• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 30, 2017
The atmosphere, the characters, the music, and the cat interaction with the environment and the NPCs… couldn't ask for anything better than this.

This is a very well made game and I'm absolutely loving every second of it.

EVA UNIT 01

Oct 27, 2017
CA
Is the DualSense stuff enough to go ps5?

Can a powerful enough PC power through possible drops to maintain 60fps?

ForgeForsaken

Oct 27, 2017
20 minutes into the future.
Is the DualSense stuff enough to go ps5?

Can a powerful enough PC power through possible drops to maintain 60fps?

DS stuff aren't really much, at the beginning you feel the rain a bit, and there's a resistance when you wanna press R2/L2, basically these, not really important.

Trigger stuff is ok, but I think the haptics are pretty good, there's a nice purr to the controller when you go to sleep.

EVA UNIT 01

Oct 27, 2017
CA
Trigger stuff is ok, but I think the haptics are pretty good, there's a nice purr to the controller when you go to sleep.

My cat just jumped into my lap and made the choice.
PS5, I gotta be able to play it comfy with the fur monster.

GDpXcGf.jpg

Love Machine

Oct 29, 2017
Tokyo, Japan
Played up to the slums. Nice atmosphere and setting! Not a high-commitment game, so nice to take your time and relax with it. Maybe some more stressful chase/encounter sections later, but the tempo seems pretty chill so far.

Knocking stuff off ledges never gets old. Makes you realise why cats do it all the time. It feels good.

ben_bot

Feb 26, 2019
Finished the game in one sitting while my kids sat fixated. Really loved it. Atmosphere and world design are impeccable. Love how dense it feels.

The clocks in the game are all 16 hours instead of twelve implying that a day is 32 hours. Another note in Momos room said that the moon acts to slow down the rotation of the earth. Another note said that the robots had been sentient or self aware for over 2.5 billion days or about 7 million years. Gives an idea of how long they had been down there. Though how they would know what a day is if they couldn't see the sky is interesting. Maybe it was just set that far in the future and the robots inherited human time before the humans died off.

Also it's kind of implied that the self aware robots are all humans who uploaded their brains. Though I never came across a direct note of that aspect.

The GOAT

Nov 2, 2017
Can't get PS Premium version to work. Constantly saying "corrupted data, delete and download again"

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
B-12 died 😭😭

Finished the game. What fun adventure! Great game to relax and play for an afternoon.

Last edited:

Adventure

May 7, 2021
Really great game so far. Consider my pants charmed off. Definitely some occasional stutters on PC, but it's just an occasional thing that doesn't detract too much from the gameplay. Granted, the gameplay is pretty low-intensity. Consistently maintaining over 100 fps otherwise.

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
PC or PS5? I have have it on both platforms, but which one should I play first?

amara

Nov 23, 2021
I don't understand the use of haptics in this game. It only sometimes activates and doesn't when it should

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Finished.

This will win Easy Allies "Best game to play in one night" award EASILY. What a fantastic experience, surprising, heartfelt, well thought out world, and the most lovable protagonist you could ever have in a game. Bravo to the team, one of the years best.

Spark

Dec 6, 2017
Is it possible to sub to PS+ for a month to play this game? $40 seems a bit steep for me.

TeenageFBI

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The GMG page has an XP symbol on it so I expect it to have a decent discount. I'm still holding off!

Jawbreaker

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
I'm finding the game to be pretty middling so far. It feels like you're constantly searching for button prompts either to progress or do _insert cat thing_ or whatever. I know you can turn the prompts off, but the game wasn't designed around a lack of prompts since there's no clear logic on what you can jump towards, so it ends up devolving to constant button mashing.

There's very little autonomy and ways to do things. It all feels very automated and like the devs are guiding you to do all the cute cat things instead of it being more organic like Goose Game, which I think executes the animal character game better.

The lack of a jump button is felt. There are many times where I wish I could just unbind myself from the guided nature of the game and its prompt-based platforming.

Some small nitpicks are the weird button configurations when going through dialogue, robotic/stiff cat animations when transitioning from platforms sometimes, and the low quality environmental textures. The cat's fur looks pretty dodgy, too.

On the positive side, the design of the city itself is really cool. It feels dense and lived in despite it being a bit static. The apartments are cozy and interesting to examine. There's plenty of verticality, though it's hampered by the auto-platforming.

The music and mood are real highlights here. They've both been pitch-perfect (yes, I'm purrposely avoiding cat puns). It's all brought together by the game's superb use of lighting, so it's a real shame it's lacking an HDR option.

Some small details I've enjoyed are the different expressions on the robots' faces when you press the "meow button" or brush up against them and how your cat animates while walking or running about.

