What's your TOP TWO favorite features of the new update?

• Super World Maker

Votes: 63 71.6%
  • The Koopalings

Votes: 12 13.6%
  • New Power-Ups and Headwear

Votes: 34 38.6%
  • The SMB2 Mushroom

Votes: 34 38.6%
  • The Cursed Key & Phantos

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • ON/OFF Blocks & ON/OFF Trampoline in 3D World

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • Mechakoopas

Votes: 6 6.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

FirstandYew

Oct 28, 2017
Just wanted to jump into it after skimming through the tutorial. Think it's a good challenge for a short course:

Shell-Shock Hop - 53F-9LV-RYF

skullwaker

Oct 25, 2017
After finishing story mode, I just spent some time making my first course! It's nothing special but I feel a lot more comfortable with the tools now. I'm open to any critique and advice because I know this is pretty basic, haha.

Ring a Bell?

1P7-R3M-MVF

D-SvR6HUIAU8HY7.jpg:large

denx

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
This is my second level. It's called Movin On (I suck at names). It's meant to be played after A Level for Newbies, so you could consider it 1-2 in the world I'm making. It's primarily about keeping momemtum. Getting to the end should be straightforward, but if you go for the 10 coin towards the end, things could get hectic.

9P7-XCL-PTG

Hope you guys enjoy it!

Niosai

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I made my first level: Little 'ol Troll. It's exactly what it sounds like, but it's short and sweet if anyone wants to give it a shot! Let me know what you think!

993-R4D-HRF

Deleted member 8791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Just finished GrandPooBear's shell jump practise course! Yesterday I had never even tried shell jumping before but it's not as bad as it looks. Even did the double shell jump one in just ten minutes.

I'll probs make a SMW kaizo level after I'm done with my current one as an excuse to get even more practise.

Deleted member 34725

User-requested account closure
Banned
Nov 28, 2017
Just finished my first level. It's a fairly straightforward Kaizo level with nothing too demanding. Feel free to check it out:

340-S5Y-8SF

OP
OP

Deleted member 26156

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I can't believe Nintendo just packaged the best 2D Mario campaign alongside SMM2.

WOW Story Mode surpassed my expectations by a fair margin.

Tzarscream

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Man, I am seriously debating getting this, but I'm worried because it's because it just released and there's a zeitgeist....

poptire

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Some of the dialogue in this game is laugh out loud funny. Pretty much everything the Eraser character says is gold.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I wonder how nintendo determines how your levels get chosen to play.. I also wonder why none of my levels have had a single attempt.

OP
OP

Deleted member 26156

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Friendly reminder that submissions for the first Official Level Competition ends this Friday!

See this post for all the details on how to enter. It's really easy to!

(btw I decided that future competitions will be held in a separate thread, which will go up at some point after this competition ends. for right now though, it'd be too much of a pain to swap threads mid-competition)

ferunnico

Oct 29, 2017
I wonder how nintendo determines how your levels get chosen to play.. I also wonder why none of my levels have had a single attempt.
You might have answered your own question. Apparently levels only get entered into the rotation after at least one person has played them. At least that's what people seem to have observed anecdotally.

OP
OP

Deleted member 26156

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Looking at the competition post above? Consider also checking out my new level:

Cold Metal Claws Revise
ID: HXY-GW5-NYG

Get through a chilling ravine without touching the ground! There's tons of claws to help you through, but watch out for icicles.
Bonus: Beat the stage in under 25 seconds!

Last edited:

karkii

Oct 25, 2017
I think I found a new weekend morning routine for myself. Just spent the morning drinking coffee and going through this thread and playing people's levels. Pretty chill.

Good levels in this thread too!

Forkball

Oct 25, 2017
Ok new level. My first one was too long, but I think this one could probably be completed in less than a minute.
CXD-KH0-02H

Some of you were nice enough to play my old level so I wanna go through this thread and see what everyone has made.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
I really have to praise the multiplayer versus mode. When it works, it's absolute fantastic and I would've never thought that in a million years.
Maybe I just had luck to almost always play on fantastic multiplayer maps, but so far every map I've played on was made for multiplayer and some had very awesome concepts. Really digging that.

Roytheone

Oct 25, 2017
You might have answered your own question. Apparently levels only get entered into the rotation after at least one person has played them. At least that's what people seem to have observed anecdotally.

That seems like a... pretty weird way of handling it. It means that people are basically forced to Post their level outside of the game or get extremely lucky with someone being in the most recent tab. That can't be how Nintendo intends for it to work.... Can it?

NeuroCloud

Banned
Jun 10, 2019
Does anyone know any proven A-grade creators from the first game I could follow in this one?

I'd love to play levels from people who are highly experienced so I can pay attention to their design techniques and improve upon my own as I dive deeper into this game.

Also, are there many YouTube content providers (or reviewers) who have shared their Maker ID for people to follow? It would be interesting to play levels from people with a platform where I can follow their thought process in some way so I can learn.

Ximonz

Oct 30, 2017
Taiwan
This is my second level. It's called Movin On (I suck at names). It's meant to be played after A Level for Newbies, so you could consider it 1-2 in the world I'm making. It's primarily about keeping momemtum. Getting to the end should be straightforward, but if you go for the 10 coin towards the end, things could get hectic.

