• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 873

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
Re-reveal of an announced third party game?

1711-29-Shin-Megami-Tensei-V-Switch-01.jpg
delusion-convince-yourself-gif-2.gif

Locust Star

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 21, 2019
They are saving the big show for PS5. E3 wouldn't benefit something like Medievil or the VR stuff (outside of Ironman) either, they'd just get lost in the shuffle. And stuff like TLoU 2 don't need E3 to get eyes, so just be a waste of time and money waiting for it.
1) They'll highlight some stuff closer to it's actual release date.

2) Less money involved. If they do reveal something big, the internet will blow up about it anyway and share it to everyone just like if they revealed it at E3.

3) A multi-year direct vid like these are also good for highligting smaller titles than on a big reveal stage.
Their AAA games already got the E3 marketing treatment 2 or 3 times. There is no reason for them to show the same games again on yet another E3. And a 3rd party Sony E3 isn't needed. That's maybe something for the competition. Face the truth. This is the endgame. The PS5 is coming next year. You will get a few State of Plays until then. And that's a good way to show some updates and release dates for their games.
Going to E3 would mean going with about the same line-up they went with last year, as they're in this weird spot where their big AAA games (TLOU2, DS, GOT, which were announced in 2015, 2016 and 2017) are still not releasing any time soon (except for maybe TLOU2) and their smaller projects have also been announced (and they don't really make up for a good conference even if you have many, fair or not). Sure, you have third party support, but that's what happened last year and people didn't really react to the conference too well, and Sony knows that.

Whatever comes next in terms of AAA and even smaller projects will surely be for PS5, so they can't really show Horizon 2 until they properly introduce their next console, which isn't thought to be released until late 2020.

Thanks for the clarification, I really appreciate it!

Lexad

Nov 4, 2017
much wiser to detail exactly what to expect. last one let speculation out of control too much

Pillock

User Requested Ban
Banned
Dec 29, 2017
Don't know about everyone else, but I'm going to get overly excited imaging all sorts of stuff. And then spend the next few days complaining that it didn't meet my lofty expectations.

hype metre 1000/10 guys!!!!!

AntiMacro

Oct 27, 2017
Alberta
I'm having trouble reconciling it being 10 minutes long with having an extended look at MediEvil. How do you do an extended look at anything in 10 minutes lol

Ryengeku

Oct 26, 2017
Georgia, US
You show a ~3 minunte gameplay video, compared to the 1min 40sec announce trailer. And that's enough.
Or 5 min of Medieval, 4 min of the new game, and a 1 min montage of anything else. Then queue the anger at Medievil taking up most of the time despite Sony explicitly stating that there would be an extended look at the game.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
If Zhuge is teasing Final Fantasy 7 and that's what shows up, that's interesting. But if Avengers Project shows up at E3, Marvel Games should have some words for Square-Enix. Everyone is talking Avengers right now--capitalizing on that is the easy move.

LuisGarcia

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
If Zhuge is teasing Final Fantasy 7 and that's what shows up, that's interesting. But if Avengers Project shows up at E3, Marvel Games should have some words for Square-Enix. Everyone is talking Avengers right now--capitalizing on that is the easy move.

I don't think the Avengers hype is going to die anytime soon and I'm sure they are in constant communication.

Plus there is no reason both can't be at E3 itslef

Craiji

May 26, 2018
Just give me a PS4 Ratchet & Clank follow up with a Rocket Racoon skin and some Far From Home DLC in Spider-Man.

Status
Not open for further replies.