Who is your favorite side character in the show?

• Bond

Votes: 73 36.3%
  • Damian

Votes: 10 5.0%
  • Becky

Votes: 22 10.9%
  • Handler

Votes: 24 11.9%
  • Frankie

Votes: 18 9.0%
  • Henry "Elegant!" Henderson

Votes: 37 18.4%
  • Yuri

Votes: 17 8.5%

• Total voters

Rainy

Oct 25, 2017
lol love the fake names and the animation during the tennis shots was pretty awesome.

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019
Throughout the entire episode my wife was like:

"Guys, it's tennis." lmao

Love Nightfall's inner dialogue being so different from her actual voice and facial expressions.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Is it just me or does Loid's tennis costume look uncannily like Solid Snake

latest

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
suki suki suki suki suki suki suki suki suki suki

Sussudio

Oct 27, 2017
This arc is waaaay better in the anime than it was in the manga. It helps that it didn't take multiple months and numerous chapters without Anya/Yor for us to reach the pay off from the arc. That seems to be happening next episode.

Last edited:
It's so much more fun seeing all the tennis action animated despite enjoying it in the manga, though I do agree that they should've gone with the "Foney" spelling instead in the subs. Still made me laugh regardless & I appreciate everything about this episode. Twilight definitely can rock the Solid Snake look with the tennis short shorts for sure 👍

Also loved the extra bit with the Forgers from Nightfall's POV, they really are the best family. Yor's little dance was so cute while seeing Bond with his own racquet was just 🥰

OP
OP
Mediking

Mediking

Final Fantasy Best Boy (Grip)
Funny episode. Those Boric brothers were definitely inspired by Frankie and Henderson, right? And about Nightfall… she's an interesting character. She loves Twilight for who he actually is but at the same time it blinds her. I'm really curious to what happens to her down the line. She actually kinda reminds me of a woman I know in real life

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
What a great episode. This arc feels like it's going to be a real high point for this season.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
Funny episode. Those Boric brothers were definitely inspired by Frankie and Henderson, right? And about Nightfall… she's an interesting character. She loves Twilight for who he actually is but at the same time it blinds her. I'm really curious to what happens to her down the line. She actually kinda reminds me of a woman I know in real life

I'm assuming Twilight is ace until I see any evidence to the contrary.

Sussudio

Oct 27, 2017
^lol, I do like how anime onlys are mirroring the reaction of manga readers around this time towards the manga. Although it's going faster and done way better in the Anime, the tennis arc was fucking dreadful reading on a bi-weely basis with breaks in between. I'm seeing more complaints from anime onlys that they wasn't expecting it to be SoL this much. Why isn't Yor more involved and not actually assassinating people. Where's the plan plot etc...Literally the same reaction from manga readers during the time and kinda still is. lol

I remember Endo or his assistant Lin posting an art of Yor on twitter. The replies were mostly complaining about why Yor isn't more involved and doesn't have an arc yet. I normally don't do this, but I remember replying myself on how does this random bozo (Fiona) get a multi chapter arc with Loid first. While Yor, the wife, hasn't gotten shit yet? (The anime has done a great job getting her more involved). It turned out later that Endo and Lin were having a very hard time incorporating her assassination job while keeping the manga family friendly. I guess they said fuck it a few chapters later and made the cruise arc.

BBboy20

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It turned out later that Endo and Lin were having a very hard time incorporating her assassination job while keeping the manga family friendly. I guess they said fuck it a few chapters later and made the cruise arc.

I legit wonder how violent the final boat battle is going to be because there is no way they can use off-camera techniques without confusing the viewer what is going on and if they just outright alter the deaths, the show would just revel in pulling punches and having no teeth. Like, the show makers (or Shonen Jump or the production group) are basically going to have to make a choice on rather they want to make it the Anya Show or remind wine moms across the world ( who dressed up as Yor for Halloween) that she is a professional killer...who can do this:
hokuto-pugni.gif
Is it just me or does Loid's tennis costume look uncannily like Solid Snake

latest
O_O

suki suki suki suki suki suki suki suki suki suki
I love youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu was my second most anticipated thing about this season but I realized "oh, this is spoken in a different language so what's in my head wasn't there."

She actually kinda reminds me of a woman I know in real life
O_o

I thought Yor's brother is exhausting already, but Nightfall isn't any better. Just not my type of humor. :>
If Frost didn't say "I love youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu", I would agree.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
I'm gonna need a gif of this final tennis sequence, because goddamn.

Apr 19, 2018
I'm gonna need a gif of this final tennis sequence, because goddamn.

Indeed. The dual bullet ricochet/return swing was a thing of particular beauty.

And it's gonna be fun watching first-time watchers' reactions the moment when..... Loid gets shot. I imagine a huge demographic is gonna be shocked and horrified during those agonizing couple of seconds to see if he's okay, heh.

Last edited:

Galkinator

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Those tennis episodes were fun. Really great animation sequences as well! Yor's ball of fire was pretty cool lol

But honestly almost every episode is very fun to watch. Haven't read the manga, but it's a very good, easy to digest show with an amazing production. Nice change from the usual shonens

Apr 19, 2018
Yay, looks like next episode we're getting both...

...the Yor/Loid drink date *and* the Becky/Anya shopping trip.

They pushed the latter up sooner than expected.

The animation + camera angles during all the tennis sequences were godly 🙏 The arc was fine in manga form but it's just so much better animated if only for all the tennis animations.

But Yor v Fiona, yes, that's was DBZ levels of awesome 🤣

I would also like to commend the staff for their focus on feeding viewers with equal opportunity eye candy 🙏

King Dodongo

Oct 27, 2017
That Yor look at the end was something. Fiona is quite the character.

Fun episode, the only one that felt like filler was the one with the student leaving due to a misunderstanding/Yor going to Anya's school.