UPDATE
  • OP
    OP
    est1992

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
    Figured this would work as a meaningful bump. An email from an employee at WB recently leaked:

This is from 4chan, might be fake but we know that Warner Bros is making a multiplayer DC game and a Batman title

1555431887306.png

1555431921919.png

Jason "not spoiling"

In short, it alludes to Rocksteady's next game being a GaaS, multiplayer loot shooter. Things we already knew. Some interesting tidbits in here might point to what the game actually is, though.

It mentions multiple cities/areas (Gotham is the start, Star City is first installment in waves of DLC) and raids that will be accompanied within each city. (Ra's al Ghul is a pre-order bonus). Each city will have hub areas and a hero assigned to them (Green Arrow is in Star City). There will be online multiplayer, combat, and loot alongside customizable options (pre-order bonuses can get you iconic superhero costumes).

All of this information compiled within the document can pretty much guarantee that Rocksteady's next game is some sort of "create your own DC superhero and fight alongside your friends" kind of game where the regular DC heroes are like mentors and send you out on missions a la DC Universe Online. Each city will have a hero in a hub area that will then send you out on missions, and the game will constantly be updated with new cities and new heroes and gear.

If these leaks are true, then it really does sound like a cool game. My only hope is that it will play and feel somewhat like Arkham. I hope Rocksteady gives us a variety of powers/weapons to choose from and really flesh out the world of the DC Game Universe.

As for WB Montreal, they're probably working on keeping the mainline DC games going. They've teased a Batman: Court of Owls game for the past few months, and have another DC game in the pipeline. These will most likely be released every couple years as Rocksteady updates this massive DC game.

WB Montreal 2019 Reveal Not Likely
  • OP
    OP
    est1992

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
    According to F4r0_Atak WBM's next game (rumored to be Batman co-op) most likely will not be revealed this year.
    Can't say anything... but I just hope for the best to them. Not crossing my fingers for this year though. :/
    Mods can verify my info if they want.
    Disheartening, seeing as they've gone over six years without a release.

As far as Rocksteady, multiple insiders are pointing towards this E3 finally being the year Rocksteady debuts their next title (rumored to be create own superhero shlooter).