Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
Thought the Sifo-Dyas episode was pretty weak. Could have been a good opportunity to explore Dooku's turn.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
First good quality picture of Luke from TROS:

pjsdvdcjlwh41.png

I still think this was pre-reshoot, he looked better here.

It's a minor thing but I would have liked to have seen him catch it with a restored normal right hand. I don't know if he even has one.
TROS seems to imply he doesn't have one, or at least they're purposely keeping it vague, because they do their damn best to never show it at all.

I guess Force ghost Anakin doesn't have his right arm either, if he really was restored to how he was like before he turned to the dark side.

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
Sounds like a good idea to skip it then

First good quality picture of Luke from TROS:

pjsdvdcjlwh41.png

I still think this was pre-reshoot, he looked better here.

It's a minor thing but I would have liked to have seen him catch it with a restored normal right hand. I don't know if he even has one.

We were all so worried about Bigger Luke, Luuke and Luuuke that nobody thought to prepare for the greatest threat of all: Bluke.

WHY IS THIS MAN SO BLUE?

It honestly feels like the Episode I Yoda puppet, where it's just so off-model that the only explanation is that they just made him purely from memory and never once looked at a reference photo. "No I definitely remember what Yoda looked like. Little green guy? Yeah, I can whip something up". It had to have been something like that here, too. "What do Force Ghosts look like? Blue? I feel like they were blue. Definitely remember blue."

Meanwhile, in ROTJ:

DgiyO1D.png

curb

Oct 27, 2017
And now the long wait until the end of the day when I can actually get the time to watch Clone Wars

giphy-1.gif

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
It's no different than after RotJ with the Empire still being around, in both legends and canon, so I don't see the big deal.

Also important to note that this is IDW with Star Wars Adventures and not Marvel

And a lot of those replies to that tweet are just yikes af to me

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017

Bruh, if we're just going to go straight back to your regularly-scheduled programming of Resistance vs. First Order battles now then TROS is straight up not canon. I'm sorry. Sheev just showed up out of the blue with a new fleet and then they blew it up before the credits rolled; it's an anime filler episode. Just a bit of cheeky 'what if?' fun, and now we can get back to the actual manga storyline.

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Someone pointed out that this comic could take place between the celebration and the Lars homestead scene.

Cross-Section

Oct 27, 2017
Lordy, that Disney+ money really shows in the new ep. If the Rebels sequel doesn't look this good, I'm rioting.

No joke, I would love for some "forever war" commentary, but I'm guessing the IDW comic is going this way because they want to do stuff with the sequel characters but haven't the clearance to actually approach the post-ST meaningfully

PhaZe 5

Oct 27, 2017

Good...maybe actually...continue to create stories about a chronology that earned you 5 billion dollars in 5 years?

We need Star Wars to move on particularly in regards to the event films in theaters, but leaving the characters and stories in this era to just sit and rot because maybe just maybe it alters where you can go with a feature film in 10 years time is cowardly and wack.

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA

Duane

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I'm mid S4 in TCW, but am moving pretty fast. I just noticed the other day that in the S3 finale (Wookie Hunt) Ahsoka GROWLS lol.

Also, I'd forgotten that S4 starts a little slow. The animation is another jump up from S3, but the first six episodes are a bit.... just okay. The first three are the Mon Cala arc, which isn't BAD per se and looks great, but it's a bit of a slog. Then a Naboo Gungan 1 part episode (where Jar Jar pretends to be Boss Lyone)... again, not bad for Gungan episode, but not super awesome either. THEN the 2 parter where R2 and 3PO go with Plo's Bros to the planet of the Crazy Frog people. Which, again, is nowhere near as bad as the D-Squad four parter from S6 as droid eps go, but still in the doldrums.

But then finally the Umbara Arc starts and knocks it out of the goddamn park, and the rest of the season series is primo.

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
Haven't gotten a chance to watch, but are there any noteworthy differences between this version of the episode and the previously released animatic version? Did they re-record the dialogue, or is it the original takes?

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Haven't gotten a chance to watch, but are there any noteworthy differences between this version of the episode and the previously released animatic version? Did they re-record the dialogue, or is it the original takes?
Just looked it up on Youtube, one scene all the dialogue seemed to be different and in another one it was all (as far as I can tell) the same.

The direction/animation seems to be the same, too.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Yes, someone on Reddit listed some changes in dialogue and a couple altered scenes:

www.resetera.com

Star Wars: The Clone Wars (February 21 on Disney+) |OT| Somehow, this show returned OT

This was a good first episode. It honestly feels like there wasn't even a huge gap between seasons. They didn't miss a beat.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Matt Owens was responsible for writing a few episodes of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., including "The Devil Complex," the episode where Fitz gets taken over by evil HYDRA Fitz.

Lifejumper

#1 Celtics fan / #7 Serbia fan
Oct 25, 2017
Dillard's previous movies:

www.rottentomatoes.com

Sleight

After his mother's death, a young street magician (Jacob Latimore) turns to dealing drugs at parties to support his little sister. When she is kidnapped by his supplier, he uses his sleight of hand and keen intelligence to find her.
www.rottentomatoes.com

Sweetheart | Rotten Tomatoes

A shipwreck survivor on an uninhabited island must fend off a malevolent force that surfaces each night.

Both rotten audience scores. So he must be doing something right.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
On the video game side:

kotaku.com

Sources: EA Canceled A Star Wars: Battlefront Spinoff Last Year

Last spring, Electronic Arts canceled a planned spinoff of its popular Star Wars: Battlefront series—the third Star Wars game that the publisher has axed since 2017. This latest game, code-named Viking, was originally envisioned for release in fall 2020 alongside the next generation of consoles...

Last spring, Electronic Arts canceled a planned spinoff of its popular Star Wars: Battlefront series—the third Star Wars game that the publisher has axed since 2017. This latest game, code-named Viking, was originally envisioned for release in fall 2020 alongside the next generation of consoles. But once it became clear to EA's executives that the timeline was unrealistic, Viking was no more.

So there was yet another cancelled Star Wars game. Cool.

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
Dillard's previous movies:

www.rottentomatoes.com

Sleight

After his mother's death, a young street magician (Jacob Latimore) turns to dealing drugs at parties to support his little sister. When she is kidnapped by his supplier, he uses his sleight of hand and keen intelligence to find her.
www.rottentomatoes.com

Sweetheart | Rotten Tomatoes

A shipwreck survivor on an uninhabited island must fend off a malevolent force that surfaces each night.

Both rotten audience scores. So he must be doing something right.

lol, that's a good point. Indie director, 94% critic score and 45% audience score sounds right up my alley.

Set on Exegol, though? Hopefully there are some nicer, tourist-friendly spots on that planet because I don't think I could take an entire movie of dark blue and lightning.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Prince Sneev Palpatine joins the Sith Academy at Exogol and meets Sollowy Solana there. She convinces him to desert the Empire. Ochi is the main antagonist. Star Wars: Son of Darkness!

MbQ9VE5.png
5SiNpul.png

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Prince Sneev Palpatine joins the Sith Academy at Exogol and meets Sollowy Solana there. She convinces him to desert the Empire. Ochi is the main antagonist. Star Wars: Son of Darkness!

MbQ9VE5.png
5SiNpul.png

Star Wars: Three Houses

"Some believe the midichlorians, tokens of the Force's power, are necessary to maintain order. But they're wrong, teacher. The midichlorians are to blame."