Are you believe The Leak or not

• It's true all of it.

Votes: 834 79.4%
  • Noooo! That's not true That's impossible!

Votes: 217 20.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hydrus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Another leaked still! Shippers brace yourselves!
FRElAov.jpg

Foxtastical

Oct 27, 2017
A Galaxy Far, Far Away is not our world. When Lucas says Star Wars is for kids, he isn't strictly talking about the aesthetic of children's entertainment. He is talking about how it is supposed to inspire children. Redemption is an important theme in Star Wars, and it is not setup as a direct correlation to how it works in our world. The Force is the main differentiator. It is literally polarized, Dark and Light. A major lesson im Star Wars is that it's never to late to choose the Light. And if a character chooses the light, even after a life of living in the dark, the Force sees them as part of the Light Side. This is important for children to know. They have to choose to be good. You do good, you receive good. Children that behave badly need to see that they can still be good and they can be accepted. It's not too late. This is why we think of Star Wars as a fairytale. Obviously as adults we know there is more to it. But the lesson is simple so children get it right away.
It's mindblowing to me that you have to explain this to people.

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles

Timu

Oct 25, 2017
Still I'm optimistic about the movie, but some things could affect it depending on how it's handled.

Desparadina

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
i just have this feeling that people these days don't have as much good faith in Star Wars as they did with the leak for Avengers and honestly, I cannot see how this movie will fare any differently in the fandom than TLJ did. I think It'll be divisive and honestly I'm just watching it to see Jannah and Finn all the other stuff i've read on Reddit and here blows chunks

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not entirely bothered by Kylo being redeemed. If Anakin can still get into Jedi heaven after helping blow up a planet, then what's a couple more? Remember, Star Wars is anime after all.

However, Kylo getting redeemed, powering up Palps, and then getting chucked off a cliff reeks of "Well, we're not sure what we're gonna do with this character yet...so just put him in the freezer for now."

They could change it, I hope they change it.

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
I'm not entirely bothered by Kylo being redeemed. If Anakin can still get into Jedi heaven after helping blow up a planet, then what's a couple more? Remember, Star Wars is anime after all.

However, Kylo getting redeemed, powering up Palps, and then getting chucked off a cliff reeks of "Well, we're not sure what we're gonna do with this character yet...so just put him in the freezer for now."

They could change it, I hope they change it.

Especialy since they just showed in a comic that Ben has stopped a fall to his impending death using the Force.

kylo-ren-survives-an-ordeal-in-star-wars-age-of-resistance--supreme-leader-snoke-1-which-look.jpeg

greengr

Dec 3, 2018
That comic panel will get a loooooot of use if they don't change Ben endless pit ending, who knows they might want to leave it open ended

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
I was thinking the same thing. I feel like the same people freaking out about those leaks ended up liking the movie.
Game of Thrones is the flip side to that, it ended up being just as terrible as it sounded.

For myself I never saw Endgame spoilers, I honestly just didn't care that much to bother.

Execution can completely make up for some things like Kylo falling in a pit but now the question is is do I trust JJ? Fuck no. I expect the movie to be flashy, have some fun character interactions, look cool visually, etc. But bringing it all together to tell a compelling story? After TFA? No sir, I wish Rian was back.

antonz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Rey being related to Palpatine really isn't that big of a deal. It could certainly explain her ease of going to the Dark Side in the moment and her proficiency with the force.

Other than that it really doesn't mean anything. Palpatine apparently thinks its something he can exploit using her feelings to lure her in like a Snake before he devours her but that just reinforces that in reality she is nobody. Her own family just wants to kill her so he can be essentially reborn life essence wise. So abandoning any ties to her family and embracing the Skywalker name as her own is fitting.

Guy.brush

Oct 27, 2017
So what exactly will Kylo's motivation be to suddenly go Bendemption?
Sheev will have to basically betray him in like a handful of dialogue lines? Is Kylo turning against Palpatine to gain power for himself and then in the middle of it he has a change of heart?

Would it not be the biggest honor for him to finally meet the guy who made Vader and planned this whole Empire out from its inception?
Why turn against that guy? "Let the past die?" Real feelings for Rey? A vision of Han and Leia holding out a hand to him? Is the reason for redemption purely going to be him wanting to get closer to his parents?
I feel like this will all have to be VERY wordy as none of it is really set up in the prior films.

