Deleted member 3190

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Mmm. These long respawn times on PS4 are killing me. Are they a second or two on PC? Might just burn the $70 I spent on PS4 and switch to PC if the load times / respawn times are just a second instead of 15-20.

Edit: Also, the camera when enemies close in may be the worst of the generation, no feedback via rumble, no nothing - you just end up not being to see anything going on and guessing to dodge or run or do anything in the vain hopes of being able to see what you're doing again before you die.

Edit 2, more jank: Also some monsters live through five or six hits even when their health is at zero because they started an animation before they "died". But they can still kill you in that time. Even though you see them die right after. Oooo this shit's janky baby
Respawn load times are slow on PC as well.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Parrying lag seems to be getting worse the farther I go. It feels bugged almost.

Also the respawn points are so stupidly shitty that I keep forgetting where the fuck I came from.

Plasmid

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Got to the first planet last night, but had to stop playing for fear i'd do a 3 hour sesh and be exhausted at work.

Will continue tonight, overall the game is beautiful. Gotta get parrying down.

haradaku7

May 28, 2018
Just finished the second major world and so far this game is a real blast. Great design and combat. It's still early but I would love to see some dlc and sequel already. This take on star wars is so refreshing.

JasonV

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think the combat is quite that bad, but I think this could have benefited greatly with another three or four months of polish focusing on nothing else but combat and camera during combat. As much as I am enjoying it, I am finding myself having to work around the jank and sloppiness like an early gen game, not a game that is coming out as the generation concludes and there are tons of games with similar combat and gameplay to reference.

Jank. Thats the word Im looking for. The combat feels janky. Which is sad for a game with such a big budget.

Another complaint, the navigation/platforming with the freezing moving platforms? Please no more of this stuff lol. Its not engaging, interesting, exciting. Its just padding and busy work.

idonteven

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
im super lost in this game and no idea where to go

the map is super confusing...been stuck for over a hour

Izzard

Banned
Sep 21, 2018
Really liking it so far, but I have a few niggles.

Lightsaber sound can be a little weak
Not a fan of the map
No photo mode
Controls are a tad fiddly
Bit stuttery(Xbox one x)

Some will be fixed and I can live with the others. Just so nice to get to play a SP SW game again.

Sponged

Oct 29, 2017
Oggdo boggdo, you made me rage quit last night but tonight I won't be defeated!

(I'm one death in already tonight)

EDIT: 2 deaths

Cheddahz

Oct 25, 2017
I got to the first planet last night and I have to say that Respawn has done one hell of a job to make it seem like you're actually in a Star Wars movie (game is fun so far too)

Rumenapp

Forza Photographer
Nov 9, 2017
Dirty drivers. Bad for my mental health.

Anyway, seeing posts in the thread now about PS4 performance validates my decision to not play any games on day one. Probably gonna wait for a minimum of two patches before I jump in. FM19 keeping me busy in the meantime.

Just play it offline like i do. While i enjoy watching someone like SuperGT play online i rarely do it, and that´s ok.

The beggining of the first planet when you land is kinda janky (?) imo

No wall running felt kinda weird too because i was trying to wall run but the character would´t do it and i only "remembered" that skill minutes later

Oct 25, 2017
Is OGGDO BOGDO beatable at the beginning of the game or i should come back later
I waited until I had the healing ability, which you'll get soon if you haven't already. After that it's a matter of being extremely conservative and mostly dodging and keeping your distance. Pro-tip from the respawn screen: use slow power to buy time to heal.

You can slow and attack the tongue, apparently, but I never managed to do it.

Tansut

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Dec 16, 2017
Do we know how many hours this game is? Thinking of trying to binge it this weekend but I don't want to if it's not realistically possible.

neatsaux

Nov 11, 2018
red room
I didn't think that frog was that bad. I beat him on grandmaster after a few tries. felt good and was like beating a boss in dark souls. very satisfying. keep trying!

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Played a few hours last night, got through most of the first and second planets. Runs OK, mostly 60fps and up but with some odd hiccups every now and again, worse is some odd animation and cloth physics going on at times.

Combat is fun, but not great. Playing on hardest difficulty. Feels a bit cheap at times, timing windows don't feel great, dmg is crazy high 2-3 hits and done with even basic enemies. Which is easy as many enemies basically stun-lock you on a hit. It's not really challenging but rewarding like Sekiro was, just kind of frustrating. Might just need more time with it. Humanoid enemies are a lot more enjoyable, but still not perfect. I'll stick with it a bit more before lowering the difficulty. I think another problem is that movement feels a bit stilted. Cal's movements are just kind of janky and slow. Like just trying to run up to an enemy after they dodge or jump back feels hard to close that distance.

Last edited:

Ringten

Nov 15, 2017
What a start to the game!

However once or twice it was a bit confusing how to go further. For example: had to walk all the way to the end of the pipe for it to progress...

Anyway! Game seems plenty hard... being a jedi is not the power fantasy it may seem 😂
The force unleashed is the game for that lol.

This is gonna be good... just what I needed after finishing Death stranding earlier today lol

LuisGarcia

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
My Ocd is kicking in.. How much of the secrets and that can you generally get on first visits to planets?

Wandering if it worth leaving all the extra bits to late game?

AgentOtaku

Oct 27, 2017
My god, the pacing and the flow is soooo wonderfully deliberate. I love also very early on Respawn doesn't force objectives or suggested paths to you.

I HAD to change controls tho as Souls-Borne-Sekiro is just too embedded in me:

RT - Attack
RB - F Attack
LT - Block
LB - Jump

Face Buttons = Force Powers

MUUUUCH better and bless Respawn for following From Software's precedent of allowing fully customizable.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
So I just figured out the Force rush attack, while an enemy is the active target, can miss if they look in another direction as you initiate the attack. Not move. Look.

sigh.

DjRalford

Dec 14, 2017
Man I'm really struggling to find my way back to the ship once completing my objective, I ran around the first planet for 20 minutes trying to get back