What system(s) are you planning to get Street Fighter 6 on?

• PlayStation 5

Votes: 754 46.9%
  • PlayStation 4

Votes: 51 3.2%
  • Xbox Series X|S

Votes: 249 15.5%
  • PC/Steam

Votes: 712 44.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

00Quan[T]

May 12, 2022
Yup. This was even telegraphed in Oro's character story.

JP will try to turn your avatar to the dark side, but then you'll come to your senses and defeat him, likely with the help of Luke, Jamie, Kimberly, and Ken.
Well JP is an investor, he invests the psycho power inside people to see how it grows.

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
South Central Los Angeles
Luke has a charming personality. His design is just very divisive. I don't mind it, but I don't love it.

Meanwhile, Kimberly and Jamie also have very charming personalities and their designs are not divisive.

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
Alex sucked
Abel sucked
Rashid sucked

And much like Luke no one will give a damn that their the "main" character soon as the game releases.

SinkFla

Oct 26, 2017
Pensacola, Fl
I don't disagree. I just don't care about Luke overall. If he's Irish then I might give a damn about him but he's just an American coming from military and decide to turn to MMA is just cliche. Only reason why I'm saying this because I just don't like to see misinformation and Neoxon have a history to echo this most of time. I just want to make a correction to that because in several discords, I'm in, he's beloved by most fans.

Taking like 100-200 people's dissatisfaction and go with it being the "evidences" that he's not popular or being hated because it's him being terrible newcomer. There are also another plausible reasonings why he's hated, like how strong he was in competitive-wise/online, and stole the "slot" away from other characters they wanted.

The best evidence would be next popularity poll to see where he is at. (but the issue is that people would vote for people who they wanted to see coming, rather than voting for their favorite.

Very good points and yeah they should've made him Irish. I would've liked that more. I'm in NW Florida, a very red voting area with a military base and I see people that look somewhat like Luke all the damn time. 🤣 FWIW I do like the fullscreen projectile shots just because I'm a goddamn cheap son of a bitch whenever I can be in a fighting game (although I never stooped so low to become a Deadshot player in I2 lol).

I think what hurt him right out of the gate was right before the last DLC character of SFV to be released was announced everyone was hoping for their favorite legacy character and instead here comes Dana White's PPV main event contender.

JusDoIt Kim and Jamie are so goddamn good. I love Jamie more than any SFV newcomer to be honest lol.

Scrappy-Fan92

Jan 14, 2021
I disagree with the line of thought that Rashid is bad. But I also don't think Alex or Abel are bad either. Different strokes for different folks, which is why none of us should be surprised that Luke has a fandom.

GTOAkira

Sep 1, 2018
Interesting how, in world tour, you can combine a character normal sets of moves with differents specials. Like having ryu's normal with guile specials.
Also they're a monster hunter cameo during the food minigames lol.

JBoogieG

Aug 2, 2022
SW Virginia
And they are not putting Luke on the cover because he's liked or a favorite, it's simply because Capcom wants a new face for the franchise to appeal to younger, simple-minded generation.
The most fascinating thing with quotes like this is that in all walks of life you can pretty much find something like this said to EVERY SINGLE YOUNG GENERATION. Without fail. There's even a twitter thread about it.

But, sure, this series definitely came into its own in my big brained generation with it's genius inventions of karate mens, random kicky woman, big russian, army guy, a literal sumo wrestler, monster and an indian fellow spewing fire because of curry.

IntelliHeath

Oct 25, 2017
Very good points and yeah they should've made him Irish. I would've liked that more. I'm in NW Florida, a very red voting area with a military base and I see people that look somewhat like Luke all the damn time. 🤣 FWIW I do like the fullscreen projectile shots just because I'm a goddamn cheap son of a bitch whenever I can be in a fighting game (although I never stooped so low to become a Deadshot player in I2 lol).

I think what hurt him right out of the gate was right before the last DLC character of SFV to be released was announced everyone was hoping for their favorite legacy character and instead here comes Dana White's PPV main event contender.

JusDoIt Kim and Jamie are so goddamn good. I love Jamie more than any SFV newcomer to be honest lol.

Yeah, Irish would be nice since there is no character coming from Ireland in Street Fighter universe yet since I'm all about more regions being covered in the game. That's rough with your location. I don't like to face against Luke. I always get choked with that damned full screen projectiles as grapplers (like Zangief, Abigail).

I really hope that Zangief and Lily comes through with their moves since they're more likely to be only two grapplers in the roster.

PalaceMidas

May 19, 2018
I don't have an issue with Luke himself necessarily (other than him being a bit bland) but I do think slapping him on the front cover solo, for an ensemble game is a little… ehh.

There's enough bland white men covering a lot of games, it's not the greatest representation of this game and its pretty fantastic looking new roster.

IntelliHeath

Oct 25, 2017
Alex sucked
Abel sucked
Rashid sucked

And much like Luke no one will give a damn that their the "main" character soon as the game releases.

Nope, Yeah, No Way.

Alex is great, and his rivalry intro with Hugo is amazing.

Abel as main character kinda sucks, and his personality is pretty weak but make sense since he's a clone. But his moveset is fun and his combo is fun to pull off, and it's always fun to watch JuiceBox handling him.

Rashid is amazing, and I will not have this with you shitting on him.

00Quan[T]

May 12, 2022
I like Luke's abilities, having a delayed explosion punch is my jam.
The character design itself isn't that great though.

