• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 2533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Awww, I could have gotten 2k points, but I chose not to be active on the 2nd day because I didn't want to "waste" 10k cheevo points on 100 capacity :(

Mar 7, 2019
I woke up today with something like 1600 points today, apparently it's from playing games with achievements...though I've played those before the sale started? And I haven't even gotten any achievements. I haven't found anything concrete, just people with similar things going on.
This is easily the worst sale thing they've ever done, honestly.

Oct 25, 2017
If I refund something during the sale do I lose the points(I pre-ordered DOOM Eternal but I am having second thoughts about it)? What if I already spent them? do I have negative points?

This sale is so weird. I went from Steam level 40 to 108 already haha.

abracadaver

Banned
Nov 30, 2017
This is the best sale ever. Even if I don't understand how it all works

salefak39.png

Already got like 50€ in coupons. Never spent so little money during a Steam sale. Wonder how much more I will get

Static

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This is the best sale ever. Even if I don't understand how it all works

salefak39.png

Already got like 50€ in coupons. Never spent so little money during a Steam sale. Wonder how much more I will get
The way it's supposed to work at least is that you get 100 capacity per dollar spent since the chinese new year. That's what your capacity at bonus at the start of the sale was for. Some people like myself got shorted. Some people may have gotten way more though? Not sure. If each coupon requres $150 of purchases though, then for 10 coupons you must have done $1500 in purchases between CNY and now? That or you just got bank error in your favour.

Static

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I actually did. Ordered the Valve Index, pre-ordered DOOM and Cyberpunk, bought a couple of other games every month...

This is a nice reward
Aaaah! Nice! It is a pretty good reward system. The worst part of this sale was how poorly they communicated the metagame initially, leaving you me and all the rest of Steam bewildered how or why they ended up with what they did.

Katonix

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
So if we play our previous games for 30 minutes we can earn point for our achievements in that game, my question is, this can be done once during the event or we can do it every day?

Oct 25, 2017
Man, I've really been sleeping on Vermintide 2. Bought it due to the low sale price. I assumed it was just a braindead button mashing loot game but it is one of the most challenging games I've played lately. Super engaging and the community has been extremely friendly thus far. Everyone's polite and helpful in a way rarely seen on popular PC multiplayer games.

Highly recommend it to anyone who enjoyed Left 4 Dead but wants a more intricate combat system and persistent character progression. Just know that it's hard as nails on anything past the initial difficulty.

Static

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So if we play our previous games for 30 minutes we can earn point for our achievements in that game, my question is, this can be done once during the event or we can do it every day?
So long as you own multiple games with achievements, every day. The only problem is that you're limited by capacity not points. The points getting is trivial, as you've figured out.

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
Huh...so they finally added the boost I was supposed to get. Now I only need 6000 more tokens to get the voucher.

Mo-hd

Apr 28, 2018
YOU ALREADY REACHED YOUR MAX POINTS
Upgrade your maximum points or wait until tomorrow to claim your points
-

How can i upgrade my maximum points?! i have alot of points and i cant use them.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
YOU ALREADY REACHED YOUR MAX POINTS
Upgrade your maximum points or wait until tomorrow to claim your points
-

How can i upgrade my maximum points?! i have alot of points and i cant use them.
Buy games; if you buy a $60 game, you'll upgrade with 6,000 in your maximum points.

EDIT:
I now have 10,000 points that I can 'redeem'.
My capacity shows however that I can only redeem 1,000 points towards my team to get 1,000 coins.
If I want to redeem those 10,000 points in full, I must buy content on steam worth $90 to 100.
Once I made my purchase, I'll be able to put those 10,000 in full towards my team.

Last edited:

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
I have to request a refund for GTA V, my steamID is linked to another social club account...can't play the game, in the future if i want to play Rockstar games i have to create a new steam account...

I know I didn't create another social club since GTA4 works with my current social club ID when i last played it a year ago...
Dates match up to my social club creation and GTA4 purchase, bought the game 5/1/10, SC created 5/2/10 had to leave to game over night to DL..
Rockstar fact page about linking says steam accounts can not be un-linked..
Only way i can play this game is crack a legally own game lol, not doing that...