Deleted member 1476

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sheev will have to basically betray him in like a handful of dialogue lines? Is Kylo turning against Palpatine to gain power for himself and then in the middle of it he has a change of heart?

Would it not be the biggest honor for him to finally meet the guy who made Vader and planned this whole Empire out from its inception?
Why turn against that guy? "Let the past die?" Real feelings for Rey? A vision of Han and Leia holding out a hand to him? Is the reason for redemption purely going to be him wanting to get closer to his parents?
I feel like this will all have to be VERY wordy as none of it is really set up in the prior films.

Unfortunately I think you're overthinking it. He's going to lose/get a fatal wound/almost die at the Death Star remains (again), Rey is going to save / heal him - but still leave him stranded, then he's going to shed the old persona in some "my old self died and now I'm good, thanks ghost mom".

Yams

Oct 25, 2017
Really though, how does a picture like even leak, especially this early?? That would never be used in any trailer or marketing.

How could Lucasfilm/Disney security be this incompetent. Holy shit.

Someone's getting fired today, that's for sure.

It's probably JJ

TLJ didn't leak as much as this movie or TFA

Laser Man

Oct 26, 2017

There is a 5 second flashback of the Emperor standing over Kylo, about to bring his lightsaber down on him. But it's a missunderstanding, the Emperor just wanted to show him his cool lightsaber but Kylo thought he wanted to kill him, so understandably, he turns on him after that!

Guy.brush

Oct 27, 2017
Right, so he basically finds out Palpy just wants to syphon his and Rey's power to rejuvenate himself (Force Dyad WAT) and Kylo is then getting healed/saved by Rey and then thinks, fuck it, I am so over that bad guy thing after getting a vision of Leia?
"Lemme get my mom's saber and kill that cackling cunt over there?"
The OT had father and son conflict firmly established and it is just so much weaker with Leia and Ben. Gonna be really tricky to pull off.

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles

Unfortunately I think you're overthinking it. He's going to lose/get a fatal wound/almost die at the Death Star remains (again), Rey is going to save / heal him - but still leave him stranded, then he's going to shed the old persona in some "my old self died and now I'm good, thanks ghost mom".

According to Paxis, Leia's death happens while he fights Rey. They both sense it and are shocked. Rey recovers first and stabs him in the chest then leaves him after she uses her new powers to heal him declaring that she'll never be like him.

He's just lost in the wreckage of the Second Death Star when he experiences a vision of Han that tells him it's never too late to turn back to the light.

It has a profound effect on him and he throws away his lightsaber and Kylo Ren identity.

Guy.brush

Oct 27, 2017
May we dare to ask - who built that throne?
If Palps is weak, did he chisel away at it for some decades while mumbling about "at last he will have Revenge" or does he have a bunch of minions that crafted that for him?

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
The funny thing is that these shots, at least that Palpatine one, looks to be a screenshot from a video and not cam footage. Sure it's low quality but the framing makes it seem like straight from video

Deleted member 1476

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
According to Paxis, Leia's death happens while he fights Rey. They both sense it and are shocked. Rey recovers first and stabs him in the chest then leaves him after she uses her new powers to heal him declaring that she'll never be like him.

He's just lost in the wreckage of the Second Death Star when he experiences a vision of Han that tells him it's never too late to turn back to the light.

It has a profound effect on him and he throws away his lightsaber and Kylo Ren identity.

Oops, I misread ghost dad with ghost mom. Nevermind.

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
May we dare to ask - who built that throne?
If Palps is weak, did he chisel away at it for some decades while mumbling about "at last he will have Revenge" or does he have a bunch of minions that crafted that for him?
Leaks make it appear that it's a long contingency plan he had, the Star Destroyers were stockpiled there during height of the Empire.

Liquidsnake

Oct 27, 2017

Im down with this.

Yams

Oct 25, 2017

I hope it's all true. I should go find the post from the old place where I told BobbyRoberts and others that JJ sent Kylo down a fucked up version of the Hero's Journey and he would be redeemed by the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.