so little free time.

all I ever need is one game I like for a good direct.

Meelow

Oct 31, 2017
What day next week do you think the Switch Pro/E3 plans will be announced?

I'm thinking Tuesday.

May 1, 2021
Wow! I finally made it to the up to date page! 32 pages already, it was at 4 when I went to sleep! I feel like there is so much hype are Nintendo right now. I am feeling good about next week and E3. Wish I could just see into the future. For me a 9/10 E3 sounds amazing. All I really want to see is BOTW 2 and I will be happy tbh.

Estizzle

Jan 14, 2019
I'm a simple guy. Show me Xenoblade Chronicles 3 or Fossil Fighters 4 and it's already a 9/10 in my books.
Also there's a lot of other games like that but I don't want to make a big list

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Are we still expecting a Pokémon Direct? If it's going to happen, it's probably next week
Nah. I think the Pokémon stuff will be saved for E3.

You know I wanted to suggest Nintendo could some different things each day of E3 or at least a couple days, but with hints of them waiting until the end to do their Direct, then it wouldn't be possible.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Are we still expecting a Pokémon Direct? If it's going to happen, it's probably next week
Of course. They announced release dates, but still haven't shown any new footage for BDSP or Legends. The eShop also says that pre-orders and NSO voucher redemption for them will be available soon, so I assume they're waiting for a full news drop in the coming weeks.

There's also Unite to consider; they're going to show that game again soon. Probably have one or two other bits of Pokemon news to throw in, and there, you have a presentation.

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
This thread will slow down slightly once the Switch Pro is finally announced but it will kick back up into overdrive as people return to here after getting annoyed with all the hot takes in the announcement thread.

Polioliolio

Nov 6, 2017
Somehow I haven't sat down with Diddy's Kong Quest since I rented it for a weekend as a kid, and now that I have finally given it my full attention, I have to say, I had no idea it was so cruel in its difficulty.
I love DKC and just figured DKC2 was more of the same... but the design philosophies are completely different.

I'm enjoying it in some regard (I do find difficult games entertaining too), but it's like I lost something that I thought existed all this time, a more relaxed DKC2 that was just as laid back and fun as the first game. To learn, decades later, that this game is a stress filled skill check in almost every level is disappointing to me. I consider myself at an above average skill level.. I'm making my way through it, but it's infuriating at times, the levels go on way too long compared with the first game, as screen after screen of increasingly difficult 'traps' lay before you. There's fun and satisfaction to be had, but I'm sad to learn DKC2 is a game that will turn away 85% of players because it's just too damned hard.

I know a lot of people are in love with it. I respect it in it's tight and cruel design, I've enjoyed kaizo games before, but not for this. It's just too rough, and I really feel like a better game died as I discovered what this really was.

edit: Uh, is this not a thread for super nintendo talk? Is this an E3 thread?

TonyDaExpert

May 29, 2018
I am a simple person.
10/10 E3 for me would be
Show BOTW 2 with switch pro visuals,
New Xenoblade,
end it off with a new Mario Kart.
Bonus Points:
New Starfox Game (unlikely but whatever)
New Monolith IP
Mario Strikers (unlikely)
Majoras Mask/OOT HD.... or 4k? :p haha

HMS_Pinafore

Oct 25, 2017
Straya M8
People are saying post less but Nintendo announcements work on Santa Claus Logic, the more we believe and hype up an announcement for today the more likely it will be real

Spheromancer

Sep 24, 2020

No shot lol BOTW2 and Metroid gameplay would be considered a huge win regardless

Dragoncaine

Jun 5, 2019
Damn this thread is going fast lately. What's the vibe, should I keep my eyes on the news or take a weekend off?
Get some rest this weekend before we spontaneously combust with hype next week.
The Switch Pro and E3 speculation/leaks has caused me to become a regular (even just in lurking, if not regularly posting) in this thread for the fourth time.

The first was Jan-Mar 2020, when Direct speculation was rampant.
The second was July 2020, when we all expected a July 20 Direct.
The third was September 2020, during the Mario 35th Direct days.
And now here we are, before E3 and I'm baaaaaack
And we're glad you are!
there is precedent for it

AND it was 13 and 13-2

I support twentE3 and twentE3-2
You have my sword
What day next week do you think the Switch Pro/E3 plans will be announced?

I'm thinking Tuesday.
Definitely Chewsday for me

carlosfilho

Feb 3, 2021
Of course. They announced release dates, but still haven't shown any new footage for BDSP or Legends. The eShop also says that pre-orders and NSO voucher redemption for them will be available soon, so I assume they're waiting for a full news drop in the coming weeks.

There's also Unite to consider; they're going to show that game again soon. Probably have one or two other bits of Pokemon news to throw in, and there, you have a presentation.

They certainly have enough material to make a presentation of their own. It was weird that they decided to announce Legends' and BDSP's release dates beforehand, though. They could have done this on their Direct.

If one is to happen, it will happen after the revision's announcement. If they can, they will show Arceus there and not on the original hardware.

Another Pokémon Legends video before the Pro announcement indeed wouldn't make sense if it's going to be one of the showcase games for the revision. This is a game that would definitely benefit from a hardware boost.

Status
Not open for further replies.