Status
Not open for further replies.

Servbot24

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I know we shouldn't time the market and all but this seems like a decent time to sell unwanted DIS

Edit: Done. Managed to only lose 10 bucks on them, will perhaps buy back in later.

Last edited:

SRG01

Oct 25, 2017
If the market seems to be stabilizing in the next week or so, I'd take that as a good sign and cash out of short or inverse positions.

Also, Europe implemented restrictions on short selling so we might see some price relief soon.

AnotherNils

Oct 27, 2017
Stock market feels like a real window into the american psyche. Just absolute mood swings day to day.

+20% for TSLA? Why because Elon talked shit that he could make ventilators?

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I'm fairly confident tomorrow will be up because of witching. Still thinking we haven't seen the bottom. Earnings report and new unemployment numbers are not gonna be pretty.
Stock market feels like a real window into the american psyche. Just absolute mood swings day to day.

+20% for TSLA? Why because Elon talked shit that he could make ventilators?
Only reason TSLA was at 900 before was because of Musk hype in the first place. It is totally a psyche thing. Over-inflated stuff tends to go down faster, though. Which we've already seen.

GYODX

Oct 27, 2017
Don't see any reason to suspect the downward trend is over. Don't be fooled by recency bias.

Zed

Oct 28, 2017
Assuming the US follows the trend of other countries with corona virus cases and deaths the market is probably going to go down again in a few days to a week once cases and deaths skyrocket.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Assuming the US follows the trend of other countries with corona virus cases and deaths the market is probably going to go down again in a few days to a week once cases and deaths skyrocket.
It will no doubt be down next monday again.
I'm also guessing it will be up tomorrow as trump will do something 30 minutes before market close to try to boost it up again just to have happy numbers for the weekend.

just saw that someone who was at disney world died
insidethemagic.net

34-year-old Passes Away From Covid-19 After Recent Visit To Disney World & Universal Studios - Inside the Magic

34-year-old Jeffrey Ghazarian passed after visiting the Walt Disney World Resort and Universal Studios Orlando in Florida from Covid-19.

should be interesting what disney does tomorrow.

snipe_25

Oct 27, 2017
It will no doubt be down next monday again.
I'm also guessing it will be up tomorrow as trump will do something 30 minutes before market close to try to boost it up again just to have happy numbers for the weekend.

just saw that someone who was at disney world died
insidethemagic.net

34-year-old Passes Away From Covid-19 After Recent Visit To Disney World & Universal Studios - Inside the Magic

34-year-old Jeffrey Ghazarian passed after visiting the Walt Disney World Resort and Universal Studios Orlando in Florida from Covid-19.

should be interesting what disney does tomorrow.
Damn, that sucks for his family. 34 is young.

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
What in the hell happened to the market after hours??

GoldenEye 007

Roll Tide, Y'all!
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Deblasio looks like he's about to cry :/

abc7ny.com

Eyewitness News Live Streaming Video

Watch live streaming video on abc7ny.com and stay up-to-date with the latest Eyewitness News broadcasts as well as live breaking news whenever it happens.
He's not holding back at all. Calling for military mobilization and asking for Trump to direct manufacturing now under the Defense Authorization Act. 2-3 weeks away from NYC hospitals running out of needed supplies.

CommodoreKong

Oct 25, 2017
Just wait until March unemployment numbers come in on the 3rd if you really want to see the market go down.

MrBob

Oct 25, 2017
Volitility still around 70, don't trust any rally. Though I'm still expecting eventually we will have a huge bear market rally where everyone thinks the worst is over. Then big money takes the market down lower than it was before.

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
My personal policy is to sell when a 100% profit is reached. Unless it's a small company you believe in or something like that. For Zoom I would sell.
So basically when you double your profit. But do you factor in the tax on ordinary income? (I assume that for a lot of people in this thread, they are recognizing short term capital gains off these moves)

Servbot24

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So basically when you double your profit. But do you factor in the tax on ordinary income? (I assume that for a lot of people in this thread, they are recognizing short term capital gains off these moves)
I'm not selling and cashing out, I'm selling and re-investing in a different stock. Is that taxed differently?

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
That looks pretty good. What is the issue?
Note that those without tax liability only get $600. Which means, the poor are getting half of what people with tax liability under 75k are. Also, note that this is based on 2018 tax returns. So, if you just entered the workforce in the last year, you're fucked.

feline fury

Dec 8, 2017
Anybody here share this sentiment? Most people posting seem to be pessimistic about the market in the short/medium term.

www.marketwatch.com

The stock market may bottom long before the coronavirus epidemic peaks, analysts say

Severe bearish sentiment and rising bond yields could be signs of a rebound in equity prices

While the stock market is typically a leading indicator of the economy — it tends to peak before the onset of an economic recession and bottom before an economic recovery — the unique nature of the ongoing COVID-19 epidemic has made forecasting an eventual stock-market recovery particularly difficult.

Despite the cascade of negative headlines as increased coronavirus testing capacity reveals the extent of the outbreak in the U.S., some analysts are arguing that the equity market may have already begun a bottoming process, and that equity prices are nearing their most attractive levels.
Jeff DeGraaf, founder and chairman of Renaissance Macro Research wrote in a Thursday note to clients that he sees evidence of investor sentiment reaching such low levels as to be a contrarian indicator that points to attractive equity returns over the next three months.

As the chart below shows, investor sentiment, according to an Investors Intelligence survey, has fallen into the bottom 10th percentile of readings, which has been a good indicator of market rallies during the past decade.

uncelestial

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco, CA, USA
Bought in to JETS today. Will be adding more to my stake every week through the summer.

qpIoAKj.png

Status
Not open for further replies.