ket

Jul 27, 2018
Because if Miles is the main character they're not gonna have him fight Norman Osborn or rescue Harry. That's Peter's story, not Miles'.

So either they're abandoning that arc entirely or we have to wait for a third game to get to it. I don't want to wait another four or five years for the setup I already GOT to get paid off.

theyre not going to abandon the story threads of their first spiderman game. there's no reason to assume this, have you never heard of a spinoff game?

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
I'm coming to the realisation now we're seeing a second Spider-Man game before we even had a glimpse of Batman lol.
Marvel comics: how about a spider-man miles morales game, Iron man VR game and an Avengers game for 2020

WB games: more batman.
Being a DC fan right now is fuckin tough lol thankfully I love em both
WB missed an opportunity not making a Superman game. Superman flight using the upgrade to IO/SSD could've been a next gen showcase.
I pray they're making a Superman game for next gen. Batfamily is cool and all, but Suicide Squad is just more of the same. WB really has to expand. Marvel really took over the gaming space. Besides these games, they got Guardians of the Galaxy and even more coming. Like shit!

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
theyre not going to abandon the story threads of their first spiderman game. there's no reason to assume this, have you never heard of a spinoff game?

Like I said, I don't want to wait four or five years to see payoff for the first game's setups. A LOT can happen in time like that. If Marvel decides to take the rights elsewhere, we could never get that plot arc closed off.

Nov 20, 2019
lol, what part of this looked rough to you?
f0b0363dd32db6537a48c08bd7f10c1479de9069.gifv
lol exactly.

ChaosXVI

Oct 25, 2017
I'm just so fucking down for more Insomniac Spider-Man this year, even if it's not a full game. I didn't think I'd get to play more Spidey until Holiday 2021 at the absolute earliest.

And then there's Ratchet & Clank, which looks awesome as hell. I've slept on that franchise for far too long. Sony really made a smart call in snatching them up because they look like they are putting in WORK!

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
Especially as they just made a serious contender for the GOAT Peter Parker.
Could you imagine not being able to introduce you know who as a villain and have him face off against Peter or not getting that suit everyone begged for. I don't think they're done with Pete at all. Just like how Spidey PS4 ended with a Miles tease I'm sure there'll be a Peter tease to lead to the sequel.

darthpaxton

Jun 20, 2018
The first Spider-Man was my favorite game of 2018, so I'm excited to learn more about this one. I am going to be a bit cautious until we learn more because of the short turnaround time, but I honestly am just excited to swing through the city so more. I'm fine with the game being a bit shorter, but hope it's still feature-complete. Miles is a great character and I think it's great timing with the current state of the world for more people to get to know him better.

Oneandonly16

Mar 11, 2019
Like I said, I don't want to wait four or five years to see payoff for the first game's setups. A LOT can happen in time like that. If Marvel decides to take the rights elsewhere, we could never get that plot arc closed off.
An insider ITT mentioned that this game was being made prior to the original Spider-Man being released. I don't think this one has prolonged the production of Spider-Man 2 at all. 2022 - 2023 window for the sequel in my opinion.

I also see no reason Marvel would walk away from what I think their most successful game series could be lol

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
An insider ITT mentioned that this game was being made prior to the original Spider-Man being released. I don't think this one has prolonged the production of Spider-Man 2 at all. 2022 - 2023 window for the sequel in my opinion.

I also see no reason Marvel would walk away from what I think their most successful game series could be lol

Obviously you're elementally right on the last part, but never underestimate Marvel's ability to be petty pieces of shit. I also don't want to feel like Insomniac is stuck making Spider-Man games constantly for a decade or more.

I dunno. Like I'm glad we're getting more Spidey, I just wish we weren't playing ping-pong with the main storyline. I would've been way happier with Spider-Man 2 featuring both Peter and Miles as playable protagonists so we could keep going with what was already set up.

魑魅魍魎

Oct 25, 2017
I'm pretty such Peter is probably still grieving and after training Miles, Peter probably will take a small vacation with Mary Jane. The next game will probably be called Spider-men with Harry and Norman as the villains. Miles will probably have to face the prowler or someone worse in his game.

Apathy

Oct 25, 2017
I'm pretty such Peter is probably still grieving and after training Miles, Peter probably will take a small vacation with Mary Jane. The next game will probably be called Spider-men with Harry and Norman as the villains. Miles will probably have to face the prowler or someone worse in his game.
Feel they are setting up playing as Miles so the next game they'll have both him and Peter playable in a video game version of spiderverse going between dimensions

zeuanimals

Nov 23, 2017
Being a DC fan right now is fuckin tough lol thankfully I love em both

I pray they're making a Superman game for next gen. Batfamily is cool and all, but Suicide Squad is just more of the same. WB really has to expand. Marvel really took over the gaming space. Besides these games, they got Guardians of the Galaxy and even more coming. Like shit!

How would a good Superman game even work? I guess you could have tight flight controls, but shooting things with heat vision and flying around to punch enemies doesn't seem that exciting. And how would character damage work? They could just completely rip off Iron Man VR though. They could totally do that. They could have sequences where you play as Clark Kent and you're going about investigating something, using X-Ray vision and stuff. So yeah, just shamelessly rip-off both Iron Man VR and Batman VR and it'd be awesome.

zeuanimals

Nov 23, 2017
I think theres a reason this isn't called Spider-Man 2.

I'm calling it now. There is no Spider-man 2, it's just this base game with multiple giant DLC to act as their own game(s). This way you don't need multiple copies of the same files for different Spider-man games, it's just one base game file with one city and the DLC all do different things to the game and city. I don't think I would mind this if they can give us a ton of content.

Nakenorm

"This guy are sick"
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Do there's no recognizable villains in the trailer is there?
I'll thought the guy with the feathered good might have been Vulture at first but who knows

Blaackstarr

Oct 30, 2017
I'm calling it now. There is no Spider-man 2, it's just this base game with multiple giant DLC to act as their own game. This way you don't need multiple copies of the same files for different Spider-man games, it's just one base game file with one city and the DLC all do different things to the game and city. I don't think I would mind this if they can give us a ton of content.
Nah. Spider-man 2 will get announced in 2021.

vaderise

Oct 30, 2017
Antalya / Turkey
I'm calling it now. There is no Spider-man 2, it's just this base game with multiple giant DLC to act as their own game. This way you don't need multiple copies of the same files for different Spider-man games, it's just one base game file with one city and the DLC all do different things to the game and city. I don't think I would mind this if they can give us a ton of content.
No, Spider-Man 2 is def. a thing with Symbiote stuff being the selling point.

Kandinsky

Oct 25, 2017
You know they are also trying to sell a console. Doubt it's cross gen
Nah, It's exclusive. A PS5 plus Spiderman: Miles Morales PS5 exclusive game for Xmas this year is a can't miss combo.
Spider-Man being a PS5 exclusive gives way more incentive to buy a PS5.
Sure, but we're talking about a title with a gargantuan mass appeal, but...
They explicitly said this a next-gen showcase.
this?, I didnt know lol ignore.

zeuanimals

Nov 23, 2017
No, Spider-Man 2 is def. a thing with Symbiote stuff being the selling point.

I wonder how different it'll be to this game, then. Would suck to have to have a completely new game taking up space if it shares almost all of the same assets as a previous game. Unless the game can recognize it's already got a ton of the files installed and due to no seek times, it just downloads what's new and different. But at that point, it's basically DLC.