What's your TOP TWO favorite features of the new update?

• Super World Maker

Votes: 63 71.6%
  • The Koopalings

Votes: 12 13.6%
  • New Power-Ups and Headwear

Votes: 34 38.6%
  • The SMB2 Mushroom

Votes: 34 38.6%
  • The Cursed Key & Phantos

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • ON/OFF Blocks & ON/OFF Trampoline in 3D World

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • Mechakoopas

Votes: 6 6.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Relix

Oct 25, 2017
I will be playing many of the levels here :). I've made 4, not probably good but here they are if anyone wants to try them out:
36W TKN BVF
FC7 F0Y BMF
9HD JP9 PPF
CGR S2D D8G

OwensboroEsq

Oct 25, 2017
Super Mario World not doing the circle zoom in on level completion is a crime that needs to be fixed. Come on, Nintendo!

Anacaona

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Posting again since all I want is the costumes

It's a basic level, no troll or anything. Jungle theme.

PPX-JHL-KQF

Phil32

Oct 28, 2017
Level 2-3 is a ghost house in the NSMBU style. I don't know how tricky the exit is, so please let me know what you think about it.

EDIT: Changed things up so new code: RLG-XBS-M7G

d-sn0a9vuaevqt69hkyh.jpg

Last edited:

ViperViking

Jan 15, 2019
Is changeable backgrounds an unlockable thing or something I'm missing? I played one of the popular courses rn (Suntouch Sanctuary - J8K-JP3-CYG) and when you go through a pipe there's a whole different background that is definitely not a semi-solid platform!

Blindy

Nov 16, 2017
Finished the campaign excellent stuff. Had enough challenge wasn't anything too crushing.

Tried a popular user made course too really liked it. Going to give it a shot in making a course.

Phil32

Oct 28, 2017
Here's one I thought about doing ever since we've known about vertical sub-areas. I played with the idea of using auto-scroll on it, and it is doable (in slow, at least), but ultimately decided against it.

Here it is:

Tetris
K7L-DQL-LVF

Very, very glad you didn't add auto-scrolling. haha

TheBored23

Aug 10, 2018
I wanted to do something along the lines of Sonic level design, with multiple "levels" that take varying skill to reach and stay upon. It's short, and not particularly difficult (especially compared to the torture devices posted here) but there's a pink coin placement I'm particularly fond of.
amSqhx4.jpg

Phil32

Oct 28, 2017
I wanted to do something along the lines of Sonic level design, with multiple "levels" that take varying skill to reach and stay upon. It's short, and not particularly difficult (especially compared to the torture devices posted here) but there's a pink coin placement I'm particularly fond of.
amSqhx4.jpg

I commented that I really liked the aesthetics and the multiple paths. I found all three red coins, but not without having to turn back from the end to get the one in the pipe sub-area. :)

NeuroCloud

Banned
Jun 10, 2019
amSqhx4.jpg

That was a joy to play, especially by collecting the red coins. More Sonic levels, please!

Sky harbor was an excellent design too, I'll play your other levels when you make them.

Last edited:

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
RYU is like the most popular MM streamer.
Just saw him play my level in his 6 hour stream video. Glad he liked it, it was funny seeing him be so cautious about ridiculous traps like out of nowhere thwomps in it. I don't like cheap kills like that, but given that my level seems to have ended up on super expert I can see why he'd be worried lol

OnionPowder

Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Just finished my first ever level. played plenty of mm1 but never actually made a level

Here's the level code

7VV-Q2V-H0G

Shouldn't be too difficult. Level is pretty short, just trying some stuff out with spin jumps.

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
Just saw him play my level in his 6 hour stream video. Glad he liked it, it was funny seeing him be so cautious about ridiculous traps like out of nowhere thwomps in it. I don't like cheap kills like that, but given that my level seems to have ended up on super expert I can see why he'd be worried lol

I'd like to watch that, can you tell me where he is playing your level?

