• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Is R* about to tease a new game?

• Yes, something GTA related

Votes: 85 19.1%
  • Yes, something Bully related

Votes: 47 10.6%
  • Yes, but something else than GTA or Bully

Votes: 149 33.6%
  • No, you're just desperate

Votes: 163 36.7%

• Total voters

Deeke

Oct 25, 2017
United States
To see the images you have to click the hamburger (three horizontal dashes) icon in the upper left. Each time the site shows a different image on the marquee drop-down sitemap.

ER4Or4MX0AAo9ry
ER4Or4PWoAE4lmJ

Aswitch

"This guy are sick"
Nov 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
The first image had me leaning towards Manhunt 3. The second image threw any of that logic completely away. It could be a new IP, but hard to fathom what it could be going by those images. Maybe Agent? If all else probably just new generic images for Rockstar more than likely.

flaxknuckles

Oct 25, 2017
I really hope this is teasing a new game from Rockstar that will be revealed soon. And please be anything but Bully 2.

funky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
" "Killing Dreams. Murdering hope. Fighting the righteous and bullying the weak"

Maybe its just a weirdly honest recruitment campaign for Rockstar North

Aswitch

"This guy are sick"
Nov 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
It's very strange that the page is still up unmodified. We're proud to announce blah blah coming to PS3. Release date: TBA.

Like why is it still up. It's ridiculous.

I mean at this point people would instantly speculate since it would indicate that they're working on actually releasing it now if they were to update before announcing it again I guess.

Paquete_PT

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
That first image screams London to me (GTA VI London?), but that's all.
But having this tease and Kojima Production's tease on the same day makes me dream of a playstation event

Akita One

Oct 30, 2017
Regardless of if it's a rumor or not, I have always said that the next GTA should be a total modern remake of GTA 1 or 2.

ivan.k

Banned
Dec 30, 2017
Moscow
It was already said that it's nothing by at least 10 users in the thread but everyone ignoring this and continue to pretend that something is happening

chromatic9

Oct 25, 2017
The classic gold shading does remind me of 80 and early 90s designs.

Wonder if they dare do a 1980s vision of the future GTA game.

Wrighteous86

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
My initial assumption is a GTA: Capital City or London responding to Trump or Brexit.

If both images are related (which I'm not sold on) then it's a futuristic GTA in a post-Trump/Brexit world that doubles down on fascism.

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
I hope AGENT morphed into some retro-futurist propaganda espionage world

But my brain says assume it's some bland GTA Online crap

rusty chrome

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hmm, new Fortnite season is about agents...
Fortnite is developed by Epic...
Epic knows the industry's secrets...

Agent confirmed.

Deleted member 49611

Nov 14, 2018
nothing here suggests a new game...

this reminds me of the days people thought the background images of the newswire were actually in game screenshots. i ain't falling back into that rabbit hole.

it's just artwork entirely unrelated to a game.

IF it is then i sure hope it's not Bully 2.

Mar 29, 2018
Im trying to figure out a way to twist these images into a Bully 2 announcement

EDIT: the word Bullying is in the first one. Mission accomplished see you guys in Bully College
The kind of old school aesthetic implies maybe Bully but set in an interesting era. The '50s or '60s maybe. The first pic is very '60s, the second pic is very '50s (retro future robot stuff).

Nimurai

Oct 28, 2017
GTA VI set in 70s Liberty City with The Warriors/early Scorsese vibes. Please?

The protagonist could be a Vietnam veteran coming home and getting involved with the mob or something. You have iconic music/cars and movies to reference. You have Nixon, you have the hippie movement, and related cults, all the kind of thing Rockstar likes to satire. It makes too much sense.

8bit

Oct 27, 2017
Isn't Giorgio Moroder just the name of a Daft Punk song?

Cripes.

Metropolis is a silent movie from 1927.

Giorgio Moroder produced a soundtracked version in 1984.

Daft Punk interviewed and recorded Giorgio with period specific recording equipment for the autobiographical "Giorgio by Moroder" in 2013.

I am writing this in 2020 and I have no idea if I am missing out on some big joke or if history is forgotten.