What system(s) are you planning to get Street Fighter 6 on?

• PlayStation 5

Votes: 754 46.9%
  • PlayStation 4

Votes: 51 3.2%
  • Xbox Series X|S

Votes: 249 15.5%
  • PC/Steam

Votes: 712 44.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperBoss

Oct 25, 2017
It also comes with 2 stages, but yeah, I was really hoping they'd stick with SFV's season 5 model, where getting the premium pass got you all of the costumes/stages that season. Although, maybe the alt costumes for the base roster can be earned in game?

I don't see why they can't just do this again, that was an incredible idea with SFV and in comparison this just seems...greedy.

KENMASTERS1

Apr 9, 2021
So with Zangief, Cammy, and Lilly left to be shown off. What is Capcom gonna do from now until June?

Assuming that Rashid, Ed, Akuma, and AKI are the first DLC characters, how else are they gonna market this game outside of single-player stuff and betas?

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
So with Zangief, Cammy, and Lilly left to be shown off. What is Capcom gonna do from now until June?

Assuming that Rashid, Ed, Akuma, and AKI are the first DLC characters, how else are they gonna market this game outside of single-player stuff and betas?
We still need an actual showcase for the characters that haven't gotten one. We need character themes released for each one. There are still more Battle Hub elements we don't know about (even if it's just more customization options). There'll probably be at least 2 more betas, one of which will finally be completely open. Then there are the remaining 3 characters in the roster. There's also definitely some more World Tour stuff we're not privy to.

I don't think they'll show off the DLC characters pre-release, though.

00Quan[T]

May 12, 2022

We know very little about 7 characters that were already revealed, showing extensive gameplay for them and other bonus modes is assured.
Also CBT3 and Open Beta.

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
It just occurred to me that Ken is likely working undercover as a construction worker on the SiRN building in Metro City because SiRN is probably the NGO that JP runs. There are also tiny little stylized Ss all over JP's coat, so the letter S must be very significant to him... (Shadaloo?)

Shang

Oct 27, 2017
www.e-capcom.com

『Street Fighter 6 Mad Gear Box』 特設ページ|イーカプコン

ゲームソフト本編とオリジナルグッズが付いた豪華セット『Street Fighter 6 Mad Gear Box』が、イーカプコンで予約受付中!「ルーク」&「キンバリー」のフィギュア,アートブック,ステッカーセットなど盛りだくさん。

Interesting note on the e-Capcom page:
※グッズ(①~⑤)のセット販売、フィギュアの単品販売を後日行う場合がございます。

* Goods (① to ⑤) sold as a set, and the figures may be sold separately at a later date.

Not outright confirmation that they'll be available separately, but seems telling that they single out the figures.

OP
OP
Neoxon

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Interesting note on the e-Capcom page:

* Goods (① to ⑤) sold as a set, and the figures may be sold separately at a later date.

Not outright confirmation that they'll be available separately, but seems telling that they single out the figures.
So I can just wait for the Kimberly figure to come out later.

SinkFla

Oct 26, 2017
Pensacola, Fl
I know we can learn legacy specials (hadouken, etc.) in World Tour for our avatars.... I'm wondering if they'll let us use moves for characters not yet included. Give me my Rolento baton rekka you cowards!!

Aug 26, 2018
米国・日本
Oh so for the transition take foul they don't make the person who got fouled take the FT. Good
1300044776986.jpg

sixteen-bit

Oct 30, 2017
I hope they are sold separately. I'm not super into anime figures but I do know that Popup Parade series are specifically made to be affordable compared to other figure lines.

IntelliHeath

Oct 25, 2017
Ohhh man I think I would be more afraid of you than any Luke player. I think I'm fairly decent at fighting games but in all my 20 plus years of playing them I still get absolutely wrecked by grapplers. Zangief is like a personal demon at this point lol. No matter how much I level up I suck at fighting them lol.

With that said I am very excited for Lily. I need my physics defiant condor dives.

Yes, I found the concept idea I had in my head amusing, knowing that she could flipping all opponents overhead with two sticks she had. And I think she's going to use a wind attack as same way as T-Hawk did with ground smash in Omega mode.