All in all, it's playing about as well as I thought it would after seeing the game's trailers, but I was hoping there was a bit more to it, especially after reading the glowing reviews.

Cat lover here who's a huge fan of The Last Guardian for those who want the context.

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
Oh, and for those wondering about the PC version. The stuttering is, IMO, blown way out of proportion. It's there, but seems pretty rare and doesn't impact the gameplay that I've noticed. Elden Ring it is not. And the game runs like butter otherwise. I said earlier about my choice of platform being based on overall performance and features, like ultrawide and 144Hz. It does supports ultrawide out of the box and spends practically all of its time over 120fps, often pegged at 144 in smaller environments. I'd definitely recommend it if you've got a decent rig. And it's absolutely gorgeous to boot, I posted some screenshots in the PC screenshot thread.

Jawbreaker

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
Can confirm the stuttering has been very infrequent for me on PC and not an issue at all, but I understand there are people who've had a worse experience, so ymmv.

I have PS+ Premium but went for the PC version to take advantage of the unlocked frame rate. It stays above 120 FPS for me the vast majority of the time and around my 165Hz limit in smaller spaces.

kinoki

Oct 28, 2017
Only played up until some of the hub. Initially I was pleasantly surprised. Some great aesthetics but I was annoyed that it resorted to cutscenes anytime anything happened. The gameplay was just linear platform obstacle courses. But alright, I though. It can improve on it.

Then it fell apart. The introduction to the robot was just bad. If we are a cat, why not retain some aspects from a cat? Like having nocturnal vision and not understanding human language? Why have a flashlight? Why have someone who can translate signs? Why couldn't they just keep dialog out of the game? Keep storytelling in art direction and level design.

Am I the only one who wants minimalist games?

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
This game gives me major Half-Life 2 vibes. The art direction mixed with the Zurk things that look like headcrabs and the way the progression works in the game. Lovin' it.

Manu

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Progression question. Will I be able to return to the city after the sewers? I'm missing a can and a memory but I want to know if I need to get them now before I progress.

catpurrcat

Oct 27, 2017
I'm finding the game to be pretty middling so far. It feels like you're constantly searching for button prompts either to progress or do _insert cat thing_ or whatever. I know you can turn the prompts off, but the game wasn't designed around a lack of prompts since there's no clear logic on what you can jump towards, so it ends up devolving to constant button mashing.

There's very little autonomy and ways to do things. It all feels very automated and like the devs are guiding you to do all the cute cat things instead of it being more organic like Goose Game, which I think executes the animal character game better.

The lack of a jump button is felt. There are many times where I wish I could just unbind myself from the guided nature of the game and its prompt-based platforming.

Some small nitpicks are the weird button configurations when going through dialogue, robotic/stiff cat animations when transitioning from platforms sometimes, and the low quality environmental textures. The cat's fur looks pretty dodgy, too.

On the positive side, the design of the city itself is really cool. It feels dense and lived in despite it being a bit static. The apartments are cozy and interesting to examine. There's plenty of verticality, though it's hampered by the auto-platforming.

The music and mood are real highlights here. They've both been pitch-perfect (yes, I'm purrposely avoiding cat puns). It's all brought together by the game's superb use of lighting, so it's a real shame it's lacking an HDR option.

Some small details I've enjoyed are the different expressions on the robots' faces when you press the "meow button" or brush up against them and how your cat animates while walking or running about.

All in all, it's playing about as well as I thought it would after seeing the game's trailers, but I was hoping there was a bit more to it, especially after reading the glowing reviews.

Cat lover here who's a huge fan of The Last Guardian for those who want the context.

Also a Fellow cat enthusiast, TLG fan, and I approve of this message wholeheartedly. Kind of finding it middling as well.

From the previews I was kind of hoping for more of a death stranding type of traversal. This feels more like a point and click adventure. Lack of jump button for a cat game is…weird.

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
Is it possible to sub to PS+ for a month to play this game? $40 seems a bit steep for me.
You could try to use the one time free trial for PS+ Extra/Premium. It lasts 7 days. If you aren't allowed to use the trial, then you can just purchase one month of Extra or Premium if your subscription isn't active.

If you are currently an essentials subscriber, then you need to upgrade for the duration of your essentials sub. You cant have for example 4 months of PS+ essentials and then decide to just upgrade to Extra or Premium for a month.

Last edited:

kubev

Oct 25, 2017
California
Not a fan of the performance on Steam Deck. The settings are as low as they can go (outside of resolution scaling), and certain scenes play out in the low 20s as far as fps goes. I kind of agree that the game play is only kind of middling. That said, I'm a sucker for cat stuff, so I love how well cat behaviors are represented thus far. The part where you get the backpack is adorable and funny.