9P7-XCL-PTG

Hope you guys enjoy it!

haha, got the cheese at the pipe toward goal. should block that :P

dazeus

Feb 11, 2019
Submission for ResetEra's Official LevelCompetition

A Chaotic Cloud
5RY-QFW-S6G

Theme: SMW
Sky at night

Oct 25, 2017
Bucn9wi.jpg

Finished my fourth and latest level. I'm hopefully gonna do a series of themed levels in the same circle-series that get progressively harder the better I get at the game. This one is probably my hardest level yet - it took me around 30 mins to clear. Probably not for everyone, but if you enjoy a challenge give it a shot. It's mostly centered around the spin jump in various forms, but there's some other stuff in there as well. Hope you enjoy it!

Y94-VLW-1XG

Ximonz

Oct 30, 2017
Taiwan
That seems like a... pretty weird way of handling it. It means that people are basically forced to Post their level outside of the game or get extremely lucky with someone being in the most recent tab. That can't be how Nintendo intends for it to work.... Can it?

I think it is just too many levels being uploaded, when I renew the most recent uploaded levels section
it still shows the date at 6/28,
that's 2 days off.

OP
OP

Deleted member 26156

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Ya da best. If you need help keeping it up to date just say.
Wait, I misread your request a bit. What's in the OT is just a big spreadsheet people can add their level to via a form. It probably has some, but definitely not all the levels in this thread. I wouldn't have time to manually compile every level in this thread, but if you'd like to collaborate on something, DM me. :)

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
I have started to try to create a level and I have a question.
In each level, are there only two areas (primary and secondary)? And is it mandatory that the beginning and the ending points must be both in the primary area?

ferunnico

Oct 29, 2017
Wait, I misread your request a bit. What's in the OT is just a big spreadsheet people can add their level to via a form. It probably has some, but definitely not all the levels in this thread. I wouldn't have time to manually compile every level in this thread, but if you'd like to collaborate on something, DM me. :)
Yeah, I thought about going back through the thread and adding all the levels that are not on the list, but it would be a ton of work to look up every level's game style and tags. And maybe some people just don't want their level on the list for whatever reason (though in that case I could always remove it afterwards of course).

So if anyone here plays and likes another Era user's level that isn't on the list already, feel free to add it yourself!

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

9P7-XCL-PTG

Hope you guys enjoy it!
Neat. The 10 coin got me, I underestimated how close it was to the bullet bill launcher
I made my first level: Little 'ol Troll. It's exactly what it sounds like, but it's short and sweet if anyone wants to give it a shot! Let me know what you think!

993-R4D-HRF
Couldn't figure out how to get past the big gap with the coins going up to the pipe, invisible blocks somewhere?
Just finished my first level. It's a fairly straightforward Kaizo level with nothing too demanding. Feel free to check it out:

340-S5Y-8SF
I did my best, couldn't get very far though. Never been a kaizo player though I love watching them
Attempted to make a Boss Rush stage...
Main word here is attempt
WGW-N0F-69G
You can get softlocked in the magikoopa room if they shoot the item block and turn it into a goomba, which must happen a lot given how they attack you when you enter the room. Also thought it was funny how the room you put the boss music in was by far the easiest. I ended up dying trying to jump across the gap after the bully, curiosity killed the cat
Looking at the competition post above? Consider also checking out my new level:

Cold Metal Claws Revise
ID: HXY-GW5-NYG

Get through a chilling ravine without touching the ground! There's tons of claws to help you through, but watch out for icicles.
Bonus: Beat the stage in under 25 seconds!

I liked the idea but I found it to be too cramped. Personally I hate, hate bonking against blocks, I'd rather die against a spike than die because I bonked the ceiling, so there were several points that annoyed me that felt like they didn't need to
Ok new level. My first one was too long, but I think this one could probably be completed in less than a minute.
CXD-KH0-02H

Some of you were nice enough to play my old level so I wanna go through this thread and see what everyone has made.

Wonderful little level. Having the platforms spin around the firebar was a nice element and throwing the icicles on top made it fairly tough

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
People on reddit have been doing some testing and it seems levels won't appear in Endless unless they have at least 1 play. This is likely to weed out people mass spamming troll levels, or very low quality quickly made stages

So it kind of sucks for people who don't share every single level they make on social media. Other than that it's hoping someone tries it when it appears in the "new" section

Feb 15, 2018
7DK-H30-29G - 1st attempt - 3 red coins

My first level. It's nothing amazing (obviously), but appears to be a sensibly challenging level. No pixel perfect jumping etc, just a small selection of enemies and the aforementioned 3 coins (minimal observation skills required).

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
People on reddit have been doing some testing and it seems levels won't appear in Endless unless they have at least 1 play. This is likely to weed out people mass spamming troll levels, or very low quality quickly made stages

So it kind of sucks for people who don't share every single level they make on social media. Other than that it's hoping someone tries it when it appears in the "new" section
That makes sense to me. Neither of my levels so far had any plays before I shared them on here.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

I've first cleared one or two in endless mode, one was a very easy course in Super Expert. It definitely doesn't seem to happen often though, might be nice if they had a playlist dedicated to levels without plays since things will fall off the new tab after a couple of hours

Jocchan

Oct 25, 2017
Silent Hill
Remade one of my more popular levels from SMM1:

714sgjJ.png

Before & After The Apocalypse (PRK-JV4-K0G)
Description:
Switch between present time and a dark future ravaged by the P Virus!
Tags: Puzzle-solving, Themed

Features:
- Time travel/dual world mechanics
- Five big coins hidden throughout the level
- The fifth coin itself requires finding five pink coins hidden around
- A ton of extra polish, and some new SMM2 features

Last edited: