• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leo

Oct 27, 2017
It not being based on the mobile versions doesn't mean it's the ideal to me. Like, FF4 and FF3 DS/mobile/PC should really be in these. The PSP versions or GBA versions of FF1-2 should be in this. The GBA versions of 5 and 6.

If we just get the SNES versions with nothing on top that's going to be so annoying.

The original FF3 doesn't even have a translation, I doubt they would go through the work of doing it.

I also don't think they would have the original versions of I, II, V and VI because they are full of inaccurate translations and old names that aren't used anymore (Fire 2 instead of Fira, etc).

I think I and II will be the PSP versions, III and IV the DS, but I'm not sure about V and VI. Ideally, they would be the SNES originals with the GBA translation, but might not bother and and just use the GBA ROMs.

Zaiven

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 12, 2019
FF Collection, if it even exists (and I won't believe until I see it, and maybe not even then), will be ports of the originals with updated translations. There's zero reason to expect it to be any more than that. If it even exists at all.

hologram

Jun 30, 2020
Is Diablo 4 expected to come to Switch? I don't particularly care for the series but I know a lot of people do and this game looks pretty cool

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
So the september has:

Sonic Colors
Diablo 2 Resurrection
Ninokuni 2
Hot Wheels Unleashed.

Shaping up to be a good month.

Deleted member 43657

User requested account closure
Banned
May 19, 2018
They should re-release the original FF games (I-VI) just to have some consistency with spell names a la Dragon Quest.

Aether

Jan 6, 2018
If there is a FF Collection, i expect it to be in the vein of the other collections: rom dumps with slight updates on translation, savestates and stuff.
I would wish for it to be real reworks (wodescreen, filtering options, backporting later dungeons to the original game, speed up options, ...),
but i dont think that will happen.

That was Swans - Lunacy on the Plague Tale Trailer... did not expect to ever hear a swans track in a major gaming conference =O

Dolce

Oct 25, 2017
That was Swans - Lunacy on the Plague Tale Trailer... did not expect to ever hear a swans track in a major gaming conference =O

They've gotten pretty big since their return. Only weirdos listened to them back in the 90s and early 2000s but they're the kind of band you see a lot nowadays.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
jfc 2022 is going to be packed, with Nintendo's mainly covering 2021 I guess they'll dominate the second half of this year

Catalyst

Oct 6, 2020
People have been saying for a long time that Covid's biggest impact on development will be for games in mid-late 2021, so it makes sense that everything's 2022.

Aether

Jan 6, 2018
They've gotten pretty big since their return. Only weirdos listened to them back in the 90s and early 2000s but they're the kind of band you see a lot nowadays.
I mean, even after the return and the big press they still are not mainstream, still needing to crowdfund production of new albums. Also im pissed that corona made mi miss a concert, since theyre not that often here...

but yeah, the feel of that trailer actually matched that track pretty well, and it seems that even the lyrics fitfor how it seems.

Goldenh

Feb 9, 2020
But yea i feel like this year will remain pretty empty. Next year will be way too packed. I wonder if Nintendo will be able to place some other great games this year. Botw would totally benefit on being this year cause like... nothing is coming out and it would have a highway by itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.