XR.

Nov 22, 2018
I have to request a refund for GTA V, my steamID is linked to another social club account...can't play the game, in the future if i want to play Rockstar games i have to create a new steam account...

I know I didn't create another social club since GTA4 works with my current social club ID when i last played it a year ago...
Dates match up to my social club creation and GTA4 purchase, bought the game 5/1/10, SC created 5/2/10 had to leave to game over night to DL..
Rockstar fact page about linking says steam accounts can not be un-linked..
Only way i can play this game is crack a legally own game lol, not doing that...
I had the same issue with Uplay. It's a complete nightmare that still haunts me. I need to contact Ubi Support now and then to resolve CD-key issues and ID mismatch in order to play some games.

I absolutely hate this double launcher insanity, release it on Steam or your own client, geez.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
I'm so confused. Corgi was in first overall with a speed of 800-1200. Tortoise has had a speed of ~500 since Corgi took first, and yet Tortoise is now in first overall? This makes no sense at all. Tortoise is still going like half the speed of Corgi. Slow and steady and all that... you cheating amniote bastard.

Aurica

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
And now the Hare has passed, despite having a lower speed the whole time. These numbers are nonsense hahaha.
Edit: Back in the lead? I can't watch this anymore. It's very funny, though!

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
I'm so confused. Corgi was in first overall with a speed of 800-1200. Tortoise has had a speed of ~500 since Corgi took first, and yet Tortoise is now in first overall? This makes no sense at all. Tortoise is still going like half the speed of Corgi. Slow and steady and all that... you cheating amniote bastard.

Hey did you hear the story of turtle/tortoise beating the rabbit/hair

Kirksplosion

Aug 21, 2018
So my capacity didn't reset, but it's also saying I've already filled my capacity for the day. This sure does seem broken.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Tried boosting, no tokens gained, just lost into the ether. Fuck this event :')

Next time the event should also cater to cheapskates rather than only handing out loyalty bonuses like this one, haha.

Kirksplosion

Aug 21, 2018
Nevermind. It looks like they did what everyone expected - it's back down to 100 capacity for the day it just hasn't updated visually on the odometer, at least for me.

ActWan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
As usual I couldn't help myself and bought tons of indies from my wishlist. About 10 games for about 80$. No regrets!
Also got Sunset Overdrive and Quantum Break finally, been loooong overdue.

Aurica

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
Nevermind. It looks like they did what everyone expected - it's back down to 100 capacity for the day it just hasn't updated visually on the odometer, at least for me.
That's awful. My steam achievement games will give me thousands. Two of them are over 10,000, so it'd just be this enormous loss; gain one hundred and trash thousands of points.
Upgrade your maximum points or throw away the extra 14041

Kirksplosion

Aug 21, 2018
That's awful. My steam achievement games will give me thousands. Two of them are over 10,000, so it'd just be this enormous loss; gain one hundred and trash thousands of points.

Heh, yep, same.

I'm mostly just annoyed they gave me even a sliver of false hope that I might be able to get the $5 discount. Like, I had resigned myself to not getting it after the day 2 update sent it back to 100 capacity, and then it seemed like it could maybe possibly happen after it went up 1,000. Now I feel like I still should come back and check just in case Valve tweaks things again, but I'm not holding my breath at this point.

Aurica

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
I mean, you're not really losing anything since these 'points' are only valid for the event anyway.
I was hoping to get five bucks off, because the sales aren't too good. Yeah, I'm not actually losing anything, but I am disappointed with how this event works.

The good thing is that I don't really need to pay much attention to this anymore. I'll just do my boost daily and be pleasantly surprised if I somehow win a game by the end (odds look grim, so I won't expect anything).

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
ok bought a few things - VR stuff seems not so great this time around. Have 15797 max points and 0 ready to boost. What do I do if I want a £5 voucher? This entire thing seems stupidly complex and I want to do the least possible as long as I'm close to getting a voucher (if not I'll just ignore everything)