Kirbutashi

Oct 25, 2017
Submission for ResetEra's Official Level Competition

Rr5AA9K.jpg

Was inspired by some story mode levels and a Yamamura video of all things, so I put together a spooky course featuring an abandoned airship. This game is dissolving my weekend haha.

WxUw5iz.jpg

Last edited:

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Worst multiplayer vs experience I've had so far was a level with a ton of trampolines where one of the players kept positioning a trampoline such that literally nobody could advance, then we agree to restart the level and they keep doing it, and ultimately it ends in a timeout

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Second course made, and this one is a little dumber.

Buy a VR Headset in 60 Seconds

CQR-Q6L-V2G

The Total VR Experience in less than a minute, only 399 coins.

scurker

Oct 25, 2017
I like cannons. So I made a level with lot of cannons. It's quick and I put in a couple powerups, but I made sure you could beat it without them. It would just be really hard.

P7R-WNB-QYF

I played this, I liked it! Good choice of theme and I liked that you stuck with one concept.

Power-ups were well hidden, although I did find your key & secret room.

Oct 25, 2017
I went through this thread and downloaded a few courses to check out.

HOWEVER: I couldn't find a way to give these courses a like after playing them! Is there a way to do this with with downloaded courses, or can you only give feedback if you're playing a live course online?

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I went through this thread and downloaded a few courses to check out.

HOWEVER: I couldn't find a way to give these courses a like after playing them! Is there a way to do this with with downloaded courses, or can you only give feedback if you're playing a live course online?
probably only live online. That said you don't need to beat the course to like, just pause, so if you want you could find the courses you wanted to like, like them, then leave immediately

Micro

Oct 28, 2017
I was not hyped for this at all, so it's a fantastic surprise!

I beat New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe yesterday before starting this up. Did not like NSMBU too much, but Super Mario Maker 2 is sooo much more fun. Story mode is so great. The challenges in different styles are so varied and exciting.

A friend of mine into speedrunning and difficult rom-hack streams made a Kaizo style level. Took me hours to beat as I am a complete amateur at Mario, but it made me so much better at the game. Thrown into the fire, and I loved it!

I don't usually like difficult games, but that was a nice change of pace. Ended up making my own level in that style. I'll share it if anyone wants, but it's quite rough as it's the first level I've ever made.

TheBored23

Aug 10, 2018
I commented that I really liked the aesthetics and the multiple paths. I found all three red coins, but not without having to turn back from the end to get the one in the pipe sub-area. :)
That was a joy to play, especially by collecting the red coins. More Sonic levels, please!

Sky harbor was an excellent design too, I'll play your other levels when you make them.
I'm glad you liked them!

Stopdoor

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Getting hot garbage like find all 175 coins with hidden block coins in multiplayer vs is FUN :V

I got a level that was a clever bite-sized game of Pong, but it didn't work at all in multiplayer because the POW Blocks used as "lives" kept respawning because that's a versus mechanic. Everyone was squashed into a tiny space used to move your "paddle". I gave up and decided to spectate to see how long people would bash their heads against the wall, and... whew.

treble

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I made my first level.

It's a little basic, but would love some play testing and feedback - any is welcome as I'm just getting used to the tools and design. Can't wait to keep on making!

36K-GL2-SKG

javac

Oct 28, 2017
Just made my first level, I'm not good at creating levels and it shows but I wanted to make something, I won't get better otherwise! It's super addictive making stuff, already want to make another!

lqagrpI.jpg

Tiamant

Oct 28, 2017
I have created a Snow themed level built around snake blocks and on/off switches.

STyX3la.jpg

I think it came out decent, although in the end I was struggling to end the level without it becoming tedious. Feedback is highly appreciated!

Stopdoor

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Weird there seems to be 119 levels in story mode and not 120. Assuming no one's figured that out yet?

Edit: Oh, I see it was discussed last page, it was that 3rd Yamamura level. Huh.

Askherserenity

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
8jk2LsG_d.jpg

Someone let me know what you think. I needed to just upload it or else I would keep adding/changing stuff and never upload anything.

I've played it so many times I don't know how long or difficult it is anymore. I don't want it to be overly difficult.

Thank you!