bytesized

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Amsterdam
Barely started with the game and it seems like it's going to be good, I see a lot of potential in it, but so far everything I played is the same levels I've seen in videos so that has lessened a lot the wow factor so far. Wish I had gone on media blackout for this one...

Mhaz

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Man, I really want Amiibo or figures (of some kind) of the Broodals. I love their design.

honavery

Oct 27, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
Played about an hour right when I got home. Loving it so far, had a huge smile plastered on my face the whole time. Seriously everything I wanted from a new 3D Mario, it's wonderful.

NervousXtian

Oct 27, 2017
That dinosaur.. goddamn.. didn't read shit about this game.. didn't expect that at all. Pretty cool. How do you get to that high spot just past the waterfall after you knockdown the bridge. Like across from the skyship you need to power up.

Fushin

Oct 27, 2017
Since midnight I played an hour before work and have been playing it non stop since I got home. Absolutely love this game.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Surprisingly ran across all the amiibo at Target tonight, had to pick up the peach one.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
So is there no way to know how many total purple coins you have earned in a region without actually doing the math of amount I spent in the store already + whatever the number the counter is currently saying?

correojon

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
OMG just completed one quest in NDC and couldn´t stop grinning for all it´s duration, this game truly is a Mario celebration.

So is there no way to know how many total purple coins you have earned in a region without actually doing the math of amount I spent in the store already + whatever the number the counter is currently saying?
I think that when looking at the map or list the total number is shown.

Maiden Voyage

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This fucking game. It is SO good. It has no right being this good and weird and strange and utterly enjoyable but here we fucking are.

correojon

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
BTW, that quote of one citizen in NDC, something like:
They always said we were doooomed and now they´re right!!

LOL

LoneScone

Oct 27, 2017
Was able to play for about 45 minutes today and thought the game was just pure joy. Looking forward to really getting into it tomorrow.

Sylar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New donk city was a bad level. Really boring design and platforming. The payoff was ok though

MassiveNights

Oct 25, 2017
I avoided Lake Kingdom because fuck swimming but I had such a great time there, it was so peaceful and relaxing looking around for stuff.

Oct 27, 2017
First ever post on ResetEra and it is deservedly dedicated to Super Mario Odyssey. What a game. I've played for five hours this evening and I've had a blast.

I'm actually scared of blitzing through the game too quickly. I want to experience this joy for a long time.

Andrew J

Oct 26, 2017
The Adirondacks
Played for a bit tonight, got up to the first story quest Power Moon in Tostarena.

I can already tell it has that same gripping quality BotW had, where if I don't force myself to put it down I could find myself going for a long, long time.

ann3nova.

Oct 27, 2017
I am so impressed with the OT's, TheMoon. I praised you from the a far land of Twitter and I'm glad I can praise you from Era now. ^_^

eric_b

Oct 27, 2017
I have only played about 45 minutes but I find the game super, super good.

What's this about bullet bill controls? I found it fine. Also, I'm playing with a pro controller and it seems fine, but I guess I have to wait until I hit more difficult levels to get to a point of frustration with the motion control implementation.

Monogatari

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Do you think they could have done something more to fix the jaggies, or would they have had to compromise some of the game to do that?

Unless my memory is hazy feels like the jaggies are more visible on this than they were in 3D World.

It doesn't detract from the game in anyway, but it is rather noticeable, especially in the first few kingdoms.

ParityBit

Oct 25, 2017
So ...... this game is something else. I am really loving it, as is my 4 year old son who wants nothing but to watch me play.

Downhome

Oct 27, 2017
This daddy is gonna teach my 3 month old baby girl right!

abc692c5-f7fc-47a1-aiojcf.jpeg

correojon

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
My only complaint so far is that some secret challenges are a bit far from a checkpoint, so if you fail them you usually have to repeat "a lot" of stuff before getting to the challenge itself. This is specially bad when the challenge has a bottomless pit so any mistake means you have to start over. Some more shortcuts would´ve been nice.

New donk city was a bad level. Really boring design and platforming. The payoff was ok though
Huh? It may be my faovrite level so far, so many ways to use Mario´s full moveset to parkour the crap out of the city!

Pineconn

Oct 27, 2017
Ohio
Checking in to say that this game is sick. Only midway through Tostarena so far, but man it's nice to play a nonlinear Mario game again.

Can't wait to progress further!

MassiveNights

Oct 25, 2017
I loved New Donk City

I couldn't stop grining at the bit when

You get chased by a T-Rex on a scooter, wtf Nintendo!

Oct 27, 2017
Picked up my copy before I went into work, get off in 3 hours. Can't wait to binge this until I fall asleep. I was pleasteny surprised that Best Buy was giving out those posters. The store I went to didn't do a midnight opening.

Deleted member 12933

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Only one of our two copies showed up from Amazon today. So my son has put in a couple of hours so far while I've been waiting until his bedtime.

Jdevil99

Oct 27, 2017
I'm amazed at how uncontrollably addicted I am to finding as many moons in each region before moving on. It worries me that I'm never going to finish it before Xenoblade 2 at this point. But in all seriousness, game is a true masterpiece and how much wonder and amazement they crammed into each place you visit.....and number of moons, is insane. Nintendo being Nintendo is a recipe for a permanent smile on my face, from start screen to end credits. This game is another win for Mario and big N.