• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
I tried the spicy nugs a couple of times and both times I thought they were pretty mediocre compared to the normal ones. Still preferred the Wendy's spicy ones.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
More people buy limited time items, its why the McRib is a thing that comes back every year instead of being permanent.

As someone who worked at McDonalds I get that. McRib in the first 2 weeks makes enough money to justify the last 2 weeks where it doesn't really sell at all.

The difference here is spicy nuggets have become such a staple of McDs competitors that I feel McDs is missing out not making it a permanent item.

Lost Lemurian

Nov 30, 2019
Are they actually going to put spice in the batter this time? Because the last time they rolled these out, I honestly had a hard time telling the difference.

This just reminds me that I haven't been to Popeyes in awhile...

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So are these actually spicy, or like weak sauce spicy? And can you get them in a 20 piece?
In the world of "items offered at a nationwide fast food restaurant", I would say they are pretty spicy. Moreso than other "spicy chicken" offerings from similar establishments.

Are they going to make you sweat or clear your sinuses? No, but they've got a nice kick. If you want something genuinely scorching you pretty much have to go beyond grocery stores and chain restaurants.

Shadybiz

Oct 27, 2017
In the world of "items offered at a nationwide fast food restaurant", I would say they are pretty spicy. Moreso than other "spicy chicken" offerings from similar establishments.

Are they going to make you sweat or clear your sinuses? No, but they've got a nice kick. If you want something genuinely scorching you pretty much have to go beyond grocery stores and chain restaurants.

Sounds like a fair assessment! A nice kick sounds fine; I just like a little bit of heat, not one of those guys who likes "chemical burn spicy" kind of stuff.

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
These were amazing when they first released, will definitely get them again.

But companies please stop making spicy versions of chicken staples be "limited edition" and taking them away after a short period of time just to introduce them again at a later point. Just make then permanent..

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
Blows that it's limited again. Should be there permanently. My local Wendy's has turn to shit with their nuggests. Can't tell if it's just shit oil or some new breading.

kiaaa

Oct 27, 2017
sauce is the only thing even kinda spicy and it doesn't taste very good.

Gigglepoo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
what is detroit style?

Detroit and Chicago-style are pretty similar except the crust is thick in Detroit whereas the cheese layer is thick in Chicago. I'm surprised Detroit-style hasn't caught on. The only place that sells it in the Bay Area (that I've seen) is Little Caesars, and that's just because they're from Detroit.

Hopefully, Pizza Hut making the plunge hints at more pizza places adopting this style in the future.

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
Pizza Hut Detroit style pizza is now nationwide

Hero_Image_Detroit_Style.jpg

is this what you want you bastards
No. I want Little Ceasers to bring back the goddamn Pretzel Pizza.

Make it happen.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
The spicy nuggets are trash, though. Their plain nuggets are 16 times better and Wendy's trounces their spicy handedly.

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
People love their nuggets. I wonder why they haven't just made a chicken sandwich out of one big ass nugget yet.

Crono

Oct 25, 2017
The spicy nuggets are trash, though. Their plain nuggets are 16 times better and Wendy's trounces their spicy handedly.

Agreed. They need to actually add some spice to it. Was so disappointed. Had mcdonalds spicy chicken sandwich in China and that was fn amazing. Why cant they do that here

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
I really love the chicken wars that have been going on. I much prefer chicken sandwiches over beef burgers.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
People love their nuggets. I wonder why they haven't just made a chicken sandwich out of one big ass nugget yet.
Their old chicken sandwiches were literally just big ass nuggets. But then the fresh craze took hold and they switched to chicken breasts.

Agreed. They need to actually add some spice to it. Was so disappointed. Had mcdonalds spicy chicken sandwich in China and that was fn amazing. Why cant they do that here
Same issue I have with their spicy chicken sandwiches; they're not spicy at all, they're just loaded with some spices that create an annoying taste and sensation.

Only reason why I buy those is when I want a cheap chicken sandwich for $1 when I go to lunch at work and just suck it up.

aett

Oct 27, 2017
Northern California
If both are prepared well, I prefer the regular nuggets to spicy by a little bit. However, the nice thing about the spicy version is that they seem to be prepared well every time I get them, as opposed to regular nuggets, which seem to get overcooked at least half the time. Not sure why McDonald's is the only place to mess up their nuggets so much when they're usually perfectly done everywhere else. (There was one time when I got chicken strips at Jack in the Box and they were still frozen in the middle - thankfully they're pre-cooked - but that's probably the only time I've had a bad chicken experience at another fast food place.)

Oct 27, 2017
Still bummed the US isn't getting the three levels of Spicy McChicken that Canada got at the end of last summer, but this is all good too.

Reven

Oct 25, 2017
Bring back the spicy McChicken, you cowards

Edit: Also Chicken Selects
I don't know if it's permanent, but I do see the Hot and Spicy McChicken on my nearest McDonald's menu. For some reason it's 20 cents cheaper than the McChicken.
Where the fuck is the spicy mcchicken? That'd tempt me to go to Mcdicks again.

I feel sorry for all of you poor souls. The Hot N' Spicy McChicken is regional so keep an eye out while traveling. I am blessed in that my state has only ever had the spicy and not that trash ass regular mcchicken.