• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Didn't realize this was only for PS+ premium that fuckin sucks, and it's only a stream of it? so you can only stream the game even if you get PS+ premium? can anyone confirm? not sure I wanna pay 75$ for a year of premium when I'm not even stoked about whats on there. Guess I can just play my friends cat game instead. Sigh
It's available for both Extra and Premium and you can download it.
In a middle hallway there's a stack of books against a shelf, just run through them and you'll see a safe.
Thank you! :D

Toxel

Alt-Account
Banned
Jun 26, 2022
Finished the game in about 4 hours. Gotta say I'm extremely underwhelmed; there was just about zero emotionality to the story, and though the visuals were good (if somewhat samey), the worldbuilding was very basic and quite uninteresting. Playing as a cat was novel at first, and the game does an OK job fitting the environments to work well for your size and capabilities, but ultimately a cat just can't do much and therefore isn't very interesting to play as. Wish I'd given this one a miss.
I was afraid of this

gothi

Prophet of Truth
Jun 23, 2020
I'd be curious to hear unbiased feedback from anyone playing this game who isn't a crazy cat person chomping at the bit to mention or post pictures of their cats online lol.
Dog fan here.

In my view it's not game of the year by any stretch, but despite it's often stiff animations and sometimes limited movement (starts off as a walking sim, game opens up with some nice vertical movement after a short while but it's still limited to specific spots you can jump on) it's quaint and the scenery is nice and bold.

Definitely something to try on PS+, it won't be for everyone but it's short, and so far enjoyable, what more could you ask for really, especially at its price point.

If you love cats, and especially if you have one, you'll get a warm glow from mimicking some of their actions in-game.

Theecliff

Oct 28, 2017
about 3 and a half hours in. the visuals have been fantastic so far, the lighting and environments especially feel like they're punching above their weight. i love how densely packed and fun to explore the hub is, it's a great designed little space. i even appreciate that despite the platforming being heavily automated, the game has occasionally used it to make little environmental puzzles (although it would have been nice to have control over the jumps, even if they wanted to retain a sense of magnetism). i fucking adore all the little cute cat behaviours and gags, and how the game will occasionally make use of those as part of puzzles. the soundtrack has been really solid so far and some of the unlockable ditties from the musician have been bops. so yeah, really enjoying this so far.
gonna give it a break for the day and come back and beat it tomorrow. just missing one energy drink and one piece of sheet music before i permanently move on from the hub.

also, is anyone else heavily reminded of Half-Life 2 with the enemies and some of the environments? got some heavy vibes

SweetBellic

Oct 28, 2017
Dog fan here.

In my view it's not game of year by any stretch, but despite it's often stiff animations and sometimes limited movement (starts off as a walking sim, game opens up with some nice vertical movement after a short while but it's still limited to specific spots you can jump on) it's quant and the scenery is nice and bold.

Definitely something to try on PS+, it won't be for everyone but it's short, and so far enjoyable, what more could you ask for really, especially at its price point.

If you love cats, and especially if you have one, you'll get a warm glow from mimicking some of their actions in-game.
Thanks, I'll wait for a sale.

Oct 30, 2017
Finished the game in about 4 hours. Gotta say I'm extremely underwhelmed; there was just about zero emotionality to the story, and though the visuals were good (if somewhat samey), the worldbuilding was very basic and quite uninteresting. Playing as a cat was novel at first, and the game does an OK job fitting the environments to work well for your size and capabilities, but ultimately a cat just can't do much and therefore isn't very interesting to play as. Wish I'd given this one a miss.
To each their own, but really kind of having the opposite experience. 4 hours is fine for me, but it's extremely imaginative, beautiful, and carries emotional weight. It's got a beautiful soundtrack, and I love that it's a classic adventure game, just modern interface and design.

Oct 29, 2017
To each their own, but really kind of having the opposite experience. 4 hours is fine for me, but it's extremely imaginative, beautiful, and carries emotional weight. It's got a beautiful soundtrack, and I love that it's a classic adventure game, just modern interface and design.

I agree. It's not on TLoU Ellie and Joel level but it's good.

The game did everything it set out to do and I love it.

dodo

Oct 27, 2017
I'd be curious to hear unbiased feedback from anyone playing this game who isn't a crazy cat person chomping at the bit to mention or post pictures of their cats online lol.

Love my cat and all, but about an hour and a half in I would call this game "fine" so far. It's very pretty and the cat is adorable but it's very limited for the kind of game it is. At its best it feels like an old school adventure game, but it can also feel a bit thin.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
3.5 hourst first playthrough, 1.5 second playthrough for the speed trophy.

You cannot con the game by reloading your last checkpoint repeatedly like I tried first time!

Kasai

Jan 24, 2018
Love this game and I legit cried at the start.

