• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

GK86

Oct 25, 2017
Edit - Check the threadmarks for other restrictions.

Link.

Spotify Premium now includes a free subscription to Hulu's ad-supported plan. This perk goes into effect today, and it is available to new and existing users of Spotify's Premium streaming service in the US. Following Netflix's recent price hike, Hulu lowered the cost of its ad-supported plan down to $5.99 a month, and now, Spotify users will get savings on top of savings.

To take advantage of this deal, new Spotify users can sign up now. Just be sure to activate Hulu on the "Your Services" page within account settings. If you already get Hulu through Spotify, you won't have to do anything to start saving an extra $3 per month. On the other hand, if you subscribe to Hulu and don't yet have a Spotify account, you'll need to cancel your billing through Hulu, then set it up through Spotify to receive the discount.

Last edited:

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ad supported? Bleh.

But, I think I will set this up on my Mom's Roku and just keep using my friend's premium.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
Wow, this makes Spotify an even better deal! Just activated it right now and can't wait to catch up on some shows i've fell behind on.

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
I already had the Hulu deal activated so this is actually going to make my Spotify bill go down lol

Deleted member 11985

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nice, I've been on the Spotify+Hulu plan since it came out last year. The commercials are lame, but I don't watch a lot of TV anyway.

JD3Nine

The Fallen
Nov 6, 2017
Texas, United States
I wish there was a discount on the ad free plan. I sub to both right now, but I'm not going back to commercials. It adds up. Over the past couple of months I've watched the whole King of the Hill series. 13 seasons, hundreds of episodes. Now imagine having 7 minutes of commercial breaks every episode. No thanks.

Bakercat

Oct 27, 2017
'merica
I've got the spotify/hulu student discount for $5 a month and its totally worth it. I don't watch much tv, but my fiance does and she's not bothered by the ads. I get my music and she gets tv for $5, so awesome.

Deleted member 3038

Oct 25, 2017
The funny part is that last night I was watching stuff on hulu (Student plan so I had ads) and for some reason none of the ads would play

mjc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Only open to new premium members...ok. Do I cancel my Spotify premium and resub?

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Only open to new premium members...ok. Do I cancel my Spotify premium and resub?
And existing.

It's right in the OP.

"Spotify Premium now includes a free subscription to Hulu's ad-supported plan. This perk goes into effect today, and it is available to new and existing users of Spotify's Premium streaming service in the US."

Takamura-San

Oct 25, 2017
I still feel that google music + YouTube premium is the best value .

If this was Hulu with no ads, maybe I would switch.

Eros

Oct 27, 2017
Why doesn't this work with family plan? :(

I'd be fine with the ads version, too.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
Cool. I'll never understand the folks who act like ads are the worst thing ever. Wow, a few extra minutes of crap added to your shows! Pick up your phone or go make a sandwich.

I could see if they were like normal ads that used to air on TV. You aren't being hit with like 6 of them during each break 😅

shadow_shogun

Oct 25, 2017
Noice, now got 2 Hulu accounts now. One with ads, and the other without.
mjgrin.png

borghe

Oct 27, 2017
should probably put ad-supported in the title. Yeah it's in the OP, but man... there is a massive difference between ads and no ads Hulu.