Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaversmed

Oct 27, 2017
Denmark
Not sure what you mean?

If you want physical but play early as well, grab a game pass trial code or sign up for $1 for 14 days, buy the digital upgrade for $35, then buy the physical disc as well.
Holy shit that's it! I haven't set up the Xbox yet, so haven't looked into Game Pass much. I kinda thought I had to spend at least for 3 months, but 14 days is perfect. Maybe a dumb question, but will my save games persist when I eventually switch to the physical disc and when GP expires?

Thank you btw!!

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Holy shit that's it! I haven't set up the Xbox yet, so haven't looked into Game Pass much. I kinda thought I had to spend at least for 3 months, but 14 days is perfect. Maybe a dumb question, but will my save games persist when I eventually switch to the physical disc and when GP expires?
Yes it will. These are the same games just different payment methods; they share everything. All your saves are backed up to the cloud for free, no subscription or anything necessary.

Kaversmed

Oct 27, 2017
Denmark
Yes it will. These are the same games just different payment methods; they share everything. All your saves are backed up to the cloud for free, no subscription or anything necessary.
You're my savior! I had already come to terms with the idea that I was gonna have to play later than y'all, so this is fantastic. Thanks again!

Sep 28, 2022
Okay, I posted about wanting mods that'll be a face replacer for Sarah in the Xbox OT, but after looking at Barrett... If they do end up looking like how they do in those tweets, either face replacers for all the companions or a mod that re-textures faces/skin. They look like they just applied Vaseline to their faces after doing their skincare regimen before sleep.

Welfare

Prophet of Truth - You’re my Numberwall
Oct 26, 2017
Starfield 2 will let you free roam planets with no zones.

"You see that horizon? You can cross it."

😮 Godd Howard does it again

BountyHunter

Apr 13, 2023
Why on earth am I reading people losing it over potentially not being able to walk around a full planet? Like come on. My word.

ToddBonzalez

The Pyramids? That's nothing compared to RDR2
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Why on earth am I reading people losing it over potentially not being able to walk around a full planet? Like come on. My word.
You never wanted to press forward for hours on end to walk across a barren landscape? It seems that was big part of Starfield's appeal to many on Era lol.

BountyHunter

Apr 13, 2023
You never wanted to press forward for hours on end to walk across a barren landscape? It seems that was big part of Starfield's appeal to many on Era lol/
Yes, I dream of walking around aimlessly doing nothing... rather than flying between the 1000 planets or whatever it is completing side quests!

I swear people just look for any reason to throw up a fuss. It boggles my mind

Fizzgig

Oct 30, 2017
Was it this thread which someone recommended Everspace 2? If so, thanks! Downloaded and really enjoying it so far.

ToddBonzalez

The Pyramids? That's nothing compared to RDR2
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yes, I dream of walking around aimlessly doing nothing... rather than flying between the 1000 planets or whatever it is completing side quests!

I swear people just look for any reason to throw up a fuss. It boggles my mind
I mean, welcome to Era. There's been a lot of "controversies" like this over the years.

-Tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Oct 26, 2017
Ive said it 100 times players dont know wtf they want beyond footage and info to complain about.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
It just shows that the presentation despite being 40 minutes long left out some vital information. We had no idea how take off and landing works and after seeing the leaked video it is totally fine. Why did they never show it in presentations? And they should have just explained the planet stuff like the tweet does. It would have made no sense otherwise without having land vehicles or in-atmosphere flight anyway. But "1000 planets to explore" probably sounds better than "1000 planets with 3-5 zones each to explore", even when the latter makes much more sense from a design standpoint. This is a non-issue but will be brought up a lot in the future I guess ...

Letters

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
I absolutely want devs to pour thousands of man hours into something that I will only be able to enjoy as a highly sped up timelapse youtube video that might elicit a "eh, that's cool" reaction from me and maybe even a share in whatsapp group of gamer friends.

A Grizzly Bear

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
It just shows that the presentation despite being 40 minutes long left out some vital information. We had no idea how take off and landing works and after seeing the leaked video it is totally fine. Why did they never show it in presentations? And they should have just explained the planet stuff like the tweet does. It would have made no sense otherwise without having land vehicles or in-atmosphere flight anyway. But "1000 planets to explore" probably sounds better than "1000 planets with 3-5 zones each to explore", even when the latter makes much more sense from a design standpoint. This is a non-issue but will be brought up a lot in the future I guess ...
I'm almost certain they showed the take off and/or landing sequence cutscene.

RedSwirl

Oct 25, 2017
It just shows that the presentation despite being 40 minutes long left out some vital information.
All this confusion is basically because in all this time we've never seen uninterrupted gameplay reels to offer a sense of the pace of normal gameplay.

