• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Are you believe The Leak or not

• It's true all of it.

Votes: 834 79.4%
  • Noooo! That's not true That's impossible!

Votes: 217 20.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

spootime

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
If we're doing our own fan fiction I always thought that Luke's turn into a teen murdering hobo would have been more realistic if he had a son that kylo killed. They were both trained together, kylo felt overshadowed/ignored, they duel, kylo accidentally kills Luke's son right as Luke shows up, etc. Luke stops himself from hurting kylo at the last second and Kylo has nowhere to go other than snoke/palpatine.

This is basically the plot to something else that I've read/watched but I'm forgetting what it is.

Ooopsklo

Banned
Aug 20, 2019
If we're doing our own fan fiction I always thought that Luke's turn into a teen murdering hobo would have been more realistic if he had a son that kylo killed. They were both trained together, kylo felt overshadowed/ignored, they duel, kylo accidentally kills Luke's son right as Luke shows up, etc. Luke stops himself from hurting kylo at the last second and Kylo has nowhere to go other than snoke/palpatine.

This is basically the plot to something else that I've read/watched but I'm forgetting what it is.
That would've added a nice dimension

Dary

Oct 27, 2017
The English Wilderness

Had they planned things in advance, they could've had Luke realise Palps had survived, that everything he fought for - and his father's sacrifice - was for naught, and had him retreat into isolation like an aging hippie, convinced that nothing they do matters in the long term.

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Had they planned things in advance, they could've had Luke realise Palps had survived, that everything he fought for - and his father's sacrifice - was for naught, and had him retreat into isolation like an aging hippie, convinced that nothing they do matters in the long term.

Or the opposite, it being the one thing that gets him off that chair and back into the fight.

Planning ahead is fun!!

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
I still like it more than any of the prequels, ROTJ, or ANH. ANH is praised alot and I respect it for what it did, but as a movie I find it boring. I just never found Luke to be a compelling protagonist tbh, which is why my opinion on the OT isn't that high. Empire is really the only gem in the Star Wars franchise IMO.

I can't respect TFA because it's just a redone ANH.

I can at least respect TLJ as a movie even if I don't like the direction that it went in and feel that it's been in invalidated by the next movie.

Deleted member 17402

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is what I would've changed with the current trilogy:
  • The First Order wouldn't be a thing; as it is, it's practically the remnants of the Empire, therefore it should've just been the remaining and dwindling Empire that tried to remain relevant years after the events of Return of the Jedi.
  • The larger and deeper story throughout all three movies should've been that a major force was threatening to bring back the Empire to full strength, but who or what it was remained unknown. Our series protagonists could've somehow been involved in identifying what this threat was. They could've still kept Rey and inserted her into the story by having her witness something happening on Jakku that seemed out of place but would fit right in with secret Empire activity.
  • If they want to use Han Solo and Chewbacca, they could've written them as having been employed by the Republic to explore the outer regions since the events of Return of the Jedi. This would tie into the larger narrative of discovering what the Empire is up to and the threat that looms on the outskirts of the galaxy.
  • Luke and Leia could've been two Jedi leading an academy. Ben could've been a student who hadn't turned yet but throughout the first and second movies had some dark force reeling him in that direction. This forces Luke to investigate the cause of that, which also ties into whatever is attempting to resurrect the Empire full-force.
  • Considering what happens in Rebels, and using the hypothetical scenario of Han and Chewbacca exploring the outer regions, Thrawn could've easily been brought into the fold. Or if that would've been too confusing, they could've introduced more Sith that existed in the outer regions but were stranded that Palpatine somehow managed to contact and bring to life. And on the other hand you would've had a new generation of Jedi that Luke was training. Rey could've found here and proven herself to be exceptional, still writing her as someone special and extremely adept with the Force.
  • Finn could've been part of the Empire who defects and informs the protagonists what's really going on. Poe could've been the stubborn pilot he is in The Last Jedi who charges head on to address the unseen threat and loses nearly all of the Republic's forces.
  • But more importantly, these movies would have some air of mystery and detective work. I think Star Wars does well with that.

Meh.

Last edited:

kIdMuScLe

Oct 27, 2017
Los angeles

would've been a nice Abel/Cain metaphor... sigh...