KidAAlbum

Nov 18, 2017
Man, to think we get that beautiful Dee Jay stage and the beautiful Manon stage. I love that they added the blue rollercoaster for some stage color contrast. I love coasters too so that's probably my favorite stage thus far.

SinkFla

Oct 26, 2017
Pensacola, Fl
Yeah, Irish would be nice since there is no character coming from Ireland in Street Fighter universe yet since I'm all about more regions being covered in the game. That's rough with your location. I don't like to face against Luke. I always get choked with that damned full screen projectiles as grapplers (like Zangief, Abigail).

I really hope that Zangief and Lily comes through with their moves since they're more likely to be only two grapplers in the roster.

Ohhh man I think I would be more afraid of you than any Luke player. I think I'm fairly decent at fighting games but in all my 20 plus years of playing them I still get absolutely wrecked by grapplers. Zangief is like a personal demon at this point lol. No matter how much I level up I suck at fighting them lol.

With that said I am very excited for Lily. I need my physics defiant condor dives.

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
I actually think Bosch might be from Nayshall. A few months ago I speculated that Bosch "seemingly represents a pan-Asian culture that doesn't actually exist, similar to movies like Raya and the Last Dragon," and now we know that the game actually features such a location. His aesthetic even fits JP's stage. Maybe Bosch succumbs to JP's influence in his quest to surpass his rival (your avatar).

Edit: I missed this before, but a sign advertising a bank in the Old Town Market stage says "Nayshall Branch," and the woman in the background is wearing clothing with a pattern very similar to the one on Bosch's bangle.

m19b2Nz.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
Neoxon

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I find it funny how Capcom tried everything to make sure Jamie's drinking isn't seen as alcohol (but rather a "ki-unleashing drink"), but the ESRB still got SF6 for alcohol.

NOW YOU SEE IT

Told y'all SF6 World Tour is Monster Hunter.

Told y'all Marisa is Illuminati related somehow.

My early leak theories are ALIVE.

Now I just need Bosch and Necalli to have a confirmed connection to complete the prediction trifecta.
You also got Kimberly being the Chun-Li of SF6.

Canyon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
When 5 came out I knew immediately what characters I wanted to play and have mostly stuck with them since release. The only dlc character I found interesting was Alex. Every new trailer for 6 has me excited to try returning and new characters. I'm holding out hope for a surprise addition of 1-2 characters for the beta next Saturday or Sunday.

yallasama

Dec 7, 2022
I actually think Bosch might be from Nayshall. A few months ago I speculated that Bosch "seemingly represents a pan-Asian culture that doesn't actually exist, similar to movies like Raya and the Last Dragon," and now we know that the game actually features such a location. His aesthetic even fits JP's stage. Maybe Bosch succumbs to JP's influence in his quest to surpass his rival (your avatar).

Edit: I missed this before, but a sign advertising a bank in the Old Town Market stage says "Nayshall Branch," and the woman in the background is wearing clothing with a pattern very similar to the one on Bosch's bangle.

m19b2Nz.png

Great find!! Bosch has to be DLC or unlockable somehow since he is relevant to the story.

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
South Central Los Angeles

m19b2Nz.png

That all seems very plausible to me.

For the record, my Bosch and Necalli connection theory wasn't that they were ethnically related. Just related in terms of power/narrative. I always felt Bosch was coded as Southeast Asian. Filipino in particular. If he's Nayshallese (or whatever the demonym is), that would make a lot of sense too.

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
I think I love Manon. They all look incredible though, can't believe we've seen just about every character, just like 3 to go I think. I'm a casual and an Abel lover but these newcomers all look so great.

TheOGB

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Luke has a charming personality. His design is just very divisive. I don't mind it, but I don't love it.

Meanwhile, Kimberly and Jamie also have very charming personalities and their designs are not divisive.
^ this is it. I actually do like Luke a bit. Everyone else is just better/more interesting.

• Everyone looks incredible. Marisa's playstyle in particular is right up my alley.
  • Nayshall appears to be a fictional nation situated in the Himalayas, inspired by Nepal, Bhutan, and Tibet. You can see Nayshall's empress(?) in the back of the stage, and she looks to be the mysterious girl from the Ken comic.
  • I wonder why JP is so interested in Nayshall. Is it M. Bison's actual homeland? Does Nayshall hold the secrets of Psycho Power?
  • JP's cat Cybele is named for an Anatolian mother goddess akin to Gaia, so the G connection deepens.
  • "JP takes control of the entire map from all angles" sounds both literal and figurative.
  • I'm pleasantly surprised by the number of stages revealed so far. I wasn't expecting the newcomers to receive stages, so it's nice to see France and Italy.
  • It's interesting that Juri is the only character whose home country doesn't have a stage.

m19b2Nz.png
That there are so many things like this connecting to form a cohesive narrative, with some intrigue, in a Street Fighter, is absolutely incredible.

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
I noticed something interesting about JP: his Embrace and Interdiction moves are called Obnimat and Zapret in Japanese, which are just the Russian names for those words. If Capcom USA is removing Russian references from JP then I wonder what's going to happen with Zangief.

OP
OP
Neoxon

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I noticed something interesting about JP: his Embrace and Interdiction moves are called Obnimat and Zapret in Japanese, which are just the Russian names for those words. If Capcom USA is removing Russian references from JP then I wonder what's going to happen with Zangief.
I'm pretty sure we already know the names of the moves based on the leaked commentary.

Status
Not open for further replies.