Status
Not open for further replies.

Tobor

Died as he lived: wrong about Doritos
Oct 25, 2017
Richmond, VA
Steam Deck |OT| More Sony games than the Vita

EDIT: I'm joking. It's not a serious OT title.

Last edited:

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
Steam Deck |OT| Full Steam ahead
Steam Deck |OT| Playing with a full Deck
Steam Deck |OT| Steam powered, Battery operated

Vector

Feb 28, 2018
How's the screen on this thing? Is it like the OG Switch in terms of quality? I thought that one was bad but not offensively bad.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
OT | Can't keep a Deck in my pants
OT | Yes, that a Deck in my pocket and I'm happy to Steam you

Too many possibilities for awful jokes, thanks Volvo 😭

Last edited:

Deleted member 2840

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Steam Deck l OT l Kratos, Master Chief and Mario walks into a handheld...
Steam Deck l OT l Deck means Life
Steam Deck l OT l Crowbar Required(for battery replacement)
Steam Deck l OT l We Use Arch BTW

Milpool

Oct 27, 2017
Oh. I was more than a bit puzzled wondering what sort of "shady crap" could go around a Linux distro.

kids-using-kali-linux-are-the-next-generation-hackers-uk-police-warn-529211-2.jpg

Always be on the lookout for kali kids

Deleted member 22002

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
|OT|Your Sony supported handheld

Video regarding double booting

I used to be on the dual boot camp, but I want the deck to be the definitive push for my full migration toward Linux, so I'll stick to SteamOS no matter what.

My idea is to migrate my work pipeline to SteamOS on the deck, test my tools (especially wacom support), and once it's all working, mirror it on PC and do a full migration to Arch linux.

Deleted member 2840

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, specially since we were dealing with emus just a few post before.
Ah I see. "I use arch BTW" is a meme in the Linux community
knowyourmeme.com

BTW I Use Arch

BTW I Use Arch is a catchphrase used to make fun of the type of person who feels superior because they use a more difficult Linux distribution. Memes about

And now that the Deck uses Arch, we'll all become "Arch users"

Sirhc

Hasn't made a thread yet. Shame me.
Oct 27, 2017
So I was playing Lost Ark on my tablet using moonlight last night, xbox controller was having issues so I busted out an old steam controller I have somehow not gotten to using since I got it a few years ago...

Holy shit this thing has me extra hyped for Deck now, the trackpad is so freaking good for mouse input, way better then I expected and I am fresh to the pad so I suck still lol. The Deck fixes any small issues I have like no R stick/dpad.....

Deck being steam controller 2 is going to be insane!! 1 more week damnit, I need it now.

bytesized

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Amsterdam
I used to be on the dual boot camp, but I want the deck to be the definitive push for my full migration toward Linux, so I'll stick to SteamOS no matter what.

My idea is to migrate my work pipeline to SteamOS on the deck, test my tools (especially wacom support), and once it's all working, mirror it on PC and do a full migration to Arch linux.
I'm not sure what to do but I'm really invested into gamepass and really would like it if I could play my games on the deck.

If on the end it is too cumbersome it it messes up with the storage then I won't do it since I don't mind if my Deck ends up being my steam library and emulator machine. But yeah, if I could also play my gamepass games in there... That's just too good.

kimbo99

Feb 21, 2021
On my phone? Filter of what? Also, email sucks. I wish I didn't need it. I'd rather get a text message from Valve. That I would actually read.

Trust, my job is email heavy so I tend to delete 90% of emails that don't address me before reading them. I also have some very important clientele where if I miss one email, the relationship could be in jeopardy. I create a filter to put those VIP emails into a special folder where I always keep my eye on. That way when my inbox gets flooded, I can glance at that folder and know I gotta prioritize my VIPs before anything else.

Creating filters works wonders man. Even if it's just for a short time, it'll put you at ease.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Didnt list anything that actually supported the title of the video.
The benefits of dual boot if that you have access to the benefits of both OS and can choose what to engage with depending on the content and your setup.
Yeah, and the only negative listed about that is "you're going to have limited storage" which, um, duh. You're going to have to plan around that but not everyone needs hundreds of GBs of games installed at the same time.

Also, maybe I'm just used to using the Moonlight streaming app on my iPad, but Windows isn't even THAT bad to use on a tablet sized touch screen.
Yes it'll be clunkier to use than the built in SteamOS, but I doubt many people will use Windows for anything other than launching games that aren't supported by the Deck natively.

Last edited:

baconcow

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Steam Deck |OT| PC Big Deck Energy
Steam Deck |OT| All Decked Out (of stock)
Steam Deck |OT| Switch to Arch
Steam Deck |OT| Linux Deck Tips

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.