Oct 30, 2017
Your Imagination
I'm going to bump this because I think there's too many spoilers in the new teaser trailer thread and I get some people don't want that. So we have this thread anyway for more spoiler-y discussion, might as well use it.

Regarding Trailer 2 + new commercials: I mean the trailers and commercials all look fantastic, my question though is yes apparently Neo is a
game designer who's created games called "The Matrix" which basically contain the events of the original films, but the trailers also seem to indicate the actual Matrix movies also exist in universe here, and to me that's a little more kinda iffy. I'm not really sure if that's going to work for me, like wouldn't people be constantly coming up to Anderson and going "hey you look just like Neo from the Matrix movies".
I mean, not if they knew him as an ultra-skilled hitman instead they wouldn't.

19thCenturyFox

Prophet of Regret
Oct 29, 2017
I'm going to bump this because I think there's too many spoilers in the new teaser trailer thread and I get some people don't want that. So we have this thread anyway for more spoiler-y discussion, might as well use it.

Regarding Trailer 2 + new commercials: I mean the trailers and commercials all look fantastic, my question though is yes apparently Neo is a
game designer who's created games called "The Matrix" which basically contain the events of the original films, but the trailers also seem to indicate the actual Matrix movies also exist in universe here, and to me that's a little more kinda iffy. I'm not really sure if that's going to work for me, like wouldn't people be constantly coming up to Anderson and going "hey you look just like Neo from the Matrix movies".

I suspect that neither Neo nor Trinity look like the respective actors who play them to other people. We've seen hints of this in the trailers.

Niklel

Prophet of Regret
Aug 10, 2020
So everything from the leak was pretty much real.
I assume we can use this thread as a spoiler discussions thread?

The only reason this movie exists is to give a happy ending to Neo and Trinity. Which I guess is understandable, since Lana started working on the movie after her parents died (I think she's mentioned it in some interview), and I guess giving the characters she loves happiness provided some comfort to Lana.

Tbh I need to rewatch the movie, because last third of it is very confusing.
I am honestly not even sure why Neo is still The One in the new Matrix, and why would Trinity also be The another One?
And Niobe suddenly changed her mind about helping Neo because..?

chiller

Apr 23, 2021
Tbh I need to rewatch the movie, because last third of it is very confusing.
I am honestly not even sure why Neo is still The One in the new Matrix, and why would Trinity also be The another One?
And Niobe suddenly changed her mind about helping Neo because..?

Trinity has been a component of "The One" alongside Neo from the start. Individually, they are both completely normal, but when they resonate together, that's what creates "The One."

They do kind of rush through Niobe changing her mind, but I think it's that Sati convinces her getting Trinity back is doable based on the circumstances.

Niklel

Prophet of Regret
Aug 10, 2020
Trinity has been a component of "The One" alongside Neo from the start. Individually, they are both completely normal, but when they resonate together, that's what creates "The One."

They do kind of rush through Niobe changing her mind, but I think it's that Sati convinces her getting Trinity back is doable based on the circumstances.
Well, Neo is The One because he truly believes that he is (and, as revealed in Reloaded, also because he carries the code of The One). And while it is consistent with the original trilogy that love gives power to Neo (he resurrects as The One after Trinity tells him she loves him; he becomes the most OP when Trinity is in danger, etc.), there is nothing that indicates that Trinity also has some powers, carries some code or at least believes that she is also The One. She just starts flying randomly.
Also when Trinity dies in Revolutions Neo doesn't lose his power, he remains to be an almighty superman.

But then again, the movie is just a "fanfic" (even though it's written by one of the original authors) created to provide a happy ending to the franchise. I guess it doesn't have to be perfectly logical.

chiller

Apr 23, 2021
Well, Neo is The One because he truly believes that he is (and, as revealed in Reloaded, also because he carries the code of The One). And while it is consistent with the original trilogy that love gives power to Neo (he resurrects as The One after Trinity tells him she loves him; he becomes the most OP when Trinity is in danger, etc.), there is nothing that indicates that Trinity also has some powers, carries some code or at least believes that she is also The One. She just starts flying randomly.
Also when Trinity dies in Revolutions Neo doesn't lose his power, he remains to be an almighty superman.

But then again, the movie is just a "fanfic" (even though it's written by one of the original authors) created to provide a happy ending to the franchise. I guess it doesn't have to be perfectly logical.

Hey, I'm just relaying what Resurrections says in answer to your question.

I will say, The Matrix has never been perfectly logical. The mechanics of how everything works has a bunch of holes in it if you look at it practically, but they mostly use those things to invoke archetypes or drive characters to do certain things. Sometimes it works well, sometimes it doesn't, retcon or otherwise.

ryan299

Oct 25, 2017
this summary made the movie sound better than it was. Lol. i didn't hate it but its the weakest of the series. Some things work and some do not at all.

I really liked the integration of humans, programs and machines in the real world. There's really cool ideas behind that in this movie.

I think the Morpheus recast works even though from what i can tell his return wasn't explained other than being there to find Neo again. Maybe I missed it but I didn't get that Neo created him as a program to reawaken himself.

Do Neo and Trinity get control of the Matrix because they're the power source behind this version and they make the deal with NPH at the end? I don't know why the machines wouldn't just reboot it if they're not generating the power anymore bc they're awoken. Somebody please explain.

Smith and the recast do not work at all. If you're going to keep Reeves as Neo then you need to keep Weaving as Smith. The new actor isn't bad, but hes given nothing to do here. The Smith character shouldn't be in the movie as he serves no purpose to this story. He provides the best action sequence even though it's not very good. Wish they cut this character and saved him for future movies and got Weaving back. it would've made more sense to reintroduce him in a sequel after Neo returns to full power.

The Merv reappearance is the dumbest crap ever. Lol. Loved his comment about getting a sequel/prequel/franchise of his own.

I don't have a problem with Trinity getting the powers of the One, but it isn't justified at all in this movie and is extremely anticlimactic. The idea is fine as the reason Neo is different as the One is because of her, but the execution here is poor. I guess its due to this version being run by their power.

Oct 27, 2017
Is it true that Morpheus (Laurence fishburne) and agent smith (Hugo weaving) were not in this because Lana didn't ask them to? If so, pretty stupid

Last edited:

Fiddle

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Is it true that Morpheus (Laurence fishburne) and agent smith (Hugo weaving) were not in this because Lana didn't ask them to? If so, pretty stupid
im kinda happy some elements were allowed to be laid to rest, like Fishburne. im a little sick of sequels just having everything be the same. Ressurrections was a bit refreshing to me in that regard