Adding to the confusion is how similar Starfield looks superficially to games like NMS and Elite. Nobody outside BGS and reviewers currently knows how it's different from those games and Fallout.

Ukosi

Oct 27, 2017
Slightly disappointed because I assumed we'd have the freedom of the entirety of a 1000 planets, not 3-5 (probably large) zones on each of the 1000 planets. Hope the upside to this is that each of these worlds offer very unique and impressive experiences. Will withhold judgement until I play the game.

Kiryu957

Sep 26, 2020
Slightly disappointed because I assumed we'd have the freedom of the entirety of a 1000 planets, not 3-5 (probably large) zones on each of the 1000 planets. Hope the upside to this is that each of these worlds offer very unique and impressive experiences. Will withhold judgement until I play the game.
You can roam the entire planet. Just not continuosly.

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
So have we gone from this game has no hand-crafted content to but how will I walk across endless procedurally generated landscapes?

ragolliangatan

▲ Legend ▲
Aug 31, 2019
It's the kind of stuff that sounds incredible when marketing the game but in practice there's likely nothing going on for 98% of that time, except maybe random resources. But you can do it!

it's a really cool concept, and incredible that they did it in NMS- but at the same time there is very little of incentive in terms of exploration on a planet outside of resources - And that's coming from someone who loves NMS and love to use it as a game to chill

Tigress

Oct 25, 2017
Washington

I mean, welcome to Era. There's been a lot of "controversies" like this over the years.

Where are people losing it (least on this forum, I don't tend to read game stuff elsewhere). I know I said I found it disappointing but that isn't losing it. That's just being honest (I'm also excited though that even if not seamless it truly is a whole planet we can explore). I have not seen anyone yell about lies or it not being playable cause of this or claim no buy or say the game is ruined or any over reaction. People are allowed to be disappointed and express that without being accused of going crazy about it.

I've seen more people on here creating controversy about these people losing it over it not being full planet travel.

CHC

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like the people complaining about "boundaries" are the same one who derail tabletop D&D sessions by trying to rob everyone, break into random places, and ignore all clear signposting for the intended adventure. Like can't you understand the implied agreement from games sometimes... you see a huge desert and a map with points of potential interest. Which implies there is nothing of interest outside of that.

Deleted member 35618

Dec 7, 2017

Please reread the tweet.

Deleted member 35618

Dec 7, 2017

How is this vital information and a non-issue at the same time? Why did people ever care so much about walking around entire planets? Lmao.

The "immersion breaking" claims don't even make sense. If you own a spaceship, you don't explore and travel across an entire planet on foot. I mean come on now. This is all so, so silly.

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
The planets in NMS are also incredibly small, and it still takes hours and hours to make the trip. It'd be more like finding a small moon in Elite Dangerous and seeing how long it would take to walk around it. Hell, to fly around it.

c0Zm1c

Oct 25, 2017
it's a really cool concept, and incredible that they did it in NMS- but at the same time there is very little of incentive in terms of exploration on a planet outside of resources - And that's coming from someone who loves NMS and love to use it as a game to chill
I have roamed for hours in No Man's Sky in search of S rank resource deposits or scenic spots to build bases. Having a flying companion that can be ridden helps speed it up a bit. I'm certainly going to be exploring for scenic spots to build a base in Starfield, assuming you can build anywhere like in No Man's Sky?

RedSparrows

Prophet of Regret
Feb 22, 2019

The general idea seems to be you can walk over entire planets. The only cost comes at needing to reland your ship, and only after traversing a tile the size of Skyrim.

It's a bit like going to an all you can eat buffet and finding it a chore to have to back to the counter to get some more food, it seems to me.

Doskoi Panda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Console warriors seriously dragged that shit out of the leak thread to relitigate here? This forum is going to be a goddamn disaster next week stg lmao.

ragolliangatan

▲ Legend ▲
Aug 31, 2019
I have roamed for hours in No Man's Sky in search of S rank resource deposits or scenic spots to build bases. Having a flying companion that can be ridden helps speed it up a bit. I'm certainly going to be exploring for scenic spots to build a base in Starfield, assuming you can build anywhere like in No Man's Sky?
I hope so :)

Ukosi

Oct 27, 2017
You can roam the entire planet. Just not continuosly.

The general idea seems to be you can walk over entire planets. The only cost comes at needing to reland your ship, and only after traversing a tile the size of Skyrim.

It's a bit like going to an all you can eat buffet and finding it a chore to have to back to the counter to get some more food, it seems to me.
Thanks. Interesting mechanic. Looking forward to seeing how impactful this is to the experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.