I also pre-ordered the soundtrack on iam8bit. I know they don't have the best reputation, but I have the money to burn and I'm kicking myself for not getting the Disco Elysium one when I had the chance ages ago.

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
I don't envy the devs the task of fixing it at all, must be terrible back there.
This really is on Sony to fix. It's a paid for service, they're asking money for this. They can't hide behind "well we didn't plan for this when we made it during the PS3 era" forever. Absolutely unacceptable that it's still in this state two generations later.
Don't get me wrong I am not defending Sony as a company. It's on them to build a future proof service and not the consumers problem. Consumers have every right to be annoyed and demand better whenever issues pop up. I just feel for the current developers, because unless they were at Sony for decades they have nothing to do with building PSN originally.

Poldino

Oct 27, 2020
After seeing a couple of picture from the game I send her, my girlfriend - who is a huge cat lover - literally forced me to pause the game and wait for her until tonight to keep playing together lol

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
Just left my PS5 idling for an hour to get the sleeping trophy lmao.

Enjoying the game so far - mechanically it's very simple and I wish there was more free-flowing platforming but it's a fun relaxing game. Solid 7/10.

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
Game looks amazing. I'm not the only one entertained thankfully. (Yes he's dangerously close to the tv, I put him on the ground after taking the pics)
IMG-20220719-WA0020.jpeg

IMG-20220719-WA0018.jpeg

unknown.png

BloodHound

Oct 27, 2017
Stray is crushing it on twitch. Getting its viral moment....sales will probably exceed their expectations.

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
Really enjoying it so far. It opens up when you get to the city part which is really cool. Some nice little cute moments of interaction that I hope the rest of the game keeps throwing at you to surprise and delight. It's those touches that remind me of MGS and the cool little things you could do in those games. They just make it special and elevate it above and beyond other games.

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
The cat animation is astonishingly good. It is really tough to animate common house pets well because we are constantly in contact and observing them so even the slightest error stands out and breaks the illusion. It's of course not perfect but hey did an amazing job nonetheless. And the fact that you control it directly is even more impressive

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
They really have something here with these hub levels. It's just too fun spotting a window and figuring out how to traverse your way over into someone's apartment. No clue if they're interested in a sequel, but they should double down on these sections if so.

Sky87

Oct 27, 2017
Looks like there may be a memory leak issue on PC. Game just froze and bringing up Task Manager showed the game using 24+GB of RAM (all RAM was capped at 99%).

Playing at 1440p with uncapped FPS on a 3080/5900x, no FPS or stutter issues so far, though i'm only 10 mins in.

EVA UNIT 01

Oct 27, 2017
CA
Can't decide on PC w ultrawide or PS5.
Cdkeys refunded me so now I gotta choose again

Anyone with a similar setup let me know how it's going.

2080super
i7 6700
16gb

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
How does the LT RT stuff works? Like when you're on a carpet or near a tree. Are you supposed to alternate between them? Mash them? I'm trying different things but none seems to be really smooth?

Hadok

Feb 14, 2018
No one is playing the game on ps4?
I want to know if it runs well on the console :D

Kaswa101

Oct 28, 2017
Really enjoying this. The first town section is way more open than I expected, fun stuff :)

shodgson8

Aug 22, 2018
Played a few hours.

Slightly mixed thoughts. It is solid but I think I would have personally preferred the platforming to have a little more nuance to it. It all feels a bit basic and I resort to just hammering X most of the time which is a shame as it feels like it is the bulk of the game.

Game feels very much elevated by its presentation and atmosphere overall which is lovely.

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
So, after more time with Stray, I was surprised to see some things. Surprised in a good way.

I wanna say its gonna be a sleeper hit but the attention the game is getting is...wow, lol.

How does the LT RT stuff works? Like when you're on a carpet or near a tree. Are you supposed to alternate between them? Mash them? I'm trying different things but none seems to be really smooth?
Alternate between. All I can say is if you're on PS5 play Astro's Playroom some more, its a good introduction, lol.

The Dual Sense makes it easier to judge how to do it.

DixieDean82

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Finished it. It's a cute, fun, game that's very limited in mechanics and scope. The lighting is gorgeous. And I appreciated its short length.

I would recommend in PS Plus premium. I would be hesitant to recommend at full price, though.

Diogo Arez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 20, 2020
So, after more time with Stray, I was surprised to see some things. Surprised in a good way.

I wanna say its gonna be a sleeper hit but the attention the game is getting is...wow, lol.

Alternate between. All I can say is if you're on PS5 play Astro's Playroom some more, its a good introduction, lol.

The Dual Sense makes it easier to judge how to do it.
Tbh even mashing works, they didn't give it enough resistance to convey alternance like it's supposed imo