• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MisterSpo

One Winged Slayer
Feb 12, 2019
I feel like the total lack of supplemental commentary is unhelpful. Appreciating that the Directs provide that.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I just saw the Washington Post leaked the Starfield trailer ahead of time. What's going on with Nintendo and now Wapo lol

Aether

Jan 6, 2018
just not my thing, but i was always a nintendo/sony/indie guy, and kinnda felt wron when there was hype about bethesta or microsoft stuff, so to be expected.

Once again: there was a square leak? has somebody a link for me?

Mr.Fletcher

Nov 18, 2017
UK
?????

I'm loving this.
Really? I'm not an Xbox guy but I feel like it's pretty good tbh
Completely disagree, the pacing is fantastic

Microsoft, who haven't released a notable game since the gen launched, kicked things off with a plethora of 2022 games, CGI trailers and third party games I can play elsewhere.

Yakuza - a game that was there at launch - is on Game Pass? Cool. The Sea of Thieves stuff was cool, but yeah...

Happy that you guys are enjoying this, but I'm not impressed at all so far. it's a slick production, no doubt.

Still, I'm sure it all comes down to taste.

hologram

Jun 30, 2020
Microsoft, who haven't released a notable game since the gen launched, kicked things off with a plethora of 2022 games, CGI trailers and third party games I can play elsewhere.

Yakuza - a game that was there at launch - is on Game Pass? Cool. The Sea of Thieves stuff was cool, but yeah...

Happy that you guys are enjoying this, but I'm not impressed at all so far. it's a slick production, no doubt.

Still, I'm sure it all comes down to taste.
I think "I can play elsewhere" is not the right way to look at it - all of these games can be played on Game Pass. For anybody who has GP, this is a whole bunch of games they won't have to pay extra for. For anybody who is considering GP, this is a hell of an enticement.

Also, weren't there only two 2022 games at the start? That's not too bad. Maybe not the best place to put them but whatever

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
This is a great show so far but outside of Psychonauts 2 and Twelve Minutes nothing excites me immediately. Good to know that there will be even more stuff for me to play once I resubscribe to GP.

hologram

Jun 30, 2020
Hades on Xbox and Game Pass! I'm super happy for Supergiant Games, they really deserve all this success

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
What's been everyone's favourite indie game at E3 so far?
I really like the look of Hunt the Night, which seems like a mix of LTTP and various 2D Souls-type gameplay ideals.
www.thesixthaxis.com

Hunt the Night announced, a retro-styled dark fantasy action-adventure | TheSixthAxis

Hunt the Night has been announced for a worldwide release, bringing its 16-bit action-adventure dark fantasy to PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch

Old developer interview talking about influences here (Secret of Mana, Bloodborne also cited)
www.obilisk.co

Interview with Hunt the Night developer Moonlight Games - Obilisk

When I hear the games Bloodborne, The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, and The Secret of Mana mentioned in the same breath ...

Soundtrack is by Hiroki Kikuta, the composer of Secret of Mana.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's a nice paced show. Basically what I expected so far from them. Nothing mind blowing or new for this year from Microsoft

Mr.Fletcher

Nov 18, 2017
UK
I think "I can play elsewhere" is not the right way to look at it - all of these games can be played on Game Pass. For anybody who has GP, this is a whole bunch of games they won't have to pay extra for. For anybody who is considering GP, this is a hell of an enticement.

Also, weren't there only two 2022 games at the start? That's not too bad. Maybe not the best place to put them but whatever

Let's see how it all comes together. For me, personally, Game Pass isn't a service that makes up for having no software I want to play.

But that's just me and I understand that perspective isn't one everyone will share.

Status
Not open for further replies.