Wait... what about Manon?

I'm not sure if she's a full fledged grappler. It's really hard to tell if she's but she looks fantastic tho!

Scrappy-Fan92

Jan 14, 2021
I wouldn't worry too much about it. SF6 was a known and frequently shown quantity, had screenshots leaked, and was relegated to the pre-show that some people might've missed. It's gradually approaching Final Fantasy XVI territories of exposure (or perhaps it's the other way around).

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
South Central Los Angeles

yallasama

Dec 7, 2022
Capcom trolling us hard with the cover might be the smartest marketing they could've done. I also think it might be some Japanese humor we're not getting. The Deluxe edition looks the worst w/ grey paint on a grey background.

Oct 26, 2017
Luke has a charming personality. His design is just very divisive. I don't mind it, but I don't love it.

Meanwhile, Kimberly and Jamie also have very charming personalities and their designs are not divisive.

Eh... I don't really care for Jamie. He's coming across as someone I'd hate in real life. I much prefer the stoic traditional Chinese martial artist, a lot of the typical bajiquan fighters, but I've never liked anyone doing drunken kung fu. He and Luke deserve one another.

I love Kimberly's style both in her design and as a bushinryu fighter, but you're fooling yourself if you don't think she's divisive among large circles of a certain kind of gamers.

I actually think Bosch might be from Nayshall. A few months ago I speculated that Bosch "seemingly represents a pan-Asian culture that doesn't actually exist, similar to movies like Raya and the Last Dragon," and now we know that the game actually features such a location. His aesthetic even fits JP's stage. Maybe Bosch succumbs to JP's influence in his quest to surpass his rival (your avatar).

Edit: I missed this before, but a sign advertising a bank in the Old Town Market stage says "Nayshall Branch," and the woman in the background is wearing clothing with a pattern very similar to the one on Bosch's bangle.

m19b2Nz.png

I feel two ways about this. It's common to have fictional countries like Wakanda or Latveria to be able to do stuff that might be offensive to an actual country, but it's also leaving out an opportunity to have representation for a smaller region. And also possibly avoiding a clash with China.

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
South Central Los Angeles
I love Kimberly's style both in her design and as a bushinryu fighter, but you're fooling yourself if you don't think she's divisive among large circles of a certain kind of gamers.

Nah, they a vocal minority at best. And not even that vocal on mainstream platforms, tbh. She's generally well received. Luke catches MUCH more flack in general.

OP
OP
Neoxon

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
OP
OP
Neoxon

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Eh... I don't really care for Jamie. He's coming across as someone I'd hate in real life. I much prefer the stoic traditional Chinese martial artist, a lot of the typical bajiquan fighters, but I've never liked anyone doing drunken kung fu. He and Luke deserve one another.

Jamie is actually from Hong Kong. As for Kimberly, JusDoIt already has that point covered.

Smoshow

Oct 25, 2017
Manon looks awesome. Looking forward to seeing more of her kit. Never been a grappler player outside of a pocket Abel to piss off friends in SF4.

Seiniyta

Oct 25, 2017

Yeah no, It's very normal for 3th/4th trailers to get way fewer trailers then a big announcement trailer. At this point the people that are interested in SF6 are aware of it. Also, less people are going to look at your trailer when it's literally called "pre-order" trailer.
Even games with a crazy amount of anticipation it falls off hard.

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if Nayshall is going to be a "premium" location in World Tour like Metro City. We've seen the old market, the temple in the mountains, and the rooftop of a building where you presumably meet JP.

Beta 2 sign-ups end tomorrow
OP
OP
Neoxon

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone been able to identify the terrain from Juri's World Tour introduction cutscene?

plSEKmD.png

None of the revealed stages contain a wet brick road (France has totally different cobblestones), and I haven't spotted one in any of the World Tour footage.

It wouldn't make sense to hold off on the existence of a Korean stage, so I'm thinking it might be England. Those types of cobblestone roads are very stereotypical of England, and it would make sense for an English stage to be rainy and foggy. It would also make sense for Juri and Cammy to associate with one another after the events of SFV.

Status
Not open for further replies.