• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

borghe

Oct 27, 2017
Cool. I'll never understand the folks who act like ads are the worst thing ever. Wow, a few extra minutes of crap added to your shows! Pick up your phone or go make a sandwich.

I could see if they were like normal ads that used to air on TV. You aren't being hit with like 6 of them during each break šŸ˜…
I mean... no, not 6... but back when I first went ad-free... it was often at least 3 ads per break. also this takes into account the increased ad breaks in shows.. up to 5 now for hour long shows, and 3 for 30 minute shows, where it was 3 for hour long shows and 2 for half hour shows (not including intro and outtro in either the before or after, which is another break each)

so usually at least 10 minutes for an hour long show.. and 6 minutes for a half hour show. aka 25-30% extra time per show.. that's significant. (refactored my percentages based on the actual run times of 22 min and 44mins.. still old school thinking about half hour blocks)

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
And existing.

It's right in the OP.

"Spotify Premium now includes a free subscription to Hulu's ad-supported plan. This perk goes into effect today, and it is available to new and existing users of Spotify's Premium streaming service in the US."
But it also says in the link:
*Open only to users who are new to Spotify Premium.

And when you click what if I already have Hulu, it sends you to here:
Here's how to activate this plan if you're eligible: Purchase Spotify Premium and follow the steps we provide.

How do you trigger those steps if you've already got Premium?

dots

Oct 27, 2017
Watch Letterkenny if you get he chance, it's maybe the best thing on Hulu.

gaiadyne

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I've had Spotify Premium Student which includes Hulu and Showtime. I wonder if they will eventually add Showtime to the regular Premium subscription to further sweeten the deal.

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

I just logged into Spotify and got this:
screenshot2019-03-12aw8j7a.png

Are you not in the US?

OP
OP
GK86

GK86

Oct 25, 2017

If you already have Spotify + Hulu, you don't have to do anything. Next billing cycle it will be $10.

If you have spotify premium, go to your account page, on the left side:

o0X6Znr.png

Click your services and activate it.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't re-up ad-free Hulu after I got a new debit card last month. Nice to have access to the ad version since I've been paying for Spotify going on 6 years anyway, though ideally they'd knock $5-6 bucks off the ad-free plan.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know if I'm the only one with this issue, but Spotify just doesn't go loud enough for me. I wish it did, because I very much enjoy the Discovery feature

Perhaps Apple Music streams at a higher quality, but if haven't had a volume issue there.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
Wow. Spotify + Hulu for $10? That's a damn good deal. I just activated it on my account.

But as someone that has never used Hulu, is it just another Netflix-type app, and not a streaming TV service like YouTube TV, Direct TV Now, or Playstation Vue?

Psychotron

Oct 26, 2017
Shame they aren't giving it to family plans, but Sprint already gave me the hookup with Spotify. Spotify did give me a free google home mini around Christmas which was nice.

MikeHattsu

Oct 25, 2017

Superking

Oct 25, 2017
Okay, so including Spotify Premium + Hulu, this makes it $9.99/mo.

Hulu by itself is $5.99 though. Doesn't seem like much of a savings.

Hoa

Jun 6, 2018
Always was hesitant to spend money on Hulu and it comes to me instead, awesome.

It's got all of Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends too? Bet.

konka

Oct 25, 2017
Its just a lackluster experience thats all. No different than using Spotify Basic

Sure, but I listen to music a hell of a lot more than I watch TV so I can justify it for Spotify but not for Hulu. Hulu with ads used to be free and I used it from time to time and then they made it unavailable as a free product, unlike Spotify Basic which is still available free.