Guy.brush

Oct 27, 2017
This is what I would've changed with the current trilogy:
  • The First Order wouldn't be a thing; as it is, it's practically the remnants of the Empire, therefore it should've just been the remaining and dwindling Empire that tried to remain relevant years after the events of Return of the Jedi.
  • The larger and deeper story throughout all three movies should've been that a major force was threatening to bring back the Empire to full strength, but who or what it was remained unknown. Our series protagonists could've somehow been involved in identifying what this threat was. They could've still kept Rey and inserted her into the story by having her witness something happening on Jakku that seemed out of place but would fit right in with secret Empire activity.
  • If they want to use Han Solo and Chewbacca, they could've written them as having been employed by the Republic to explore the outer regions since the events of Return of the Jedi. This would tie into the larger narrative of discovering what the Empire is up to and the threat that looms on the outskirts of the galaxy.
  • Luke and Leia could've been two Jedi leading an academy. Ben could've been a student who hadn't turned yet but throughout the first and second movies had some dark force reeling him in that direction. This forces Luke to investigate the cause of that, which also ties into whatever is attempting to resurrect the Empire full-force.
  • Considering what happens in Rebels, and using the hypothetical scenario of Han and Chewbacca exploring the outer regions, Thrawn could've easily been brought into the fold. Or if that would've been too confusing, they could've introduced more Sith that existed in the outer regions but were stranded that Palpatine somehow managed to contact and bring to life. And on the other hand you would've had a new generation of Jedi that Luke was training. Rey could've found here and proven herself to be exceptional, still writing her as someone special and extremely adept with the Force.
  • Finn could've been part of the Empire who defects and informs the protagonists what's really going on. Poe could've been the stubborn pilot he is in The Last Jedi who charges head on to address the unseen threat and loses nearly all of the Republic's forces.
  • But more importantly, these movies would have some air of mystery and detective work. I think Star Wars does well with that.

Meh.
not too shabby. I agree some mystery unfolding would have helped big time.
What is so weird is that Han and Chewie being envoys or sorta secret agents of a fledgling or failing New Republic is such an easy logical step to do and it would at least have shown some character progression.
Having them again as smugglers, doing the same stuff they were doing at the start of ANH is such a retread. And it kinda clashes with his only child being on his way to being the new Vader. And then Leia also, still looking at planning boards to watch over Death Star assault v3.0..sigh.

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
In ten years, I hope JJ reveals what his original intentions for Snoke were.

I found this in the hidden archives for JJs proposed second movie.

Finn is in a ship crying about Rey.
Ren has been frozen in carbonite.
Snoke has Rey in a force grasp.

"Tell me girl, did Skywalker tell you the truth of what I am"

"He told me enough, he told me you took over after The Emperor, you turned Ben"

"After the Emperor? Foolish girl......did you ever hear the tragedy of Darth Plagueis the wise?"

*cut to black*

Deleted member 17402

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
not too shabby. I agree some mystery unfolding would have helped big time.
What is so weird is that Han and Chewie being envoys or sorta secret agents of a fledgling or failing New Republic is such an easy logical step to do and it would at least have shown some character progression.
Having them again as smugglers, doing the same stuff they were doing at the start of ANH is such a retread. And it kinda clashes with his only child being on his way to being the new Vader. And then Leia also, still looking at planning boards to watch over Death Star assault v3.0..sigh.
Yup, lol. Ah well. Hopefully it ends on a good note.

Guy.brush

Oct 27, 2017
In hindsight, having Snoke be Darth Plagueis who then gets bested one more time by his former apprentice who is also cheating death in part 3 would have been the best choice from TFA's "setup".

What else could there have been really?
A rich, giant, fucked up dude in golden robes and a love for blood red curtains is somehow leading the remnants of the Empire because he has lots of money and somehow also Force powers? And then manages to have that splinter of the Empire shit out super battleships of 60km wingspan and Super AT-ATs and full on Death planets making the Emperor's efforts look like child's play?
There was nowhere to go with Snoke, other than him being either Plagueis or a puppeteered super rich oligarch that Palpatine was using from a distance while still being weak.

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Just caught up on the trailer and the spoilers.

Im gonna have to watch this movie to be convinced....but from what Im watching reading and seeing the trailer, this sounds pretty bad.

MrPressStart

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I was worried when I heard the middle movie would have a different director. How in the hell can you let another director come in and kill off all the shit you created in the first movie.

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

21wa7alb05u31.png

Uzumaki Goku

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
part of the problem is... wouldn't it have made much more sense to kill Luke at the end of THIS movie?

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
I was worried when I heard the middle movie would have a different director. How in the hell can you let another director come in and kill off all the shit you created in the first movie.
In fairness, the original 'plan' was for every movie to have a different director. Abrams was never coming back. He just set up a bunch of hollow scenarios and mystery boxes and left others to pick it up.

Thatguy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle WA
Poll needs a new option; Some of it is true but some things are still secret. Some of the spoiler points keep changing and some are just really stupid sounding.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

Bu then we wouldnt have had the hilarity of Luke whipping out a lightsaber against his sleeping teen nephew.

He's still out there writing for his local portland paper. Where I found out he is on team "TLJ is the best since Empire".
Surprised he hasn't been canceled tbh

Liquidsnake

Oct 27, 2017
How nice would it have been if Luke were alive and involved in that final scene, even if that scene ended in his death. Willingly or unwillingly. Lost opportunities.

It really is so sad.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Woof.

The story would've been so much more interesting if Kylo never came back to the light side. Two straight movies of him flirting with the light and rejecting it every time and now he's just...gonna turn back and then die. Great. :|

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm really wondering how they're gonna pull off these Leia scenes considering that y'know Carrie Fisher is no longer with us.
Not too hard. Most of Paul Walkers scenes in Fast 7 were digital.

Jason Ward on a pod said they are utilizing a sound alike for dialogue. And said they used the same sound alike on TLJ for scenes where the on set audio was not usable because she died before recording ADR and that no one noticed.

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
Kylo was always coming back. I don't know why people were so set against it or not believing it would happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.